Players the Rams have met with Pre-Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Audric Estimé is one of my draft crushes.

View attachment 64633
For some unsubstantiated reason (other than they are advertised as productive power runners and I get stuck on players) I been focused on the R3.99 pick for either Estime/ND or Allen/ Wisc. Anyone care to weigh in on comparison of these 2 or recommend an even better power runner?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For some unsubstantiated reason (other than they are advertised as productive power runners and I get stuck on players) I been focused on the R3.99 pick for either Estime/ND or Allen/ Wisc. Anyone care to weigh in on comparison of these 2 or recommend an even better power runner?
I think both would be very good though some will tell you Allen isn't good.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

I prefer Allen. He had a down year due to a change in the offense. Him in a pro style would be dominant, and he’s still very very young

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I prefer Allen.
Each to their own.

I think Estimé would be the perfect “thunder” to KW’s “lightning”, but wouldn’t be unhappy if we drafted Allen instead.

I just hope that the poor 40 time posted by Estimé at the combine knocks him down to the fifth round, although that’s probably wishful thinking.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I would love if the Rams got Estime but it seems like McVay prefers smaller RBs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love if the Rams got Estime but it seems like McVay prefers smaller RBs.
Rules out both of them, Allen is taller and weighs more and is faster too for that matter. But he did have Malcolm Brown sticking around for a while.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Todd Gurley says otherwise.

Personally would kill for Cody Schrader (whose comparison basically is K-Will), but I wouldn't be upset with those mentioned.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Todd Gurley says otherwise.

Personally would kill for Cody Schrader (whose comparison basically is K-Will), but I wouldn't be upset with those mentioned.
He inherited Gurley though. Schrader is nice but I think most of us are looking for a compliment to KW not a clone.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He inherited Gurley though. Schrader is nice but I think most of us are looking for a compliment to KW not a clone.
I would love a change up RB, whether he is a power back or a speed back. Hope whoever they choose has good vision.

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
He didn't draft Gurley

He still used him instead of trading him, right? He still made him an enormous part of the gameplan, right? McVay prefers talent, not necessarily size or weight or anything like that. If he thinks that a bigger running back has talent, he'll draft him.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He still used him instead of trading him, right? He still made him an enormous part of the gameplan, right? McVay prefers talent, not necessarily size or weight or anything like that. If he thinks that a bigger running back has talent, he'll draft him.
but he hasn't drafted a big back that's the point. I was specifically talking about McVay history drafting RBs sorry if you misunderstood

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's only really used 1 of the RB's he drafted over 205lbs and that was Cam Akers who he shipped away. The point is he hasn't drafted a RB like the two mentioned who are 222lbs and 235lbs. Aside from Akers the next biggest was Henderson who was likely generously weighed at 208lbs. Everybody else obviously didn't stick. Estrine and Allen are much bigger than the usual backs McVay uses.

Memento

Name
Jemma
but he hasn't drafted a big back that's the point. I was specifically talking about McVay history drafting RBs sorry if you misunderstood

Cam Akers was regarded as a bigger back. Not exactly tall, but built sturdy. He may not have drafted a big back, but I don't feel that means that he cares about a certain size of running back for a system.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Cam Akers was regarded as a bigger back. Not exactly tall, but built sturdy. He may not have drafted a big back, but I don't feel that means that he cares about a certain size of running back for a system.
I'm just going by history

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm just going by history

I'm going by usage. Even when Gurley wasn't healthy, he still used C.J. Anderson, right? He still used Akers tons, right? They're all bigger backs, and his system is constantly evolving.

Sure, he could make me look like an idiot and draft a smaller back, but I don't think he cares about size: just talent.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I prefer Estime, but I hate if the Rams selected either of them at R3.99.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm going by usage. Even when Gurley wasn't healthy, he still used C.J. Anderson, right? He still used Akers tons, right? They're all bigger backs, and his system is constantly evolving.

Sure, he could make me look like an idiot and draft a smaller back, but I don't think he cares about size: just talent.
sorry you missed the point, I'm just going to stop this back and forth. It's really a waste of time and I don't like getting a thread off topic. Have a nice day.

Memento

Name
Jemma
sorry you missed the point, I'm just going to stop this back and forth. It's really a waste of time and I don't like getting a thread off topic. Have a nice day.

Fair enough. I didn't miss the point, but we're just talking about different things. It's like a conversation with native speakers and foreign languages that aren't native; inevitably, people miss stuff.

Apologies.