Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Made a 50 yard field goal to boot. Not like they when on some long drive. Got the ball at their own 40, didnt have far to go in order to get in to field goal range
Well I did say special teams had a hand in TB getting the ball back with decent field position where Dixon outkicked the coverage.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One would think that after Cooper Kupp, Sean McVay, and Jalen Ramsey all called out the offense, this discussion would have ended by now.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Jerry Tillery I'd love to claim this dude and give him a shot next to AD. Outright cut by the chargers

Tano

Legend
One would think that after Cooper Kupp, Sean McVay, and Jalen Ramsey all called out the offense, this discussion would have ended by now.
Not one person is saying the offense isn't shit. It is.

But when you have just one more drive to go in the last 40 seconds with no time-outs and the odds are .1% of the other team winning and then Morris makes the calls he did, then you are going to get really upset people. No way in hell should we have lost that game except to a Hail Mary pass (and how many times does that happen).

Tano

Legend
And if we had lost to a Hail Mary pass, then I would put the blame 100% on the offense and said the defense did their job but got unlucky on one pass play.

Tano

Legend

I have stated many times Morris is doing a very good job this year but sometimes he does dumbass things that just go beyond belief in my opinion. It's like - what were you thinking on those plays/drives.

The 4th quarter defense and explicitly the last drive was some dumbass shit. You don't go into 100% soft zone shit when leading by only 7 points when in the first 3 quarters you limit TB to two drives that go over 20 yards by mixing up soft zone and press. I will look at this game and show the ratios of soft zone and press in the first 3 quarters and then compare them to the 4th quarter drives this weekend.

oldnotdead

Legend
YAWN....RAH RAH RAH...WTF JUST PLAY PREVENT ALL GAME LONG!!! WHAT A DEFENSIVE GENIUS!!!!

YEAH BLAME THE OFFENSE FOR GIVING UP THAT LAST DRIVE!!!

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Jalen is smart and seasoned enough to play up on his man if he wants to. He can make up for the shitty prevent defense that gets played out on the field. Plus, he gets to be featured in the star packages.

The younger dudes are the ones getting torn apart.

Tano

Legend
Let me give a different scenario on just how bad the last drive was

Your offense has played a very good game and scored 28 points and the defense has given up 20.

Less than 3 minutes to go and the other team has run out of time outs

You are at the opponents 25 yard line and on 3rd down and 8 or so if you run a play straight up the middle and then run down the clock to around 2 minutes, you can kick approximately a 42 yard field goal which your placekicker has been making all year. You will be up 11 points and basically the game is over because the other team probably will take awhile to go down the field thereby running out of time and having to do an onside kick which was almost impossible that year.

However you decide to do a pass play, the OL commits a holding call and the next play the QB gets sacked putting them out of FG range. That was basically a dumbshit call on the OC's part. And they ended up losing the game due to that playcall

Sound familiar - that OC is still a very good offensive play caller but that was a dumbshit call and cannot be defended.

Same thing with Morris - he can call a really good game for 3 and 3/4 quarters and end up doing stupid shit in the last drive to allow the other team to win the game. The calls cannot be defended.

Tano

Legend
YAWN....RAH RAH RAH...WTF JUST PLAY PREVENT ALL GAME LONG!!! WHAT A DEFENSIVE GENIUS!!!!

YEAH BLAME THE OFFENSE FOR GIVING UP THAT LAST DRIVE!!!
Well he does do extremely well in the red zone - I give him a lot of credit for that.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One fun part of the Jalen stuff is how many times *on this thread* that posters suggested Jalen was mad at Rah and the scheme because Jalen was upset on the sideline. Lol