Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody else notice that neither Eagles nor 49ers were playing D ANYTHING like the Morris ultra soft zone version?

Hmmmmm…

What to conclude?
You mean, like this?
EE3A26F3-86FF-45F8-AF7F-D781B80FDB27.jpeg

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I never for one moment though we had much of a chance against the good teams but at least we might have been competitive to make the playoffs if we beat the crappy teams like NO and Arizona (even TB was a crappy team being under 500)

That's 3 games we should have won imho.

And we should have beaten Seattle as well.

I would much rather go 9-8 and barely make the playoffs than be 3-9 with zero chance and basically watch the rest of the games just because you are a fan of the team.

And if we had a chance to make the playoffs who knows who might have gotten healthy to play.
And I'd think, if they were crappy teams, our offense could have scored more than 19.6 PPG vs N.Orl and Seattle twice. Hell, against Tampa we exploded for 13 points!!! Not gonna win many games in the NFL that way. Why? Because decent....not good....not great.....decent offenses score points! We played 1 team this year who scored less offensive TDs than we did. And we beat them 51-14.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
And I'd think, if they were crappy teams, our offense could have scored more than 19.6 PPG vs N.Orl and Seattle twice. Hell, against Tampa we exploded for 13 points!!! Not gonna win many games in the NFL that way. Why? Because decent....not good....not great.....decent offenses score points! We played 1 team this year who scored less offensive TDs than we did. And we beat them 51-14.
Yeah - that fact can’t be ignored. Our O looked more like 2014-16 than anything in the McVay era…

Tano

Legend
Oh our offense was totally crappy - no one is denying that

But to make Colt McCoy and Andy Dalton look like all-pros for one game - that is just unacceptable

And if you read my posts on TB in the vent thread, I stated that I completely agreed with Morris defense for 3 qtrs because he went somewhat aggressive in that game. However, in the 4th qtr, he went to soft zone shit before the red zone and Brady tore us apart in the 4th qtr

3 drives that went for more than 60 yards. But his decent red zone defense where we had a 13-9 lead and TB went for a TD instead of a FG saved us from the second drive from scoring.

I have always stated that his defense is really good in the red zone.

I just hate his soft zone shit before the red zone.

And what drives me crazy is that he knows how to play an aggressive defense but just did not have any confidence in his players to play aggressively. That is 100% why I want him gone. With Donald Ramsey and Wagner - you play aggressively so you can get more sacks and turnovers. If we give up a TD occasionally, I bet we get it back with good field position with 3 and outs and/or turnovers from our defense.

As I stated before

1 turnover in 8 games - unacceptable
2.3 seconds getting the pass off by the opposing QB in the first 8 games (.5 seconds faster than the next fastest team) - unacceptable
Hardly any sacks in the first 8 games (see item 2) - unacceptable

PARAM

Hall of Fame

But to make Colt McCoy and Andy Dalton look like all-pros for one game - that is just unacceptable

And if you read my posts on TB in the vent thread, I stated that I completely agreed with Morris defense for 3 qtrs because he went somewhat aggressive in that game. However, in the 4th qtr, he went to soft zone shit before the red zone and Brady tore us apart in the 4th qtr

3 drives that went for more than 60 yards. But his decent red zone defense where we had a 13-9 lead and TB went for a TD instead of a FG saved us from the second drive from scoring.

And what drives me crazy is that he knows how to play an aggressive defense but just did not have any confidence in his players to play aggressively. That is 100% why I want him gone. With Donald Ramsey and Wagner - you play aggressively so you can get more sacks and turnovers. If we give up a TD occasionally, I bet we get it back with good field position with 3 and outs and/or turnovers from our defense.

As I stated before

2.3 seconds getting the pass off by the opposing QB in the first 8 games (.5 seconds faster than the next fastest team) - unacceptable
In the Tampa game, where our defense lost the game for us, we had 8 three & outs, an 11 play FG drive, an 8 play TD drive, a 6 play FG drive and a 6 play drive that resulted in a punt. But I digrees. With 5:43 left in the game, after our seventh 3 and out, Tampa got the ball on their 41.....59 yards from the end zone. Morris employed his normal defense and they went 53 yards on 12 plays to turn it over on downs. There was 1:52 left in the game. IMHO, it WORKED!!!!! But our lame assed offense could only muster 6 yards on 3 plays while TB took 2 timeouts. 1 fucking first down after our stellar defensive stand is all we needed. 1. But we ran up the middle on 1st and 10 for 0 yards. Good call!!! Then a jet sweep to Kupp for 5. Then up the middle again for 1 yard. Our defense had spent 4 minutes of "clock time" on the field stopping them on their previous possession and succeeded. On a TEAM, it's then on the offense to win the game by not losing the game. They gave the defense a minute of clock time for a blow on the sidelines and TB the ball on their 41. Good job. So yeah, let's blame Morris because his dumb assed style of D doesn't work in a 3 point game.....except when it does and the offense screws the pooch!!!!

Tano

Legend
In the Tampa game, where our defense lost the game for us, we had 8 three & outs, an 11 play FG drive, an 8 play TD drive, a 6 play FG drive and a 6 play drive that resulted in a punt. But I digrees. With 5:43 left in the game, after our seventh 3 and out, Tampa got the ball on their 41.....59 yards from the end zone. Morris employed his normal defense and they went 53 yards on 12 plays to turn it over on downs. There was 1:52 left in the game. IMHO, it WORKED!!!!! But our lame assed offense could only muster 6 yards on 3 plays while TB took 2 timeouts. 1 fucking first down after our stellar defensive stand is all we needed. 1. But we ran up the middle on 1st and 10 for 0 yards. Good call!!! Then a jet sweep to Kupp for 5. Then up the middle again for 1 yard. Our defense had spent 4 minutes of "clock time" on the field stopping them on their previous possession and succeeded. On a TEAM, it's then on the offense to win the game by not losing the game. They gave the defense a minute of clock time for a blow on the sidelines and TB the ball on their 41. Good job. So yeah, let's blame Morris because his dumb assed style of D doesn't work in a 3 point game.....except when it does and the offense screws the pooch!!!!
Brady had 3 9 play drives in the 4th qtr with his crappy soft zone shit defense when in the first 3 quarters he was lucky to get a first down.

Note - they did NOT do a 3 and out in the 4th qtr - your statement is inaccurate. Let's get the facts straight

Why did he not play the same way in the 4th qtr when it was working in the first 3 quarters.

And don't tell me it's because he had a lead.

Sorry I just don't like that prevent a win defense with a lead starting in the 4th quarter. Never have. And with our offense - no just NO

You do that in the last two minutes when you have a double digit lead at worst.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Brady had 3 9 play drives in the 4th qtr with his crappy soft zone shit defense when in the first 3 quarters he was lucky to get a first down.

Note - they did NOT do a 3 and out in the 4th qtr - your statement is inaccurate. Let's get the facts straight

Why did he not play the same way in the 4th qtr when it was working in the first 3 quarters.

And don't tell me it's because he had a lead.

Sorry I just don't like that prevent a win defense with a lead starting in the 4th quarter. Never have. And with our offense - no just NO

You do that in the last two minutes when you have a double digit lead at worst.
Here's the 4th quarter possessions, not counting the TB drive that bled into the 4th quarter and ended with a punt. When the Bucs took over on that possession there were 0:09 seconds left in the third quarter with the Rams leading 13-6. They punted and the Rams did this:

Los Angeles Rams at 13:23
1-10-LA 20 (13:23) D.Henderson left guard to LA 21 for 1 yard (K.Neal).
2-9-LA 21 (12:38) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short right to C.Kupp to LA 19 for -2 yards (C.Davis).
3-11-LA 19 (11:53) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete deep right to V.Jefferson [G.Avery].
4-11-LA 19 (11:47) R.Dixon punts 52 yards to TB 29, Center-M.Orzech. J.Darden ran ob at TB 38 for 9 yards (J.Gervase).

That's a 4th quarter 3 and out.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 11:37
1-10-TB 38 (11:37) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to R.White to TB 40 for 2 yards (B.Wagner).
2-8-TB 40 (11:12) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to C.Otton to 50 for 10 yards (T.Rapp). P10
1-10-50 (10:49) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to M.Evans to LA 43 for 7 yards (N.Scott).
2-3-LA 43 (10:20) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to R.White to LA 44 for -1 yards (N.Scott).
3-4-LA 44 (9:54) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to C.Godwin to LA 37 for 7 yards (T.Rapp). P11
1-10-LA 37 (9:26) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left.
2-10-LA 37 (9:23) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to C.Godwin.
3-10-LA 37 (9:19) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to C.Otton to LA 28 for 9 yards (T.Rapp). PENALTY on TB-D.Smith, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at LA 37 - No Play.
3-20-LA 47 (9:05) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to L.Fournette to LA 32 for 15 yards (B.Wagner, J.Ramsey).
4-5-LA 32 (8:13) R.Succop 50 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-Z.Triner, Holder-J.Camarda. LA 13 TB 9, 9 plays, 30 yards, 3:30 drive, 6:53 elapsed

Los Angeles Rams at 8:07, (1st play from scrimmage 8:03)
1-10-LA 22 (8:03) C.Akers left guard to LA 20 for -2 yards (D.White, A.Nelson).
2-12-LA 20 (7:17) C.Kupp left end to LA 17 for -3 yards (L.David).
3-15-LA 17 (6:33) (Shotgun) M.Stafford sacked at LA 15 for -2 yards (G.Avery).
4-17-LA 15 (5:54) R.Dixon punts 55 yards to TB 30, Center-M.Orzech. J.Darden ran ob at TB 41 for 11 yards (B.Hopkins).

Here's the Tampa drive that Morris' D stopped:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 5:43 1-10-TB 41 (5:43)
(Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to S.Miller to TB 45 for 4 yards (T.Hill).
2-6-TB 45 (5:19) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to R.White to LA 49 for 6 yards (B.Wagner).
1-10-LA 49 (4:54) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to M.Evans.
2-10-LA 49 (4:51) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to S.Miller to LA 43 for 6 yards (T.Rapp; D.Long).
3-4-LA 43 (4:29) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to S.Miller to LA 34 for 9 yards (B.Wagner).
1-10-LA 34 (4:07) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to S.Miller pushed ob at LA 27 for 7 yards (D.Long).
2-3-LA 27 (4:02) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.White right guard to LA 26 for 1 yard (T.Hill).
3-2-LA 26 (3:35) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to C.Otton to LA 7 for 19 yards (D.Long).
1-7-LA 7 (2:50) C.Godwin right end to LA 6 for 1 yard (J.Hollins; T.Hill). Timeout #1 by TB at 02:06.
2-6-LA 6 (2:06) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to S.Miller [L.Floyd].
3-6-LA 6 (2:02) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to C.Otton (J.Ramsey). Two-Minute Warning
4-6-LA 6 (1:57) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to M.Evans (J.Ramsey).

And here's the Rams subsequent drive (the one that should have ended the game)
Los Angeles Rams at 1:52
1-10-LA 7 (1:52) T.Nsekhe reported in as eligible. D.Henderson up the middle to LA 7 for no gain (V.Vea). Timeout #2 by TB at 01:46.
2-10-LA 7 (1:46) C.Kupp right end to LA 12 for 5 yards (K.Neal). Timeout #3 by TB at 01:39.
3-5-LA 12 (1:39) D.Henderson up the middle to LA 13 for 1 yard (J.Tryon). Timeout #3 by LA at 00:54.
4-4-LA 13 ( 0:54) R.Dixon punts 47 yards to TB 40, Center-M.Orzech. J.Darden to TB 40 for no gain (R.Yeast).

Sure as hell looks like another 3 and out to me!!!

Then Tampa went down and scored. So the D held them to FG on 3 drives in the 4th quarter and one the 4th drive (after three and outs by the Rams offense) they won the game.

"It" worked 3 times in the 4th quarter. How many times can a D stop the GOAT???? Dude all we needed was either a FG on one of those first two 3 and outs or just a first down on the last one. The game is OVER>

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Here's the 4th quarter possessions, not counting the TB drive that bled into the 4th quarter and ended with a punt.

Los Angeles Rams at 13:23
1-10-LA 20 (13:23) D.Henderson left guard to LA 21 for 1 yard (K.Neal).
2-9-LA 21 (12:38) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short right to C.Kupp to LA 19 for -2 yards (C.Davis).
3-11-LA 19 (11:53) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete deep right to V.Jefferson [G.Avery].
4-11-LA 19 (11:47) R.Dixon punts 52 yards to TB 29, Center-M.Orzech. J.Darden ran ob at TB 38 for 9 yards (J.Gervase).

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 11:37
1-10-TB 38 (11:37) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to R.White to TB 40 for 2 yards (B.Wagner).
2-8-TB 40 (11:12) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to C.Otton to 50 for 10 yards (T.Rapp). P10
1-10-50 (10:49) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to M.Evans to LA 43 for 7 yards (N.Scott).
2-3-LA 43 (10:20) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to R.White to LA 44 for -1 yards (N.Scott).
3-4-LA 44 (9:54) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to C.Godwin to LA 37 for 7 yards (T.Rapp). P11
1-10-LA 37 (9:26) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left.
2-10-LA 37 (9:23) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to C.Godwin.
3-10-LA 37 (9:19) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to C.Otton to LA 28 for 9 yards (T.Rapp). PENALTY on TB-D.Smith, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at LA 37 - No Play.
3-20-LA 47 (9:05) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to L.Fournette to LA 32 for 15 yards (B.Wagner, J.Ramsey).
4-5-LA 32 (8:13) R.Succop 50 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-Z.Triner, Holder-J.Camarda. LA 13 TB 9, 9 plays, 30 yards, 3:30 drive, 6:53 elapsed

Los Angeles Rams at 8:07, (1st play from scrimmage 8:03)
1-10-LA 22 (8:03) C.Akers left guard to LA 20 for -2 yards (D.White, A.Nelson).
2-12-LA 20 (7:17) C.Kupp left end to LA 17 for -3 yards (L.David).
3-15-LA 17 (6:33) (Shotgun) M.Stafford sacked at LA 15 for -2 yards (G.Avery).
4-17-LA 15 (5:54) R.Dixon punts 55 yards to TB 30, Center-M.Orzech. J.Darden ran ob at TB 41 for 11 yards (B.Hopkins).

Here's the Tampa drive that Morris' D stopped:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 5:43 1-10-TB 41 (5:43)
(Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to S.Miller to TB 45 for 4 yards (T.Hill).
2-6-TB 45 (5:19) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to R.White to LA 49 for 6 yards (B.Wagner).
1-10-LA 49 (4:54) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to M.Evans.
2-10-LA 49 (4:51) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to S.Miller to LA 43 for 6 yards (T.Rapp; D.Long).
3-4-LA 43 (4:29) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to S.Miller to LA 34 for 9 yards (B.Wagner).
1-10-LA 34 (4:07) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to S.Miller pushed ob at LA 27 for 7 yards (D.Long).
2-3-LA 27 (4:02) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.White right guard to LA 26 for 1 yard (T.Hill).
3-2-LA 26 (3:35) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to C.Otton to LA 7 for 19 yards (D.Long).
1-7-LA 7 (2:50) C.Godwin right end to LA 6 for 1 yard (J.Hollins; T.Hill). Timeout #1 by TB at 02:06.
2-6-LA 6 (2:06) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to S.Miller [L.Floyd].
3-6-LA 6 (2:02) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to C.Otton (J.Ramsey). Two-Minute Warning
4-6-LA 6 (1:57) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to M.Evans (J.Ramsey).

And here's the Rams subsequent drive (the one that should have ended the game)
Los Angeles Rams at 1:52
1-10-LA 7 (1:52) T.Nsekhe reported in as eligible. D.Henderson up the middle to LA 7 for no gain (V.Vea). Timeout #2 by TB at 01:46.
2-10-LA 7 (1:46) C.Kupp right end to LA 12 for 5 yards (K.Neal). Timeout #3 by TB at 01:39.
3-5-LA 12 (1:39) D.Henderson up the middle to LA 13 for 1 yard (J.Tryon). Timeout #3 by LA at 00:54.
4-4-LA 13 :)54) R.Dixon punts 47 yards to TB 40, Center-M.Orzech. J.Darden to TB 40 for no gain (R.Yeast).

Sure as hell looks like a 3 and out to me!!!

Then Tampa went down and scored. So the D held them to FG on 3 drives in the 4th quarter and one the 4th drive (after three and outs by the Rams offense) they won the game.

"It" worked 3 times in the 4th quarter. How many times can a D stop the GOAT???? Dude all we needed was either a FG on one of those first two 3 and outs or just a first down on the last one. The game is OVER>
I was entirely talking about TBs drives. I don't care one fricken bit about the offense drives in the 4th qtr.

We know. They sucked.

But this was one game where Morris defense in the first 3 quarters was saving the Rams ass on the offensive side by basically limiting Brady to 3 and outs the entire game and then he dropped the aggressive play and went soft zone shit even though they only had a 13-6 lead.

WHY?

His defense was working in the first 3 quarters. Why change?

Then after that game I was hoping that Morris learned his lesson from having an aggressive defense in the first 3 quarters and a soft zone shit defense in the 4th qtr screwing everything up that he had done in the first 3 quarters.

Nope - he went back to the soft zone shit after that and we got destroyed by crappy QBs in the next few games.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I was entirely talking about TBs drives. I don't care one fricken bit about the offense drives in the 4th qtr.

We know. They sucked.

But this was one game where Morris defense in the first 3 quarters was saving the Rams ass on the offensive side by basically limiting Brady to 3 and outs the entire game and then he dropped the aggressive play and went soft zone shit even though they only had a 13-6 lead.

WHY?

His defense was working in the first 3 quarters. Why change?

Then after that game I was hoping that Morris learned his lesson from having an aggressive defense in the first 3 quarters and a soft zone shit defense in the 4th qtr screwing everything up that he had done in the first 3 quarters.

Nope - he went back to the soft zone shit after that and we got destroyed by crappy QBs in the next few games.
I think you need to rewatch the game. This game the D played excellent. You don't care about the offensive drives in the 4th quarter? Sure they sucked but all they needed was 1, uno, first down to win the game. You said so yourself "the D in the first 3 quarters was saving the Rams ass on the offensive side"......take it a step further. They continued in the 4th quarter too allowing a measly 3 points on 3 drives but got NO rest from the offense. They're grown assed men....some pretty heavy......who exert a lot of energy doing what they do......they probably didn't have enough energy to play anything but soft with the miniscule amount of help the offense gave them....3 three and outs in a row....at the end of the game......you don't think that screwed the D?

NO you don't. Morris fucked us in that game!!!! Okay......

When the Rams stopped them on 4th down after 12 plays, 53 yards and 4 minutes of clock time the game was ours. If, if, if we could manage 1 first down. One. Yeah, who can we blame? Hmmmm. McVay? No. Stafford? No? The OL? Sure. But the real problem was Morris!!! That's it. Blame Morris!!!

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I think you need to rewatch the game. This game the D played excellent. You don't care about the offensive drives in the 4th quarter? Sure they sucked but all they needed was 1, uno, first down to win the game. You said so yourself "the D in the first 3 quarters was saving the Rams ass on the offensive side"......take it a step further. They continued in the 4th quarter too allowing a measly 3 points on 3 drives but got NO rest from the offense. They're grown assed men....some pretty heavy......who exert a lot of energy doing what they do......they probably didn't have enough energy to play anything but soft with the miniscule amount of help the offense gave them....3 three and outs in a row....at the end of the game......you don't think that screwed the D?

NO you don't. Morris fucked us in that game!!!! Okay......

When the Rams stopped them on 4th down after 12 plays, 53 yards and 4 minutes of clock time the game was ours. If, if, if we could manage 1 first down. One. Yeah, who can we blame? Hmmmm. McVay? No. Stafford? No? The OL? Sure. But the real problem was Morris!!! That's it. Blame Morris!!!
Really going to bring out they had no rest from the offense - wow

That whole game the Rams did well on the TOP until the 4th qtr ex.

I have seen teams go for 10 minute drives before and that is basically how much time the Rams gave TB in the 4th qtr.

Maybe if they had gone aggressive still on the 1st drive in the 4th qtr - the TOP would have been more even.

No Morris let that game get away from him in the 4th qtr.

If he continued to play aggressive - we win that game.

I will say - he had the game won for us thru 3 quarters. But he lost it in the 4th with a 7 point lead.

Giving up 10 points with a 7 point lead in the 4th qtr loses it for me especially since TB had to go 60 yards with 0 TOs and less than a minute to get a TD to win that game. A FG wouldn't even have tied it.

All they had to do was keep the players in the middle and the Rams win that game.

But he gave up easy outside passes to go out of bounds on that last drive and lost that game.

Edit - I should say that if not for TBs first drive in the game where Morris played soft - LA tied TB in TOP

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Really going to bring out they had no rest from the offense - wow

That whole game the Rams did well on the TOP until the 4th qtr ex.

I have seen teams go for 10 minute drives before and that is basically how much time the Rams gave TB in the 4th qtr.

Maybe if they had gone aggressive still on the 1st drive in the 4th qtr - the TOP would have been more even.

I will say - he had the game won for us thru 3 quarters. But he lost it in the 4th with a 7 point lead.

Giving up 10 points with a 7 point lead in the 4th qtr loses it for me especially since TB had to go 60 yards with 0 TOs and less than a minute to get a TD to win that game. A FG wouldn't even have tied it.

All they had to do was keep the players in the middle and the Rams win that game.

But he gave up easy outside passes to go out of bounds on that last drive and lost that game.
So the Rams "won the TOP" the first 3 quarters. By a whopping 1:34. Awesome! And what did they do with that? They scored less than a point and a half a possession!! Then shat the bed in the 4th giving up the ball 3 times straight on 3 and outs. Good thing the defense rested 1:34 more than Tampa's D!!! Hey I get it. You hate Morris' style. I ain't crazy about it but then I know we won the SB with it last year and I ain't looking for a scapegoat......outside of a avalanche of offensive injuries. Fans are pissed because we didn't go 7-10? Oh my god!!! 7-10, 6-11....that sucks too. But we have a better draft slot than those two sucky finishes. So the way I look at it is this, for me it was a bad year. For you, it was Morris. Did you blame Wade Phillips for those 13 points in SB53 too?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

As I stated before

I would just leave it where it's at bro. I actually agree with you. Too many people are too black and white regarding this even though you are admitting the offense sucked but the defense sucked situationally at times too. Both can and are true but for some reason some folks are going to defend one side vs the other to the end of time. The offense definitely needs to improve by more than the D, but the D needs to be played and called better when the situation calls for it too. I'll end my comment by saying it is a TEAM game after all.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Okay, what do you call aggressive? Pressing how many receivers?

Through the first 12 Tampa possessions there were 3 drives when the Rams played press more than once. And they never pressed more than 1 guy (except for once). It was usually Evans with Ramsey. They pressed 2 guys once, on the first possession Tampa had. Otherwise this is how it shook out. Press (1 man) 12 times (including on the final drive once). Press (2 men) once. Off coverage 69 times. Those totals are for all plays including those negated by penalty. You said he should have "stayed aggressive". Tell me when they were "aggressive"?

On your advice "all they had to do was keep the players in the middle of the field and the Rams win that game", the first play of the final drive was 28 yard pass to the TE in the seam to the Rams 32. :wow2:You're angry, I get it. But you don't remember a game from week 9 and that's obvious.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I would just leave it where it's at bro. I actually agree with you. Too many people are too black and white regarding this even though you are admitting the offense sucked but the defense sucked situationally at times too. Both can and are true but for some reason some folks are going to defend one side vs the other to the end of time. The offense definitely needs to improve by more than the D, but the D needs to be played and called better when the situation calls for it too. I'll end my comment by saying it is a TEAM game after all.
You are 100% correct. It is a team game. And when 1/2 of the team shits the bed all game, it's a wise thing not to blame the side that did it once. The offense had 1 good drive. The defense had 1 bad drive. Here's a question. If our offense scores 51 TDs like they did last year (26 PPG) instead of 31 (17 PPG), what's our 2022 record? Better than 7-10? Better than 9-8? 10-7?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You are 100% correct. It is a team game. And when 1/2 of the team shits the bed all game, it's a wise thing not to blame the side that did it once. The offense had 1 good drive. The defense had 1 bad drive. Here's a question. If our offense scores 51 TDs like they did last year (26 PPG) instead of 35, what's our 2022 record?
When one part of the team falters, the other part has to pick up the slack unfortunately not matter how unfair it seems. Both sides let each other down at various moments this season. More often it was the offense, but the defense lost some games as well by surrendering late leads. At this rate, the season is over so honestly you are arguing over spilt milk. Everyone needs to take a breath and we need to hope our Rams figure out how to iron out all the kinks that they can from this past year so we can make a SB run next year. By the way I'll add that I will never hate on the passion any of y'all have cuz at least we all can agree we just want to win even if I think some of y'all can get crazy at times, but hey I can be too hahahaha

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It still amazes me how people try to defend that last drive against Tampa. Brady didn't do anything spacial, he just took what Morris gave him. Which was 60 yards in 40 seconds with no time outs. Btw, a bucs wr dropped a simple td pass the drive before that. That is, the bucs were shit all game and the Rams handed them the game on that last drive.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I like Raheem.... We won a Super Bowl with him as our DC. I'm hoping he gets the Colts HC job. I want us to go in a different direction on Defense. We should be playing a more aggressive scheme. IF Morris does leave I'd want us to look at Eric Henderson as our DC. He's been a solid D-Line coach and he's earned his chance. Either Henderson or even bringing back Ejiro Evero as the DC. I'm assuming Payton is going to bring in another DC with Denver so Evero would be available..and hopefully keep Henderson.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm filling out an early Christmas list that Morris is our DC again next year to sit and read this thread with popcorn for another year. Nothing could be a greater gift :D