Players the Rams have met with Pre-Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just ran into my old friend from work. His son, Michael Barrett Jr, LB , Michigan has been talking to a couple of teams lately and said the Rams have been talking to him a lot. Might not mean a thing but he’s ranked around 150 so might be a late round target.
"Wow nice job putting us out there Husker. Thought you were on our side."
~ Les
I didn't think Chop looked that bad against the run, when he actually played the run. It looked like he was bent on penetrating and got caught a lot of the time. Which that could be a read/react thing. I don't know if its coachable or not. When it comes to pure pass rush. I feel he's as good as the others, maybe better. But, playing the run is very important. So is having speed to recover. He's not my first choice but I won't be upset if the Rams were to pick him.
Yeah Penn St ends play the run and those guys are no exception. Chop is at a different level when he's going and maybe that is enough to convince the Rams to take him.

I would liken it to the Miller trade. Miller takes plays off, he's a weird MFer, and completely full of shit I'd say. But he's a guy who, when he smells a ring, can get you there. He can elevate his play when he wants to. Chop is like that, and it's no small thing.

Personally I think he's risky, just a feeling I have on him. But I'm not gonna complain if they take a shot on him.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Just ran into my old friend from work. His son, Michael Barrett Jr, LB , Michigan has been talking to a couple of teams lately and said the Rams have been talking to him a lot. Might not mean a thing but he’s ranked around 150 so might be a late round target.
He looks like a scheme fit

Good in space
Takes good angles
Great tackler and has good hands
Five-phase special teams talent

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 65234

Defensive rookie of the year Will Anderson from last year. Basically the same metrics, anybody know why Verse would only be considered a 4-3 end?

Byron Young Jarod Verse
6 2" 6 3 1/2"
250 253
40 4.48 sec 40 4.58 sec
Arm 32 1/2 Arm 33 1/2

Comparison to Byron Young our OLB from last year.

Yeah think I'd be comfortable drafting Verse.

He's not considered only a 4-3 end not sure where this is coming from.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Holy shit! Didn’t know Verse was that bad vs. the run.

And I’m a lot higher on Latu after seeing those!

Ps @Elmgrovegnome since you’re a filthy Nittany Lion fan I’m a lot higher on you Adisa Isaac than Chop with his lack of production tbh.

That could because he gets chipped doubled all the time or could be a serious worry.

I know when the Wolverines played you guys we only ran the ball 30 times in a row? Because Chop the beginning of that game hit McCarthy twice really fast and hurt him because our LT couldn’t block him at all. Most criticize McCarthy without watching the game at all on that.

So that could be a telling sign for Chop being a good NFL player if we can load the D Line.
Chop is 6’-3” 254 lbs
Von is 6’-3” 250 lbs

Both have elite athletic traits

They are the same build that Snead drafts for edge

McVay and Snead converted Von Miller for years.

I’ll do a post on the comparison

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The BAMA guard Dickerson isn’t moving to Center ? That was who I wanted The Rams to trade up for in 2021.
But Cam Jurgens is... he played RG last yr.

I will add that they added Tyler Steen last yr, also from Bama, in the 3rd rd, but they seem to not believe in him.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
He's not considered only a 4-3 end not sure where this is coming from.
I have read this in more than one place:

“Jared is more explosive off the line and has better leverage to defeat his blocker from a three-point stance instead of standing up. Standing up he struggles to defeat the blocker and double teams, giving up his chest and leverage off the snap of the ball”

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Holy shit! Didn’t know Verse was that bad vs. the run.

And I’m a lot higher on Latu after seeing those!

Ps @Elmgrovegnome since you’re a filthy Nittany Lion fan I’m a lot higher on you Adisa Isaac than Chop with his lack of production tbh.

That could because he gets chipped doubled all the time or could be a serious worry.

I know when the Wolverines played you guys we only ran the ball 30 times in a row? Because Chop the beginning of that game hit McCarthy twice really fast and hurt him because our LT couldn’t block him at all. Most criticize McCarthy without watching the game at all on that.

So that could be a telling sign for Chop being a good NFL player if we can load the D Line.
See my above post on Verse. I don’t see him as a player they would take at 19 but time will tell. He’s 24 and potentially maxed out. Chop is a better prospect IMO and it’s not close when it comes to scheme

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have read this in more than one place:

“Jared is more explosive off the line and has better leverage to defeat his blocker from a three-point stance instead of standing up. Standing up he struggles to defeat the blocker and double teams, giving up his chest and leverage off the snap of the ball”

And I'm on my phone so not going to look for the people who disagree. That person whoever he is always entitled to their opinion as are others who disagree. I've read people say he's the best of the top 3 3-4 edges. In the end it's all going to come down coaching and how every player responds to it and works. But personally I think on the front 3 with his hand in the dirt is not using the player to his strengths but I'm no expert I'll leave that designation to others. Hes a 250 olb with his speed and quickness and that doesn't say DE that to me says OLB.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
And I'm on my phone so not going to look for the people who disagree. That person whoever he is always entitled to their opinion as are others who disagree. I've read people say he's the best of the top 3 3-4 edges. In the end it's all going to come down coaching and how every player responds to it and works. But personally I think on the front 3 with his hand in the dirt is not using the player to his strengths but I'm no expert I'll leave that designation to others. Hes a 250 olb with his speed and quickness and that doesn't say DE that to me says OLB.
You asked the question and I gave the answer. That sentiment is shared by other sites. I can’t claim to be an expert, any more than you, but am not high on Verse. I would trade down and pick Trice over him

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You asked the question and I gave the answer. That sentiment is shared by other sites. I can’t claim to be an expert, any more than you, but am not high on Verse. I would trade down and pick Trice over him
Yuck pass on Trice.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I imagine if the Rams take Trice they'll play him at 5T. That may be his role in the NFL. Beef him up a bit and let that weight room and diet take effect. But I don't think they'd take him round 2 where he is slated to go by most mocks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if Malik Mustapha is on the Rams radar. He was at Richmond with Kobi Turner and then transferred to Wake Forest. I think he’s the one that got Turner to Wake, if I heard Brugler correctly .

Mustapha is 5’-10” and 209 pounds. Brugler thinks he’s the best safety in the draft. He said he’s got great instincts, he’s always in the right place at the right time, and is a really good kid. Plus at 209 he brings the hammer down when he tackles.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Another guy that has been mentioned here is Andru Phillips. After listening to Brugler’s description, I’m not so excited about the possibility that the Rams draft him.

Brugler says he’s sticky. He stays right with his man and is hard to shake, but he has to develop ball skills. That sounds just like David Long. Brugler thinks he goes at the end of round two.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if Malik Mustapha is on the Rams radar. He was at Richmond with Kobi Turner and then transferred to Wake Forest. I think he’s the one that got Turner to Wake, if I heard Brugler correctly .

Mustapha is 5’-10” and 209 pounds. Brugler thinks he’s the best safety in the draft. He said he’s got great instincts, he’s always in the right place at the right time, and is a really good kid. Plus at 209 he brings the hammer down when he tackles.
He was one of my early draft crushes and he seems to be climbing up people projections.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

He thinks he's the best safety in the draft but ranks him as the 6th best? Odd. His guide has Jaden Hicks rated as the top safety.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Pollard is projected to be a UDFA.
From what I remember, when draft classes are weak at certain spots, OLB and IDL in this draft, a lot of times guys who the media had low on their board or not at all start getting drafted in the mid rounds. Cause teams go in all these random directions to try to find the talent because the guys that are known quantities are pretty meh. Wouldn't shock me if a guy like this ends up a 4th round pick due to that.