Players the Rams have met with Pre-Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
LT, you trade Jackson. Easy problem solved and you address RT and Swing Tackle next year.
The way we handle trades, we'd get what, a 5th-6th? Guys on the last year of his deal and needs a new contract tend to get not much in the trade market. I'd rather develop him more this season and resign him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way we handle trades, we'd get what, a 5th-6th? Guys on the last year of his deal and needs a new contract tend to get not much in the trade market. I'd rather develop him more this season and resign him.
Develop him for what? We would have just drafted a LT for the future.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
cbssports.com has an article from April 12th about 10 late-round / priority free agent draft prospects that were work-out warriors; and TCU safety Mark Perry was one.

Here is what the article said about Perry:

Mark Perry, S, TCU​

One of the most surprising NFL combine omissions, Mark Perry proved to NFL clubs why he's one of the best athletes in the NFL Draft. At 6-foot and 211 pounds, he ran in the high 4.3s, low 4.4s at the Big 12 Pro Day, along with a 10-foot-11 broad jump.

His RAS score finished at nearly the 96th percentile among safeties all-time, and it matches on film. Perry, who's film says he can be an impact perimeter and deep safety along with an immediate special teams ace, was able to verify to teams why he won't be available for teams after the draft, as he'll be getting picked between the fifth and seventh rounds.

Comment: I believe the Rams value highly the Relative Athletic Score (RAS); and a deep safety / special teams contributor sounds like a nice fit.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I'm curious....what is our history with guys who have visited with us pre-draft...vs. guys who haven't visited, ... and which ones we draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm curious....what is our history with guys who have visited with us pre-draft...vs. guys who haven't visited, ... and which ones we draft.
It used to be an incredibly high percentage of us drafting players we met with. Last couple years that has dropped a bit but we also are hearing fewer players that we've met with like this year I think we've seen that we met with 10 players when we get 30 top visits.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Develop him for what? We would have just drafted a LT for the future.
Clearly this is in lieu of drafting a LT. We have one. We should develop him rather then drafting one we need to develop.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could totally be on board with Chop... after a trade down. Without question the most athletic edge in the draft but needs some refinement. I'd be hoping he wasn't another Oweh, who hasn't come around yet.
The Rams might place a higher value, along with other teams, that fans do. We fans worry too much about picking somebody at 19 instead of 24. Also you're assuming somebody will offer the Rams value to trade down. Enjoy the player even if he's drafted higher than your personal value. Just my 2 cents but there's too much thought placed on trading down before picking a player over perceived value.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams might place a higher value, along with other teams, that fans do. We fans worry too much about picking somebody at 19 instead of 24. Also you're assuming somebody will offer the Rams value to trade down. Enjoy the player even if he's drafted higher than your personal value. Just my 2 cents but there's too much thought placed on trading down before picking a player over perceived value.
Totally agree. If the guy you like is there, you take him. If the Rams like him, that's good enough for me.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well there is no telling how much they like him, just IMHO I'd be willing to risk it for the benefit of trading down for a guy like Chop. If he's gone, I think you can pivot without much downgrade, say from Chop to Newton, and then still have some more ammo from the trade down. Chop is a gamble with his lack of production in college, so I'd gamble trading down (if there is a taker of course).

All that said, I'd be very happy that they didn't take a OT, WR, or QB with their 1st!