Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Three and out is a full possession measure.
Come back when you understand the stat.

i am a little confused as to what full possession means. does that mean that a team could get 2 or 3 first downs and then go 3 and out or does it mean they go three and out on the first possession ?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
i am a little confused as to what full possession means. does that mean that a team could get 2 or 3 first downs and then go 3 and out or does it mean they go three and out on the first possession ?
It means they get the ball.. and do not get a first down.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

View: https://twitter.com/bgrisakDTR/status/1592213626504769537?s=20&t=hDBGK0s3_reZmkedLSXDGw

But can they get stops when absolutely necessary? And yes, we all know that the offense gives them no help...baked into my question.

Playoff caliber defense. Get the fuck out of here Blaine. Goddamn I am tired of statistical sycophants that can't call a spade a spade.

Watching this team is like watching someone bleed out and die. Every game. Offense can't do shit because there is zero line. Defense is a get-right unit for any offense that is having struggles. It is a sickening combination. Every fucking QB looks good vs this scheme and that's bad in this league.

People are going to complain about Detroit getting a high pick due to our downfall but tbh I am looking forward to a high second round pick. Maybe just maybe a difference maker slides to us. I don't care what fucking position that difference maker plays either. Take the best player. Don't force a wideout because you all got together and drank 15 cups of coffee and the need drove self delusion. Whatever that best player plays take him.

For the rest of this season I'm done watching this team. Which sucks because like so many of you I have endured some really shit teams while watching every game over many seasons. But I am not interested in seeing a team lose the way this team loses. Way too painful think I'd rather have a fucking root canal then watch this shit show while McVay keeps handing the fucking ball to Henderson and making decisions like this defense can be counted on to make stops. Absolutely terrible. Might as well go for every fourth down because after we punt the fucking opponent is right back to the original LOS in about three plays anyway. So painful.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

View: https://twitter.com/bgrisakDTR/status/1592213626504769537?s=20&t=hDBGK0s3_reZmkedLSXDGw

But can they get stops when absolutely necessary? And yes, we all know that the offense gives them no help...baked into my question.

I've got to disagree with the Rams D being playoff caliber.

A Playoff Caliber defense doesn't let Brady go and score with under a minute left on the clock. I could add to this but we all saw it.
A playoff Caliber defense actually scores points. The Rams have Zero this season. Yeah that's right...zero.
A playoff Caliber defense will at least keep a team .500 no matter how bad your offense is.

This is a bend, and half of the time it breaks defense. There's really no excuse for the Rams defense not being top 3 against the run, pass, and points allowed with all the talent they have. The Rams are playing soft shells because they're under the illusion that they are 20 points up with 2 minutes left. That's my only explanation lol. :eyeroll:

Ellard80

Legend
I get the feeling Blaine Grisak hasnt watched 5 minutes of rams football.

The defense is at least decent compared to the absolute shit the offenes has been.

But the defense is far from anything that is being "Wasted" that shit actually made me laugh.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The defense is 6th in yards against and still top ten in points against

10 points given up yesterday came after Cards got the ball in FG range.

14 teams make the playoffs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how when the Rams went with desperation press coverage, Colt Flippin McCoy was able to beat it.
Alas, when the Rams defense was special, it single handedly beat the Cards and allowed some to have delusions that Wolford was somewhat decent.
That was then and this is now. This defense is not special.
Overachieving at times and underwhelming at others, but Morris is doing the best with what he has and he's the least of the Rams problems IMO

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

A Playoff Caliber defense doesn't let Brady go and score with under a minute left on the clock. I could add to this but we all saw it.
A playoff Caliber defense actually scores points. The Rams have Zero this season. Yeah that's right...zero.
A playoff Caliber defense will at least keep a team .500 no matter how bad your offense is.

This is a bend, and half of the time it breaks defense. There's really no excuse for the Rams defense not being top 3 against the run, pass, and points allowed with all the talent they have. The Rams are playing soft shells because they're under the illusion that they are 20 points up with 2 minutes left. That's my only explanation lol. :eyeroll:

But a good defense is made better with a good offense. Because of the injuries, we're seeing a Jeff Fisher like offense. The defense can keep you around but when you can't close out games, you're bound to lose.

We could have thrown for a game clinching first down against the bucs, but we ran it up the middle for no gain on third down. We should be able to trust Stafford to convert a 3rd and 5 to ice the game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Playoff caliber defense. Get the fuck out of here Blaine. Goddamn I am tired of statistical sycophants that can't call a spade a spade.

Watching this team is like watching someone bleed out and die. Every game. Offense can't do shit because there is zero line. Defense is a get-right unit for any offense that is having struggles. It is a sickening combination. Every fucking QB looks good vs this scheme and that's bad in this league.

People are going to complain about Detroit getting a high pick due to our downfall but tbh I am looking forward to a high second round pick. Maybe just maybe a difference maker slides to us. I don't care what fucking position that difference maker plays either. Take the best player. Don't force a wideout because you all got together and drank 15 cups of coffee and the need drove self delusion. Whatever that best player plays take him.

For the rest of this season I'm done watching this team. Which sucks because like so many of you I have endured some really shit teams while watching every game over many seasons. But I am not interested in seeing a team lose the way this team loses. Way too painful think I'd rather have a fucking root canal then watch this shit show while McVay keeps handing the fucking ball to Henderson and making decisions like this defense can be counted on to make stops. Absolutely terrible. Might as well go for every fourth down because after we punt the fucking opponent is right back to the original LOS in about three plays anyway. So painful.

LOVED IT!! Way to showy our true Blue & Gold.I hope I recorded this last game.Unfortunately I haven’t been able to right now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
But a good defense is made better with a good offense. Because of the injuries, we're seeing a Jeff Fisher like offense. The defense can keep you around but when you can't close out games, you're bound to lose.

We could have thrown for a game clinching first down against the bucs, but we ran it up the middle for no gain on third down. We should be able to trust Stafford to convert a 3rd and 5 to ice the game.

Kupp shouldn’t have slid. He should have went for it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
More of a masochist than I am. I turned it off at halftime. Rams had NO CHANCE after the first quarter.

Way to
Many WEAK RAM FANS!! Always has been.

LMAO at how FAIR WEATHER come out of the wood work.

Such lil Snow Flakes.

I enjoy watching player development & enjoyed last seasons Super Bowl run.

I will put blame on where I think it should go,but Sean Mcvay & Les Snead will figure it out.

Right now Les Snead has his hands full trying to figure out how to improve his roster.The biggest problem is he doesn’t have the assets to get much quality.A lot of peeling & prep to get through it all.

Tano

Legend
Since the playoffs are almost out of reach, why not try doing a press man defense and see if it works.

Can't be too much worse than what we are doing right now.

A loss by 3 points is just as much a loss as by 20 points.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Funny how when the Rams went with desperation press coverage, Colt Flippin McCoy was able to beat it.
Alas, when the Rams defense was special, it single handedly beat the Cards and allowed some to have delusions that Wolford was somewhat decent.
That was then and this is now. This defense is not special.
Overachieving at times and underwhelming at others, but Morris is doing the best with what he has and he's the least of the Rams problems IMO

If our offense was in gear, getting nearly 400 yards per game and scoring nearly 30 points per game, our defense would be quite stellar, IMO. But when you score only 10-17 points, you put a lot more stress on the defense because they nearly have to pitch a shutout just to give the team a chance to win.

My observation of how Staley and the Chargers played the whiners was correct. They played soft at times but pre-snap. they made it look like they were rushing 5 or 6 guys and it made Jimmy Crapollo have to make quick decisions which worked pretty well.

Also, (sorry, I didn't copy the link) I saw an article showing that Jimmy Crapollo is 10-2 when not throwing any TD passes, which means the team is winning despite having him, not winning because of him.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Question. Why does this thread go on and on? It's because none of us like this defense as it's coordinated by this coach. We all hate it. Hate it. That's why.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Question. Why does this thread go on and on? It's because none of us like this defense as it's coordinated by this coach. We all hate it. Hate it. That's why.Jalen Ramsey says you don’t know football.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Or

Or play soft zone so that he waltzes his team down field for a SB winning field goal? For the record, was that a playoff caliber defense?

They were gassed and had played well so it seems a bit out of order to blame the D for possibly the best player in NFL history doing what he does (even then he needed some luck)

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Personally I am sick to death of all the bitching. We will never win many games with the way the offense is playing, period. Luckily it’s fixable, just not this season by the look of the injury list

I only have one question, did the whole first team offense appear on the box of Madden this season? Talk about cursed!