QB Bryce Perkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Welp - I’m guessing The Rams might have there ling snapper of the future.Seems like The Rams are protecting player for 2021 as well.
The signing by Green Bay from the Colts might have something to do with the move? Will see if they make the game day roster.
Jake McQuaide Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

McQuade is a UFA in less than 2 months. He is a very high paid LS. He is also 34 yr old. It appears to be the Rams are preparing for the vacancy in 2021 @ LS. McQuaide has been an outstanding LS. Rams will be forced to trim the salary cap everywhere they can.
I will bet you Nick Scott will get at least 15 defensive snaps this Saturday,plus special teams.He missed the tackle to open up the 2nd half,but still way Better than Most Ram Fans even think.
Yep, I saw that but safety Nick Scott might be our fastest DB with the best deep speed!

Both Fuller & JJ III do not have anything close to what Scott has. He is a true deep safety where both JJ III & Fuller have Strong Safety type speed. Later this year in the summer when Strong Safety Taylor Rapp takes over for the departed UFA JJ III the deep speed of Nick Scott will seriously be needed in the back of the secondary.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've asked something similar before, but my question is, why does is seem that anything not said in praise of either deemed as an attack by some? We are all Rams fans rooting for and hoping for the best. It just seems like there is too much reading in between the lines vs. the reading the actual lines posted, IMO.

Memphis your a solid and respected poster. This is the Playoffs so I think Mcvay is going to be prepared. I don’t have any true answers,but I do know what Jared Goff means to The Rams.

-My take about The Rams offense right now is Jared Goff has another week to rest & prepare for Green Bay. Cam Akers & Malcom Brown are playing at a Very High Level. Brown really helped close The Rams Win.
Bobby Evans will be 100% so the Run Game will Start off better than with a Hurt David Edwards trying to tough a playoff game out.If you look at Jared Goff’s last few series you can see how well he started to play & make plays. He was 4-14 & I was PISSED.Then he turned The Switch & finished? I believe completing his last 5 passes.The offense did score a TD as well.

—Wolford has scored how many TD’s as a RAM QB?? Where talking Offense,not defense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jake McQuaide Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

McQuade is a UFA in less than 2 months. He is a very high paid LS. He is also 34 yr old. It appears to be the Rams are preparing for the vacancy in 2021 @ LS. McQuaide has been an outstanding LS. Rams will be forced to trim the salary cap everywhere they can.

Yep, I saw that but safety Nick Scott might be our fastest DB with the best deep speed!

Both Fuller & JJ III do not have anything close to what Scott has. He is a true deep safety where both JJ III & Fuller have Strong Safety type speed. Later this year in the summer when Strong Safety Taylor Rapp takes over for the departed UFA JJ III the deep speed of Nick Scott will seriously be needed in the back of the secondary.

Add Burgers next season as well.
-Yes ,new LS because of Cap. Jake has been GREAT & an All Pro for The Rams.

—Nick Scott on your point is excellent about his speed.Makes understand it more of him at FS.DK Metcalfs first TD was on Fuller & the rotation.Both JJ & RAMsey were over on the Sidelines telling about his Breakdown.
—FULLER has been AWESOME & a Winner. The thing I saw against the SeaHags when he had to turn around & run was how SLOW he IS.He is such a SOLID player & reads plays well.Tackles Well also. Now I see why he was drafted so late in 2020.
—Still without FULLER? I believe The Rams don’t make The Playoffs.

—Go Rams & it’s a Team Sport & The Rams Coaching Staff is 1 of The Best in The NFL.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
now probably isnt the time for new plays/packages, but i still wouldnt mind seeing some qb runs with perkins. dudes an athlete

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Perkins can make some insane plays with his legs. His throwing motion is long and awkward, but he has plenty of arm talent. With a guy like this, you probably have to change the offense to take advantage of his running ability, but if he could throw it well enough to keep D's honest, you'd have fits trying to defend an athlete like that at QB. I really hope we get some preseason to evaluate him next year.

JT O Sullivan talking about Perkins pre draft.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzhz9PrJkPM

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Long, but good analysis. Let's us know a bit more about what we have in Perkins, more so than a highlight film. Really raw but incredible athleticism.
Going to take a couple of training camps to coach out some bad habits and hitches but worth a shot as an UDFA.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Perkins came out to California and got some QB coaching from the same group that works with Goff. I found this article talking about him working out after he found out he wasn't invited to the combine. Maybe this is when he popped up on the Rams' radar?

Following the conclusion of the college football season, Perkins trained for eight weeks in Huntington Beach, California with 3DQB, elite biomechanics training combined with motion analysis.

"I was in California for eight weeks after the football season with 3DQB; Taylor Kelly, John Beck - big, big QB guys and definitely Adam [Dedeaux], one of the guys that orchestrated the whole thing," said Perkins. "What I love about that was, just how many NFL guys actually go there. There were about 10 NFL starters that used the same people."

While training on the west coast, the UVA signal-caller seized the opportunity to observe and analyze the NFL quarterbacks in action, up close and personal.

"After my workout, Jared Goff would go and before my workout, Dak Prescott and Matt Ryan would go. So I’d get there early and kind of watch them, and it’s been good work just to see those guys and just do my work out and kind of see where I stack up."

With the current threat of coronavirus looming, Perkins, like many other draft hopefuls, has had to adapt his training regiment to quarantine measures.

"A lot of training and a lot board work, been heavy with that. I’ve also been on facetime with teams, definitely glad that through my process that I was able to get that much time on the board as I did because it’s definitely helping out with not being able to work out for teams physically. A lot of teams want to see what you know mentally.”

Even with the extensive board work, Perkins still needed to get film out to showcase his mobility and throwing ability.

"I got a chance to get my workout on tape, I went to Chandler high school and had somebody come out there and film, not a lot, but a few throws just to kind of show my ball placement and get a little visual on how I move."

"Definitely made a point for me to show a lot of movement in that video, kind of as a trailer. But like what Bryce [Hall] said, the film speaks for itself and that's the biggest selling point for anyone coming into the draft.”

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
We will rally around Bryce Perkins and play good football!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Perkins seems like a nice kid so I'm sure the Rams will give him a chance in camp next season. For me personally I don't like short QBs but if it's a backup who can come in and ball a bit in a pinch, get us first downs and make some courageous throws downfield I can overlook that.

By the way just realized he's 6'3" for some reason thought he was 6 foot. Oh well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Perkins can make some insane plays with his legs. His throwing motion is long and awkward, but he has plenty of arm talent. With a guy like this, you probably have to change the offense to take advantage of his running ability, but if he could throw it well enough to keep D's honest, you'd have fits trying to defend an athlete like that at QB. I really hope we get some preseason to evaluate him next year.

JT O Sullivan talking about Perkins pre draft.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzhz9PrJkPM

I liked the idea of him as a developmental QB but like JT says he's got the physical attributes it all comes down to whether he can develop enough to spin the rock and become a passer of the football. You like the info that he worked with QB coaches but that tape shows he's got a long ways to go to be able to consistently pass the ball well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked the idea of him as a developmental QB but like JT says he's got the physical attributes it all comes down to whether he can develop enough to spin the rock and become a passer of the football. You like the info that he worked with QB coaches but that tape shows he's got a long ways to go to be able to consistently pass the ball well.

Perkins is a great athlete. The biggest issue I saw in college was that he wasn't a naturally accurate thrower. Sometimes, guys make the mechanical changes necessary to resolve that issue. But typically, QBs like that don't stick as starters in the NFL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Perkins is a great athlete. The biggest issue I saw in college was that he wasn't a naturally accurate thrower. Sometimes, guys make the mechanical changes necessary to resolve that issue. But typically, QBs like that don't stick as starters in the NFL.
Agreed there was even one throw early in the video IIRC where JT makes the comment that he missed the WR by yards but was lucky to get a penalty. I kept noticing how terrible his footwork was too. Also Virginia's OC looks terrible.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

Never said he didn't need a lot of work to start. He has physical tools the Rams have never had at QB though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never said he didn't need a lot of work to start. He has physical tools the Rams have never had at QB though.
He also needs more work in the passing game, the most important part of the job, than any QB the Rams have ever had. Hence my comments that he needs a lot of work and it's promising that he knows this and is getting coaching outside of the team.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He also needs more work in the passing game, the most important part of the job, than any QB the Rams have ever had. Hence my comments that he needs a lot of work and it's promising that he knows this and is getting coaching outside of the team.
He does need a lot of work in the passing game. He went UDFA for a reason. I also don't realistically expect him to morph into a drop back gunslinger that will put up 300-350 through the air every week. I'd focus on a dominant running game that can take advantage of what the D gives them in the passing game with a guy like Perkins.