Players the Rams have met with Pre-Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I doubt McVay cares about the size of the back (to a point) instead of the traits.

He seems to like agility, guys who could one cut and get downhill quickly (though this seems to have changed with the gap scheme and Williams - to guys who can create and set up LBs) and backs who can pass catch. Speed comes in after that. Probably power next.

Of course, pass blocking is important.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Supposedly, Phillips is a other player that is higher on NFL boards than the media ranks him.
On page 24 of the thread titled "Reasons for WR at 19", @Memphis Ram posted a Kiper and Yates discussion.

It's a good, substantive dialogue in my opinion. They discuss how well regarded Andru Phillips is by teams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
On page 24 of the thread titled "Reasons for WR at 19", @Memphis Ram posted a Kiper and Yates discussion.

It's a good, substantive dialogue in my opinion. They discuss how well regarded Andru Phillips is by teams.
Thanks. I knew I heard it from someone. I listened to that Podcast when it aired. Kiper is well connected. I believe him when I hear him say things like that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

After reading up on him it sounds like he’s an explosive athlete but is more of a developmental type. One report said he lacks instincts.

He’s 5’-11” and his arms are not long. Jourdan repeatedly said the Rams want to get longer at DB. He’s only one inch from 6’, but long arms are one of the best attributes for any corner. Darius Williams has very long arms. Phillips has a 4th round projection, so isn’t likely to be viewed as more that a developmental player, rather than a starter, unless, NFL teams see something different. He does have very good closing speed to make up for mistakes, That was a trait sorely lacking in the Rams secondary last year.

I wonder if the Rams would be moving him to safety if they picked him.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
A realistic RB at 3.99 might be Lloyd, who is a perfect combo of speed and power IMO. I think Benson is long gone by 3.99.

A guy that is interesting me more by the day; Tracy Jr. He seems like an ideal playmaking back up RB to me and can probably be had later 4th-5th round.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I still think that if one of the top 4 LOTs fall to 19, we’ll take them. Unlikely as that seems that any of them would fall (Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga & Fautanu)

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still think that if one of the top 4 LOTs fall to 19, we’ll take them. Unlikely as that seems that any of them would fall (Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga & Fautanu)
I truly hope they do not. Now I'm concerned. I did a quick mock as realistically as I can and see the OT's gone by our pick except Latham/Mims/Guyton. Don't think any of those should interest us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great, we are finally in one of the posts about meeting a player and its a OL
Pretty damned good OT at that. I know you're sarcastic but he would be a big upgrade and we see how important the OL is now to McVay

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty damned good OT at that. I know you're sarcastic but he would be a big upgrade and we see how important the OL is now to McVay
I actually think Fautanu is very talented. Not sure where he would actually fit on our team this year however. If we had a OG spot open, I'd be all for it. This guy doesn't need a season sitting on the bench and not sure he'd be an immediate upgrade on either Jackson or Big Rob.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually think Fautanu is very talented. Not sure where he would actually fit on our team this year however. If we had a OG spot open, I'd be all for it. This guy doesn't need a season sitting on the bench and not sure he'd be an immediate upgrade on either Jackson or Big Rob.
LT, you trade Jackson. Easy problem solved and you address RT and Swing Tackle next year.