Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Fuck…
Dude… I, literally, start off with;

“No one is going to say the defense was “good” today..”

So… what’s the deal?

"Just some context.. two scores on short fields after turnovers... and they gave up fewer than 300 yards."

You present excuses under the guise of context to deflect criticism from the defense. They got tore apart by COLT MCCOY. A defense that is mostly healthy and features Ramsey, Donald and Wagner gave up almost thirty points to COLT MCCOY. There are NO EXCUSES and NO CONTEXT IS NEEDED.

COLT MCCOY PUT UP 27 POINTS ON RAHEEM MORRIS' STAR STUDDED DEFENSE. This defense is an embarrassment. You want context? How many turnovers did the defense have? ZERO. AGAIN. They've had ONE since week 3 and that was against PJ WALKER.

It is absolutely baffling to me that people want to defend Morris and his scheme even thought the results are right in front of you week after week and every analyst consistently points out how flawed it is.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
"Just some context.. two scores on short fields after turnovers... and they gave up fewer than 300 yards."

You present excuses under the guise of context to deflect criticism from the defense. They got tore apart by COLT MCCOY. A defense that is mostly healthy and features Ramsey, Donald and Wagner gave up almost thirty points to COLT MCCOY. There are NO EXCUSES and NO CONTEXT IS NEEDED.

COLT MCCOY PUT UP 27 POINTS ON RAHEEM MORRIS' STAR STUDDED DEFENSE. This defense is an embarrassment. You want context? How many turnovers did the defense have? ZERO. AGAIN. They've had ONE since week 3 and that was against PJ WALKER.

It is absolutely baffling to me that people want to defend Morris and his scheme even thought the results are right in front of you week after week and every analyst consistently points out how flawed it is.
Dude.. if you don't want to talk about what actually happened because you want to believe something, have at it.

BECAUSE THAT FUCKING HAPPENED.

More context? Colt McCoy was 2-1 as a starter. He passed for 249 agains the 9ers last year and 328 against the Seahawks. That 249 against the 9ers was more than Stafford had in either of the games against the 9ers last season.

More context? Um.. two short fields... do you watch football and understand what a turnover is? And what that means when it happens deep in your own territory?

Do you even know that they were playing more press today?

Did the defense play good??? NO!!!

But you tripping over yourself to blame it on a "soft scheme" pretty much shows what the fuck up.

TORN UP?? Dude... he had 228 fucking yards.. Exaggerate much? Why, yes.. yes you do.
This defense has MAJOR personnel issues.. and if you can't see that, it's because you don't WANT to see that.

Tired of bullshit like this.... you've got an agenda, I got it.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
That defense makes my head hurt.

I don't care about the stats or the metrics...it literally gives me a fucking headache.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the morris shut down d just let colt mccoy waltz down the field at will the whole game.

my eyes hurt watching the d get sliced and diced throughout the game.

fuck i hope some dumb team picks him up as a hc for next season. i can't watch it any more.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

the morris shut down d just let colt mccoy waltz down the field at will the whole game.

my eyes hurt watching the d get sliced and diced throughout the game.

fuck i hope some dumb team picks him up as a hc for next season. i can't watch it any more.

Fair enough I can’t argue & don’t think I recorded it again.Funny how that works.I’d probably watch the game 10 times if I did.

My question is legit though.

IMO Henderson is one of The Best D”Line coaches in The NFL. Raheem Morris would probably want to give him The DC job if hired as a HC.
I guess if Henderson goes do The Rams get a Comp pick for both Henderson & Morris?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dude.. if you don't want to talk about what actually happened because you want to believe something, have at it.

More context? Colt McCoy was 2-1 as a starter. He passed for 249 agains the 9ers last year and 328 against the Seahawks. That 249 against the 9ers was more than Stafford had in either of the games against the 9ers last season.

More context? Um.. two short fields... do you watch football and understand what a turnover is? And what that means when it happens deep in your own territory?

But you tripping over yourself to blame it on a "soft scheme" pretty much shows what the fuck up.

TORN UP?? Dude... he had 228 fucking yards.. Exaggerate much? Why, yes.. yes you do.
This defense has MAJOR personnel issues.. and if you can't see that, it's because you don't WANT to see that.

I wasn’t able to see the game,but you explained it fairly well.It makes a lot of sense & I see your point & the excuse for a better rebuttal.

1. Stats are for lossers - LOL
2. From the above though the stats say Colt managed the game well & if he was The Rams backup.We know who wins.
3. If not without stats if The Rams have no-run game & heard from basically Mcvay say The Rams run D’ - sucked yesterday.
4.The flaw comes from Mcvay & Snead not addressing the Right DE/OLB position. — both rookies hurt.Brussss & Daniel Hardy.Whitley from Holy-cross looked better than Holland in camp.Garrett was a bust ?6

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Once again Taylor Rapp must go.
—thanks Les Snead. Twice not making it to the playoffs because of him.
Rams snuck in last season & Raheem Morris found some player off the basketball court to help The Rams win it all.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Run defense is top 5.

Pass defense is average (based on yardage surrendered) as are points yielded and sacks.

Bottom 5 in turnovers.

I'd say that adds up to nothing really special overall.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!

Computer Working GIF

Colt McCoy making Raheem Morris supporters bend but also breaking with the non sensical stuff they’ve typed in this thread from the beginning. :laugh1: :violin:

By now it’s just becoming funny.

Watching Chef Morris’s cooking show:

“ok Let’s see, let’s add 3 HOF’s, a weak run defense, 12 yard off zone for our CB’s, two DE’s that combine for less than a decent RDE, now let a career McCoy backup Burn you at 400 degrees for 60 minutes and Wahlaaa! Chef Morris’ Famous 12 Yard Doomsday Defense!!”

day chef GIF

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Reality is with this defense that makes teams go the long way, opponents are going to be successful, at times.
Reality is with this defense, the 2022 Rams should be 5-4 or 6-3 if they had a half decent offense. If they had the 2021 offense the Rams would probably ben7-2 or 8-1.

Point? ITS THE OFFENSE STUPID!!!

But some fans didn't like Morris last year and IIRC, his defense came up huge during the year but especially in the postseason. They want to forget that and say, "see, it's Morris' defense that is killing us. We were right.last year and we're still right".

FACT: Our offense has been unable to amass 300 yards of offense 5 times this year. Twice they've surpassed that Mendoza line with 323 and 337 yards. We're 1-6 in those games. But yeah, let's talk about how Morris' defense has to go!!!

Last edited:

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
My only thought on Morris is I hope someone hires him away. Please some team make him their head coach. It's not that his defense is bad, it's that it's so hard to watch, it can drive you to insanity. No turnovers, little blitzing. It's so damn SOFT.

Tano

Legend
My only thought on Morris is I hope someone hires him away. Please some team make him their head coach. It's not that his defense is bad, it's that it's so hard to watch, it can drive you to insanity. No turnovers, little blitzing. It's so damn SOFT.
The thing that drives me bat shit crazy is when we have 3rd and 15 of longer and we give up so many yards with his soft zone on that play that they have a short 4 and 2 and 4 and 3.

And depending where they are on the field, the other team will go for it and Morris then plays 7 yards back on those plays and easily give up a first down.

Two back to back plays that are insane to think they will work when they haven't been working all year.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
FACT: Our offense has been unable to amass 300 yards of offense 5 times this year. Twice they've surpassed that Mendoza line with 323 and 337 yards. We're 1-6 in those games. But yeah, let's talk about how Morris' defense has to go!!!

the bend but don't break defense keeps the score down but it also wears out the defense by letting the other team get two or three first downs. this changes field position and if the offense comes out and does a three and out then fatigue start to set in. also if the bend but don't break gives up two three first downs then the offense comes in and has a turnover the other team is more than likely to at least get a field goal if not a td. not saying that the bend but don't break is bad but it has it disadvantages

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
the bend but don't break defense keeps the score down but it also wears out the defense by letting the other team get two or three first downs. this changes field position and if the offense comes out and does a three and out then fatigue start to set in. also if the bend but don't break gives up two three first downs then the offense comes in and has a turnover the other team is more than likely to at least get a field goal if not a td. not saying that the bend but don't break is bad but it has it disadvantages
The Rams D was top ten in 3 & outs before yesterday.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
The Rams D was top ten in 3 & outs before yesterday.
Two things. They get the first down before 3rd down so 3 and out rarely happens and only with really bad teams or they just go for it on 4th.

So by the numbers, yes they are top in 3 and outs because the ratio in which it happens is low.

^none of what I said is backed by stats but wouldn't surprise me if it was the case. :laugh1:

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Two things. They get the first down before 3rd down so 3 and out rarely happens and only with really bad teams or they just go for it on 4th.

So by the numbers, yes they are top in 3 and outs because the ratio in which it happens is low.

^none of what I said is backed by stats but wouldn't surprise me if it was the case. :laugh1:
Lol..
Three and out is a full possession measure.
Come back when you understand the stat.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as we are arguing here, you can bet that the Rams locker room is starting to grow apart as well. That's what happens when you lose.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
As much as we are arguing here, you can bet that the Rams locker room is starting to grow apart as well. That's what happens when you lose.
This is probably the truest statement in this thread unfortunately.