Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm pissed that Fangio is off the table. Shit never lines up with that dude.

Tano

Legend
.Hmmm.. Maybe my memory has failed but... didn't the offense just hand it right back over to the Bucs for that drive?
And I have seen the offense do that a billion times before where they are 3 and out trying to run time out.

And I have seen the defense come to the rescue and save the game in years past.

Not this year.

Tano

Legend
Yup. He's being held accountable for running the same D he ran last year. Whatta BUM!! The complaints were there last year also but that was kinda silly.

I equate the Morris complaints to the draft complaints. "Gotta take OL early and often!!!" What idiots!!! Yeah, all the way to 2 SBs in 6 years with a Lombardi.
And there is the insults when someone is being overwhelmed on their comments.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Anybody else notice that neither Eagles nor 49ers were playing D ANYTHING like the Morris ultra soft zone version?

Hmmmmm…

What to conclude?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Anybody else notice that neither Eagles nor 49ers were playing D ANYTHING like the Morris ultra soft zone version?

Hmmmmm…

What to conclude?
It's not a winning formula to play soft zone shit. Man up and hit someone in the damn mouth. Beat the Offense, don't let them bend you as far as you can while hoping not to break. Just beat them down from the start.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
And there is the insults when someone is being overwhelmed on their comments.
Excuse me? Who TF did I insult?

Unless you thought I was calling fans idiots, which I wasn't.

"Rams need OL early and often"
They didn't. (didn't everybody know that?) What idiots (as in Rams brass)

As far as 'overwhelmed'? Hardly.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It's not a winning formula to play soft zone shit. Man up and hit someone in the damn mouth. Beat the Offense, don't let them bend you as far as you can while hoping not to break. Just beat them down from the start.

You know, 99% of the problem I have with Morris would be solved if he just ditched that shit and stopped allowing opposing QBs - even shit ones - a bunch of gimme passes. None of the teams in the championship games do that shit, so I don't know why we do it so damned much, but 's ridiculous and a losing formula.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
You know, 99% of the problem I have with Morris would be solved if he just ditched that shit and stopped allowing opposing QBs - even shit ones - a bunch of gimme passes. None of the teams in the championship games do that shit, so I don't know why we do it so damned much, but 's ridiculous and a losing formula.
That's EXACTLY how I feel. Get tired of being soft as hell. Go hit em in the mouth!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wup wup wup wup . Yeah!!

Whatever? I’ll just see what happens after all the dust settles before getting excited & talking crap about Ram coaches.

Staley on the other hand glad he got eliminated.Now the 9ers.

oldnotdead

Legend
I'm pissed at Irsay, the loser Ahole. This is what happens when you have a stupid owner who doesn't keep his hands off. And now he's on the verge of alienating his fanbase....who the hell does Irsay think buy the tickets. Their season ticket sales will tank with Saturday at HC. A high school HC running an NFL team? Are you joking? Someone in his family needs to back him down. Saturday is too stupid to understand he's in over his head. 1-7 last season so he's all hyped up because he won once! WOW That equates to a 2 win season.

The Colts are the only hope of getting rid of Morris. I sincerely doubt McVay will fire his buddy after he talked him up for a whole year. So the message to the team is mediocre is only good for Raheem. If he gets fired it will come from Snead not Sean.

Tano

Legend
Excuse me? Who TF did I insult?

Unless you thought I was calling fans idiots, which I wasn't.

"Rams need OL early and often"
They didn't. (didn't everybody know that?) What idiots (as in Rams brass)

As far as 'overwhelmed'? Hardly.
The way you wrote it I got the impression you were insulting us Rams fans who are against Morris and also would like OL drafted a little bit more often.

If I misread, I apologize.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The way you wrote it I got the impression you were insulting us Rams fans who are against Morris and also would like OL drafted a little bit more often.

If I misread, I apologize.
I should have phrased it better.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Hmmmmm…

What to conclude?

The soft zone is ok when you're late in the 4th quarter up 31-10. But it kills us against the whiners because they're willing to take 4-5-6 yards on every play and complete 18 play drives with a TD.

The thing that drives me up the wall is to have a great play on 1st down like a tackle in the backfield for a loss so now it's 2nd and 13. Then we play soft zone. Most teams will gladly throw it underneath for an easy 6-8 yards making it 3rd and a manageable 5 yards to go.

I think Morris stepped it up during last year's playoff run but aside from that, we get the soft zone.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It can also work when you have a 6 point lead late. See Detroits/Rams 2021

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That's really a bad example

Detroit was shit up to that point
"they were 0-6" (they were shit)
Detroit was 0-6 so yeah the were not winning.
They are an NFL team, who went 3-13-1 last year, losing 5 games by 4 pts or less. They have big, fast talented players who get paid too.

How about the Colts? Or Seattle?
It worked against the Colts in week 2 when we took a 3 pt lead with just under 3 minutes left.
It worked vs Seattle when after 3 quarters we were tied at 10 each. 10-0 in the 4th.
"but that doesn't work against good teams"

How about SF and Cincinnati in the postseason?
"that was 2021.....and we had the most interesting man in the world, Von Miller, who can join any team destined for the postseason and make them a Superbowl team!"

There's an answer for every example. Bottom line is, it's the NFL. Sometimes you get it done. Sometimes the opponent does.

This year we had few leads to protect. But that wasn't on the D. That was an inept, anemic offense. For reasons we've discussed ad nauseum. But the frustration of a 5-12 record gives us plenty of things to bitch about. So we start with.......

The D. "that fookin Morris sucks!!!"
The draft. "Bruss was supposed to be a starter and he couldn't earn the job in preseason, then was injured"
The OL. "Never should have depended on guys who were previously injured"
The depth. "We had nobody behind those guys.....uh, after backups Anchrum and Jackson"
The decisions. "How could they play Kendricks over Durant?"
The uniforms. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

We were 5-12, somebody has to pay!! We need a defense that's aggressive and pressures the opponents offense!! Just look at SF!!

Yeah, how'd that work out? Without an offense, that D looked pretty 'normal'. 8 guys up front, the RB gets through a hole and he's gone. 6 times!! It results in a 21-7 deficit with no chance of coming back without a QB and offense.

It's all about the offense in the NFL. And if you have a good one, a D that requires the opponent to matriculate the ball downfield without a mistake or turnover is the perfect compliment to a good offense.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
They are an NFL team, who went 3-13-1 last year, losing 5 games by 4 pts or less. They have big, fast talented players who get paid too.

It worked against the Colts in week 2 when we took a 3 pt lead with just under 3 minutes left.
It worked vs Seattle when after 3 quarters we were tied at 10 each. 10-0 in the 4th.

"that was 2021.....and we had the most interesting man in the world, Von Miller, who can join any team destined for the postseason and make them a Superbowl team!"

There's an answer for every example. Bottom line is, it's the NFL. Sometimes you get it done. Sometimes the opponent does.

This year we had few leads to protect. But that wasn't on the D. That was an inept, anemic offense. For reasons we've discussed ad nauseum. But the frustration of a 5-12 record gives us plenty of things to bitch about. So we start with.......

The draft. "Bruss was supposed to be a starter and he couldn't earn the job in preseason, then was injured"
The depth. "We had nobody behind those guys.....uh, after backups Anchrum and Jackson"

We were 5-12, somebody has to pay!! We need a defense that's aggressive and pressures the opponents offense!! Just look at SF!!

Yeah, how'd that work out? Without an offense, that D looked pretty 'normal'. 8 guys up front, the RB gets through a hole and he's gone. 6 times!! It results in a 21-7 deficit with no chance of coming back without a QB and offense.

It's all about the offense in the NFL. And if you have a good one, a D that requires the opponent to matriculate the ball downfield without a mistake or turnover is the perfect compliment to a good offense.
I never for one moment though we had much of a chance against the good teams but at least we might have been competitive to make the playoffs if we beat the crappy teams like NO and Arizona (even TB was a crappy team being under 500)

That's 3 games we should have won imho.

And we should have beaten Seattle as well.

I would much rather go 9-8 and barely make the playoffs than be 3-9 with zero chance and basically watch the rest of the games just because you are a fan of the team.

And if we had a chance to make the playoffs who knows who might have gotten healthy to play.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

if morris comes back i think i will only watch the offense next season. can't handle another season of making back up qbs look like hofers. they even made that old fuck brady look good on the last drive of the game. disgusting.

if mcvay doesn't get his head out of his arse and the offense looks as pitiful as it did this season i guess i won't be watching any part of any games.

But you'll still post, right?

...cuz, you know...legs and stuff

Tano

Legend

Oh one other thing

I am worried about you having a heart attack

You really need to calm down a bit