Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Starter
Question. Why does this thread go on and on? It's because none of us like this defense as it's coordinated by this coach. We all hate it. Hate it. That's why.
Did you and everyone here hate it last season when they turned the game around and drove us to another SB? I for one am not a hater and I imagine that I am not alone

Perhaps they would take more risks if the offense scored a little more? Perhaps we would benefit from playing with a lead more than once in a while? Perhaps we are one or two players short of being a dominant group, even if there is a great nucleus - one that some around here want disbanded [sucks his teeth]

brucebruce

Rookie
Playoff caliber defense. Get the fuck out of here Blaine. Goddamn I am tired of statistical sycophants that can't call a spade a spade.

Watching this team is like watching someone bleed out and die. Every game. Offense can't do shit because there is zero line. Defense is a get-right unit for any offense that is having struggles. It is a sickening combination. Every fucking QB looks good vs this scheme and that's bad in this league.

People are going to complain about Detroit getting a high pick due to our downfall but tbh I am looking forward to a high second round pick. Maybe just maybe a difference maker slides to us. I don't care what fucking position that difference maker plays either. Take the best player. Don't force a wideout because you all got together and drank 15 cups of coffee and the need drove self delusion. Whatever that best player plays take him.

For the rest of this season I'm done watching this team. Which sucks because like so many of you I have endured some really shit teams while watching every game over many seasons. But I am not interested in seeing a team lose the way this team loses. Way too painful think I'd rather have a fucking root canal then watch this shit show while McVay keeps handing the fucking ball to Henderson and making decisions like this defense can be counted on to make stops. Absolutely terrible. Might as well go for every fourth down because after we punt the fucking opponent is right back to the original LOS in about three plays anyway. So painful.
bravo.

i'm still watching but i start to ffwd when it gets bad. also, all games are taped. imagine sitting through ads and downtime in between bad possessions and plays. break out the xanax.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you and everyone here hate it last season when they turned the game around and drove us to another SB?

no, we loved it in the playoffs because they played aggressively. none of this sitting back and allowing completion after completion.

please don't compare what's happening this season to that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bravo.

i'm still watching but i start to ffwd when it gets bad. also, all games are taped. imagine sitting through ads and downtime in between bad possessions and plays. break out the xanax.

i have never watched a game quicker than the last one. my finger kept clicking the 10 seconds ahead button all game. was too much to bear to watch replay after replay of the d sucking. let alone the awful offense led by a qb with the accuracy of a scud missile.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Or

Or play soft zone so that he waltzes his team down field for a SB winning field goal? For the record, was that a playoff caliber defense?

They were gassed and had played well so it seems a bit out of order to blame the D for possibly the best player in NFL history doing what he does (even then he needed some luck)
Im not sure what you're referring to.
Or

Or play soft zone so that he waltzes his team down field for a SB winning field goal? For the record, was that a playoff caliber defense?

They were gassed and had played well so it seems a bit out of order to blame the D for possibly the best player in NFL history doing what he does (even then he needed some luck)

Not sure what we're talking about here

TheTackle

Starter
no, we loved it in the playoffs because they played aggressively. none of this sitting back and allowing completion after completion.

please don't compare what's happening this season to that.

You are not wrong, but as I pointed out, there are some contributing factors - most of which are not the fault of the coach in the title of the thread

Our DBs should play less zone, but (honestly) people here were complaining about that before Raheem arrived. They were up in arms about it last season and probably will be next. I prefer press-man with an aggressive front, but perhaps we are missing at least one premier pass rusher to make that work. Either way, our scheme disguises coverages, which means playing off man and handing people off into zones - at least a high percentage of times - otherwise, it wouldn't be much disguised.

Ramsey says he's a great coach, and he produced one of the best runs of defensive games that we have seen in horns for years, which we both enjoyed immensely. The D has been effective but not spectacular this season, and there have been some poor series, which have been magnified because of our offensive disasters

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Doesn't Morris need to rachet up the defense? Our best chance is to be aggressive and try to force turnovers and possibly even a defensive score. That won't happen playing soft zones. Soft zones are great when you're up 17 in the 4th quarter.

Did anyone watch the Chargers whiners game? The Chargers played some soft coverages but at least pre-snap they made it look like they might bring the house. It forced crapollo to make quick decisions rather than close his eyes (literally) and throw the ball to the guy that has the DB playing 12 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 5.

What's the worst case scenario? We lose another game?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Doesn't Morris need to rachet up the defense? Our best chance is to be aggressive and try to force turnovers and possibly even a defensive score. That won't happen playing soft zones. Soft zones are great when you're up 17 in the 4th quarter.

Did anyone watch the Chargers whiners game? The Chargers played some soft coverages but at least pre-snap they made it look like they might bring the house. It forced crapollo to make quick decisions rather than close his eyes (literally) and throw the ball to the guy that has the DB playing 12 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 5.

Nah, the goal of to sit back and get picked apart on 12 play drives and then by the end of the game the D is dead tired and they can't hold up on a key drive and we lose. Got it!

....or so I have been told.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

The Niners gained more yards against the Chargers than in either game against Rams.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I fell asleep on the Cards game, 2nd half on Sunday. Was sick.
I just finished the 3rd Quarter. Wow.
That's the defense i wanted to see, and it worked. 0 points by the Cards. 7 points by the Rams.

Still have to see what happened in the 4th.

brucebruce

Rookie
The Niners gained more yards against the Chargers than in either game against Rams.

1i4zeo.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I fell asleep on the Cards game, 2nd half on Sunday. Was sick.
I just finished the 3rd Quarter. Wow.
That's the defense i wanted to see, and it worked. 0 points by the Cards. 7 points by the Rams.

Still have to see what happened in the 4th.

Well- my guess is they were on the field a little to Chris Long.

Who cares about Stats though. The Rams lost again at HOME AGAIN!!

WHOSE HOUSE? NINERS HOUSE !

Freaking unbelievable how infested the SOFI was against them. Seems it still has to much Red again.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Just finished watching the USC-UCLA game. Didn't know that Raheem moonlights as the Bruin DC.

Face Palm No GIF

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Stole from Reddit. I wonder why we haven't been getting as many sacks this year

Attachments

• zp0yyx42x71a1.jpg
    zp0yyx42x71a1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 38

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stole from Reddit. I wonder why we haven't been getting as many sacks this year

that's fucking pitiful.

4 qbs that should have been forced to hold onto the ball were given easy outlets throughout the game.