Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Okay, what do you call aggressive? Pressing how many receivers?

Through the first 12 Tampa possessions there were 3 drives when the Rams played press more than once. And they never pressed more than 1 guy (except for once). It was usually Evans with Ramsey. They pressed 2 guys once, on the first possession Tampa had. Otherwise this is how it shook out. Press (1 man) 12 times (including on the final drive once). Press (2 men) once. Off coverage 69 times. Those totals are for all plays including those negated by penalty. You said he should have "stayed aggressive". Tell me when they were "aggressive"?

On your advice "all they had to do was keep the players in the middle of the field and the Rams win that game", the first play of the final drive was 28 yard pass to the TE in the seam to the Rams 32. :wow2:You're angry, I get it. But you don't remember a game from week 9 and that's obvious.
I remember that game extremely well. That first pass to Otten was bad but if we kept them in the middle on the next few plays Brady might have had 1 play from the 20 yard line to get a TD. Much easier than getting a couple passes inside the 10.

And I should probably restate something I said after the Tampa game. This is on me because I wasn't clear in this thread.

I stated I liked the fact that Ramsey was within 5 yards of Evans on quite a few plays which was opposite of how Ramsey played in other games. That is about as aggressive as Morris gets and it works the majority of the time.

I have always stated I like a mixture of aggressive vs passive - don't let the QB know what you are going to do.

But on the final 3 drives, I do not recall Ramsey once playing man against Evans and definitely not on that last drive.

Tano

Legend
I would just leave it where it's at bro. I actually agree with you. Too many people are too black and white regarding this even though you are admitting the offense sucked but the defense sucked situationally at times too. Both can and are true but for some reason some folks are going to defend one side vs the other to the end of time. The offense definitely needs to improve by more than the D, but the D needs to be played and called better when the situation calls for it too. I'll end my comment by saying it is a TEAM game after all.
Yeah I completely agree with you on this.

I have always stated our offense was 80% of the problem and the other 20% is split between special teams and defense.

I just felt there were a couple games we could have won if we played differently on defense against a couple teams and a couple series in the other two games we lost. That's 4 games I felt we could have won even though the offense sucked in all 4 games.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
We won almost as many games as we deserved to win (we deserved the finale if not for 4 bad calls/non calls). And the OVERWHELMING amount of our losses falls on the offense. In fact any negative impact from our defense is so negligable, it's almost not worth discussing. But of course, since part of being a passionate fan is complaining when things don't go well, and things certainly didn't gp well in 2022, it will be cited as an issue. It's all good. Vent.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
3F1BCB9B-932C-478B-950F-93E296E0F893.jpeg

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
We won almost as many games as we deserved to win (we deserved the finale if not for 4 bad calls/non calls). And the OVERWHELMING amount of our losses falls on the offense. In fact any negative impact from our defense is so negligable, it's almost not worth discussing. But of course, since part of being a passionate fan is complaining when things don't go well, and things certainly didn't gp well in 2022, it will be cited as an issue. It's all good. Vent.
Ok. You want Morris to continue to be the Rams DC. Your happy wit him and the D.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sigh - Morris - get rid of your soft zone defense on 90% of the plays and make it more like 70% and I would like you as a DC

And you know, that's the elephant in the room. I'd really like one of Raheem's defenders to explain why playing your DBs 10 yards back on 3rd and 3 is a sound strategy. Why is giving up easy completions and easy 3rd down conversions something our D should accept?

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think Morris gets a little more blame than deserved but I hope he gets a HC job so we can get more comp picks. Also I think Ramsey will improve in a different system. I am hoping for an improved pass rush and more press man coverage.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Ok. You want Morris to continue to be the Rams DC. Your happy wit him and the D.
Never said that. I'm ambivalent. If he stays, his D will be fine provided we find our offense. If he gets a HC gig, our D will be fine, provided we find our offense. Mainly because McVays Rams success is not based on defense. It's based on scoring. I'm with KA210927.....comp picks are nice and we could certainly use an extra 3rd rounder this year. And the 2022 whipping boy will be elsewhere.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams lost 12 games with Raheem Morris, they can lose 12 games without him.
Well,let’s hope we don’t find out.

What I would say is The Rams did just fine last season. They weren’t focused on winning as much as they could have been.
IMO the ship just sank.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well,let’s hope we don’t find out.

What I would say is The Rams did just fine last season. They weren’t focused on winning as much as they could have been.
IMO the ship just sank.
I was having some fun stealing a Branch Rickey quote about Ralph Kiner. I believe Morris is a fine coach and an astute leader of men. If he comes back, I'm good with that too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams won a Super Bowl with Morris, can they win one without him?
So what exactly are you saying? The Rams have already won Superbowls without him. To think the answer is NO would be crazy. The question first has to be asked what Raheem Morris’s cutis with The Rams. Or am I missing something.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Last edited:

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

Colts need to hire a head coach and stop holding Rams hostage​

When will the Colts hire their head coach?

Forget it Jake, it's the Colts...