Raheem to ATL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But again the only thing is that I would have been a bit more aggressive on 3rd and 10 to 20. But that's just me. My opinion only. And you know what they say about opinions...

If you disagree - well you can have your opinion and I respect that. Just respect mine as well even as flawed as you think it might be.
Morris running the defense the way McVay wants differing from how you want Morris running it means absolutely nothing. Great you have an opinion we all do. Doesn't mean Morris is bad or any of the many adjectives that have been attributed to him over the last 3 years. It's especially funny these opinions of Morris are floated around but watching the playoffs I don't think some of you will ever be happy with a DC. Spagnola was using soft coverages on 3rd down I saw multiple 3rd downs where the db's were all past the 1st down marker. You see it with all the dc's some have had their names thrown around with comments like "If only we had XYZ as our DC" And there's that dude doing the same exact shit that some don't like Morris doing.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Spagnola was using soft coverages on 3rd down I saw multiple 3rd downs where the db's were all past the 1st down marker. You see it with all the dc's some have had their names thrown around with comments like "If only we had XYZ as our DC" And there's that dude doing the same exact shit that some don't like Morris doing.
Chiefs do not play cover-6 much ... but for whatever reason they play it here ... and that is what the scheme requires. It's a Cov-6, if you don't want this call something else.

Spags is a pressure coach not 100% of the time, there is a relatively small percentage of this and Cov-8 and Cov-4 ..

2024-01-28_22-59-01.jpg

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I know this is an oversimplification and you're discussing inverted-2 here, but in traditional tampa-2 the mike usually drops back way far making it almost a cover 3 look, no?

another invert Tampa 2 -- corners drop back half field, Safety hole or "middle runner" he comes down

2024-01-29_15-45-10.jpg

Tano

Legend
Morris running the defense the way McVay wants differing from how you want Morris running it means absolutely nothing. Great you have an opinion we all do. Doesn't mean Morris is bad or any of the many adjectives that have been attributed to him over the last 3 years. It's especially funny these opinions of Morris are floated around but watching the playoffs I don't think some of you will ever be happy with a DC. Spagnola was using soft coverages on 3rd down I saw multiple 3rd downs where the db's were all past the 1st down marker. You see it with all the dc's some have had their names thrown around with comments like "If only we had XYZ as our DC" And there's that dude doing the same exact shit that some don't like Morris doing.
Thing is I have stated that I like Morris defense on the rest of the plays this year and I am still of the opinion that last year was due to having a poor assistant coaching staff after seeing what Morris implemented this year with having a better assistant coaching staff.

By the way - when I mean more aggressive, I mean on some of those specific plays - blitz, on others - stay back. Mix it up.

And this is just based on my memory that I do not ever recall Morris blitzing on 3rd and 10 to 20.

I could be wrong. My memory isn't perfect. Maybe we did blitz occasionally but I can't remember a time that they did.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
And this is just based on my memory that I do not ever recall Morris blitzing on 3rd and 10 to 20.
He did.

I could be wrong.
You are

went to the game you were most disappointed in ... going by your list ... and these are not isolated and are easy to find.

View: https://x.com/53_jim70721/status/1752388598781874261?s=20

View: https://x.com/53_jim70721/status/1752387230746722540?s=20

I must say, by narrowing what your concerns are (3-10 or longer, outsize red zone, outside garbage time) limited you. You should have wanted to look at 3rd and longs ... you want to include 3rd and 10, but leave out 3rd a 7 or 3rd an 8

Cane we now put this to bed...it's not your memory it's that you are going by watching a game on TV one time and you don't get a chance to see what is happening very well -- most people need to see the game more than once to try and determine what happened in any meaningful way.

So it's that you don't have anything to remember one way or the other. All you felt was your frustrations on the 35% of your targeted plays failed.

Your memory is your anger and frustration. Not what the strategy is -- blitz or not.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
By the way - when I mean more aggressive, I mean on some of those specific plays - blitz, on others - stay back. Mix it up.
That is EXACTLY what they do. Exactly.

View: https://x.com/53_jim70721/status/1752398395707134414?s=20

So, please do not try and change the parameters. No more moving the goalposts. The Rams do what you want and you are still not pleased. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will change your mind ... and I know, I know, you don't have to believe the numbers, you don't even have to believe the visual evidence today. But it just means you are avoiding the truth and the truth is things were never as bad as you tried to paint them.

Tano

Legend
That is EXACTLY what they do. Exactly.

View: https://x.com/53_jim70721/status/1752398395707134414?s=20

So, please do not try and change the parameters. No more moving the goalposts. The Rams do what you want and you are still not pleased. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will change your mind ... and I know, I know, you don't have to believe the numbers, you don't even have to believe the visual evidence today. But it just means you are avoiding the truth and the truth is things were never as bad as you tried to paint them.

Hmmm - the ones they blitzed they failed 3 out of 4 attempts out of the ones you showed

I guess it is the ones that they succeeded on that I am remembering

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Hmmm - the ones they blitzed they failed 3 out of 4 attempts out of the ones you showed

I guess it is the ones that they succeeded on that I am remembering
Exactly. What does that tell you?

It tells me that blitzing is no panacea. Yes, it's "'gressive" *growls* and makes fans happy, but they fail, too but they succeed some as as well.

But they did what you want ... they mixed it up. And the results, as was proven were a fairly low failure rate (35%).

Recap:
Rams blitzed on 3rd and 10+
Some of those blitzes didn't work the way you wanted to.
Means some of the time they succeeded they rushed only 4.
Also means they mixed it up, like you wanted -- they didn't do the same thing everytime.

All this is, it seems to me, is Rams are not a dominant defense and you wish they were a dominant defense. Everyone wishes their team has a dominant defense. Few get it.

What we got, though, is one good enough to get a ring. That was good enough for me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Alot of analysis paralysis and contrarian syndrome on this board lately.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Brandon Staley is coming back.
Look at the bright side.
It can be like Morris all over again. Whipping boy to some. Dynamite coach to others.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Chiefs do not play cover-6 much ... but for whatever reason they play it here ... and that is what the scheme requires. It's a Cov-6, if you don't want this call something else.

Spags is a pressure coach not 100% of the time, there is a relatively small percentage of this and Cov-8 and Cov-4 ..

View attachment 64204

Could be the call with a KC using different personnel. A LBer for a DT

CB on quarters side is deep, MOD coverage
CB on halves side in press, squat or smash, cannot tell, one to force inside, other to force outside... probably squat
as in the diagram. Also could be head up --- in MEG, just cannot tell ...

but gives and idea why the depth - to keep structure of the coverage, they want 4 on 3 on strongside and 3 on 2 in the weak and need to be at proper depth to get the defense to work

2024-01-30_17-28-59.jpg

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Disagreeing with you is "never a good look" ? The narcissism is thick.
RM is gone, Gone, GONE !!! No point in talking about it anymore.
New day, new coach.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Disagreeing with you is "never a good look" ?
Well, let's call it a willful misreading of a comment. What I say is not a good look is complaining and then being proud of ignoring is not a good look. I find it ironic given the meaning of the word.
2024-01-30_18-26-03.jpg

If someone actually disagrees they can do it. I welcome any conversation about this topic. It seems there are some who just want to take cheap shots and then hide.

The narcissism is thick.
Right, because the main characteristic of a narcissist is showing some compassion and a sense of fairness for another human being. Maybe you need to review the definition of the word. In the case of Rah it would be the narcissist point of view to attack without regard to any of that. They only care how things affect them such as "Boo hoo, Rah plays soft and it makes me feel bad. What can I do to get even. I know I'll trash him online and do while making up falsehoods. Sniffle. Like that.

RM is gone, Gone, GONE !!! No point in talking about it anymore.
Well, on the way out there are some that continue to complain and have done so this very day. But when challenged they don't like it so, I guess, wish to ignore, not understanding the results of ignoring opposing views.

But I do appreciate you for illustrating the mindset I often refer to.

New day, new coach.
That is true, but if it's Staley or Evero be prepared for their soft zones.

Staley's first game with LAC ... man some of the CBs are deep. I wonder will the complaints be returning if Staley does what he's always done?

2024-01-31_1-12-20.jpg
2024-01-31_1-12-38.jpg
2024-01-31_1-13-22.jpg
2024-01-31_1-13-36.jpg
2024-01-31_1-13-58.jpg
2024-01-31_1-14-14.jpg
2024-01-31_1-14-29.jpg
2024-01-31_1-15-21.jpg
2024-01-31_1-15-34.jpg
2024-01-31_1-16-07.jpg
2024-01-31_1-16-28.jpg
2024-01-31_1-16-43.jpg