Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I’d be frustrated too about how many times we gotta bail out the Offense every game. Prove me wrong this week score 20+ against the Cards.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They scored 56 points total in the 5 losses. 11 points a game.
But yeah, lets whine about Morris D and discredit what Jalen says.
Good grief

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They scored 56 points total in the 5 losses. 11 points a game.
But yeah, lets whine about Morris D and discredit what Jalen says.
Good grief
I'll just start using Jalens words for the Rah doubters since it seems to be ok on this board to insult Ramsey and Morris.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Lol, some of y'all crack me up on how much you're willing to solely blame one part of the team. Morris did an awesome job with the defense last game..... until the last drive. The offense definitely deserves the majority of the blame no doubt because if they did more, then yes we would have won. However, the reality is they didn't so we needed the defense to step up to save their sorry asses but hey, that's why it's a team effort every game. The defense choked away that last drive, but regardless of the circumstances, they still had a shot of getting us the win. As a result, they are not blameless at all. They made it way too easy to score. I'll even add that even if they pulled out the win, the offensive of showing deserves to be shitted on and changed regardless since that unit is our major issue on why getting wins has been a pain in the ass. My hope is that the offense can get something going to help alleviate the pressure of the defense having the play damn near flawless. Hopefully I'm not boxed in as just shitting on the defense and hating on Morris because I am not. I simply disagree with his end game approach scheme wise. Offense needs more work hands down as they are historically bad.

Tano

Legend
Well so far in the first half, when the Rams played press or modified press (where only 3 guys are playing 7 yards further or back), the Rams DL pressured Brady and he had to throw it away.

When they played soft zone and Brady passed the ball, he got easy yards and would have had first downs on 3rd and 7 or longer except for drops and holding calls.

Tano

Legend
Lol, some of y'all crack me up on how much you're willing to solely blame one part of the team. Morris did an awesome job with the defense last game..... until the last drive. The offense definitely deserves the majority of the blame no doubt because if they did more, then yes we would have won. However, the reality is they didn't so we needed the defense to step up to save their sorry asses but hey, that's why it's a team effort every game. The defense choked away that last drive, but regardless of the circumstances, they still had a shot of getting us the win. As a result, they are not blameless at all. They made it way too easy to score. I'll even add that even if they pulled out the win, the offensive of showing deserves to be shitted on and changed regardless since that unit is our major issue on why getting wins has been a pain in the ass. My hope is that the offense can get something going to help alleviate the pressure of the defense having the play damn near flawless. Hopefully I'm not boxed in as just shitting on the defense and hating on Morris because I am not. I simply disagree with his end game approach scheme wise. Offense needs more work hands down as they are historically bad.
Completely agree with you on all points. I already stated I blame the offense for 95% of this loss but we could have still won it if not one of the worst prevent defenses ever implemented on the last drive. As I have already stated, you don't lose on a drive where you are ahead by 4 and the other team has the ball at their 40 and needs a TD with 40 plus seconds to go.

At worst, the only way we lose is on a hail mary and then I would have said - yep we didn't deserve to win.

Tano

Legend
Yep I was right

The Rams defense played a mixture of soft and press in the first 3 quarters and then went 100% soft zone in the 4th qtr

They would even play 7 to 10 yards back on 4th and 3 and allow Brady easy first down on that play.

I just don't get why Morris decided to change his defense with only a 7 point lead. I don't get it.

They were playing so well in the first 3 quarters.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
but they gave up a td when it counted most. in the most limp dick fashion possible. that's what people were angry or laughing about.

60 minute game jalen.

60 mins O mustered up a TD 2 fgs…Yes that is all…

I am hoping they can do better tomorrow. We will see though…Better clock management would be a good start.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
From Jourdan:

The Rams are playing well on defense — they’re No. 6 in the NFL in defensive points allowed, No. 1 against explosive plays (20-plus yards), No. 8 in plays of 10-plus yards allowed, No. 9 in successful play rate as a defense, and No. 10 in forcing three-and-outs — despite not rushing the passer altogether effectively or taking the ball away consistently (though they may lead the league in dropped picks, at this point).

brucebruce

Rookie
Good on Ramsey to try and take some of the heat off Raheem's soft coverage. That's a proper teammate and leader. But what do we expect him to say? Anything negative will unravel the team for the next couple of years.

However, he does do quite a bit of pouting when there are easy completions for 3rd and 6 first down right in front of him. A lot might be inferred from that reaction that we see over and over for the past couple of years. Why even have Ramsey on the team if you're going to use him like that?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well.. Jalen's a hall of fame, so Morris is screwing up big and doesn't know how to use him.... but Jalen sure doesn't know much about defense, apparently.