Raheem to ATL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Tampa-2 which is it's own thing, right?

Here is a partially inverted Tampa-2 ... usually it is 2 safeties taking the deep half and the MIKE (or any linebacker can do it) drops to the hole, the shot middle ... not as deep as the safeties by deeper than the LBers and CB

Here are three examples

In this one the safety is in a single-high look and he takes the flat, not the deep 1/2. The CB takes the top deep-1/2 they switch

2024-01-27_18-52-49.jpg
2024-01-27_18-53-39.jpg
2024-01-27_18-54-13.jpg

On this one rather than the Mike to the hole --- he takes the hook/curl and the nickel lback takes the hole.

2024-01-27_18-47-16.jpg

2024-01-27_18-47-55.jpg
2024-01-27_18-49-29.jpg

Here is a 3rd, it's an inverted Tampa-2 with the LBers blitzing

The CBs each take the deep 1/2, the MOF safety takes the hole (call hi ma middle runner) and S and Nickel replace the CBs in the flat. There are not hook/curl -- these days called curl vision ... it's a read rather than just a pure drop to a zone
2024-01-27_19-02-57.jpg
2024-01-27_19-03-57.jpg
2024-01-27_19-04-53.jpg

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Who knows… maybe Baker? If they can’t get Cousins?
I think Baker without Canales is a little more meh than he was this year. Now, maybe Baker could have been as good with us with a full offseason (Robinson could be intrigued) but Canales unlocked in Baker an ability to take less sacks. That was a big deal for him. Baker is a guy, the best that you'll get from him, is what the Bucs got this year, just a grip it a rip it guy. Play action, deep shots. Hey, maybe I am talking myself into Baker for them. I bet Bucs resign him to an OKAY deal though. Think he's gonna regress though without Canales.

If I'm ATL, I'm exploring Fields, Cousins, probably Nix and Penix (though I'd be loathe to take them in the 1st), Rattler in the 2-3rd round. Hope they don't go after Russell.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Here is a partially inverted Tampa-2 ... usually it is 2 safeties taking the deep half and the MIKE (or any linebacker can do it) drops to the hole, the shot middle ... not as deep as the safeties by deeper than the LBers and CB

Here are two examples

In this one the safety is in a single-high look and he takes the flat, not the deep 1/2. The CB takes the top deep-1/2 they switch

View attachment 64168View attachment 64167View attachment 64166

On this one rather than the Mike to the hole --- he takes the hook/curl and the nickel lback takes the hole.

View attachment 64171

View attachment 64170View attachment 64169
I know this is an oversimplification and you're discussing inverted-2 here, but in traditional tampa-2 the mike usually drops back way far making it almost a cover 3 look, no?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Smart of Rah to take Zac with him as OC, interested in watching him build his staff.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
traditional tampa-2 the mike usually drops back way far making it almost a cover 3 look, no?

This one I like ... it's tradition Tampa-2 and everyone is at their landmark in still 2 ----

but look at the curl/hook player or vision hook .... he sees the pass concepts figures out the RB is going on a 7 route so he does not pass it off to the safety, he just stays on the RB... not a call, he did played smart football --- that is the 3rd still with the yellow circle
so in a way, the LBer improvising made it a 6-man zone and one man to man,

2024-01-27_20-20-57.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

View: https://x.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1751497588908642466?s=20

Jourdan Rodrigue
@JourdanRodrigue
·
10m
What an extraordinary day for Zac Robinson and his family. He and his wife welcomed a son into the world on the same day he accepted the Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator position, according to a source with direct knowledge. Am told mom and baby are doing great.

He has been solid with The Rams since he became a Rams coach.

He helped John Wolford who started over Jared Goff a championship game in Seattle.He seriously helped Cooper Kupp with winning The Triple Ctown.

Congrats to him (& family)!

Jake Peetz is really going to (need) to step up.I like his energy & wonder how much his career is going to change?

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Cool, third and long? No problem.

Actually, more of a problem that you may think.

3rd and 10+ = 8th best
3rd and 7+ = not as good, but not bad, either = 14th in NFL --

Sometimes things are made to sound like Rams on 3rd and long were some sort of disater. It's just not true.

1706429892343.jpeg

1706430011148.jpeg

Tano

Legend
Actually, more of a problem that you may think.

3rd and 10+ = 8th best
3rd and 7+ = not as good, but not bad, either = 14th in NFL --

Sometimes things are made to sound like Rams on 3rd and long were some sort of disater. It's just not true.

View attachment 64177

View attachment 64178
I just don't agree with these stats. I showed my support that on 3rd and 10 to 20 before the teams were trying to run out the clock and before the red zone, the Rams gave up a first down on over 50% of the time in over half the games. That's not that good imho.

They were really good in 5 games where they didn't give up a 1st down. And I believe that was against teams that had poor offenses. That kind of messes with the percentages.

But I will say that on other 3rd downs, we will have a definite problem against his defense and we will definitely have a big problem in the red zone. He always had one of the top 10 red zone defenses imho.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I just don't agree with these stats. I showed my support that on 3rd and 10 to 20 before the teams were trying to run out the clock and before the red zone, the Rams gave up a first down on over 50% of the time in over half the games. That's not that good imho.

They were really good in 5 games where they didn't give up a 1st down. And I believe that was against teams that had poor offenses. That kind of messes with the percentages.
Of course you dont.
Now go ahead and apply these same restrictions for the other 31 teams and come back to us. You can't just change up the parameters for one team an be like "see they're actually not that good". Those numbers are from 21-23, not just this season.

Last edited:

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Of course you dont.
Now go ahead and apply these same restrictions for the other 31 teams and come back to us. You can't just change up the parameters for one team an be like "see they're actually not that good".
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.