Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

You're supposed to take the best player you can get when your pick comes up. You have to make sure he'll fit your system and won't cause issues off the field but assuming those criteria are filled, you take the player that will provide the best performance. If there are other players that perform MUCH better than Quick that are taken AFTER he was, then the Rams made a mistake. That's what people are seeing and are concerned about. He was HORRIBLE value. They could have taken someone much better with the pick or taken someone just as good much later in the draft. The Rams can't miss on picks if they want to compete in this division. They were too far behind to be missing premium picks like that. Too much wasn't expected of him. If you're a premium pick, you'd better perform or it'll set the franchise back.

problem is you're playing the benefit of hindsight...

People like to bring up Alshon Jeffrey - but teams were turned off by his work ethic and attitude.. Scouts felt he took off plays too much - then when showed up one time 30 lbs overweight.

A lot of guys drop in the rounds for stuff you've listed, like off the field issues, work ethic, etc.

Ramifications

Quick reminds me of Jerome Simpson, in his low level of competition pedigree, being overdrafted in the second round, we are in year three without a breakout yet and at this point his upside has to be questioned. I can't believe they didn't underestimate how raw of a project he was. At that time, the state of our roster was not conducive to taking a 3-4 year project. At this point, we have him, so I hope he improves, but hard to say he hasn't been a disappointment. Bailey has already passed him, and looked far more technically refined and polished in his soph year of college than Quick did in his second year in the NFL.

At the time I thought Jeffery or Randle were the scratch picks. In the history of the school (Appalachian State), Dexter Coakley is probably the best player at any position.

Jeffery's weight did fluctuate at South Carolina, but I was sold when he ran a 4.4 at his Pro Day.