Pharoh Cooper having surgery/Designated to Return from IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not gonna lie. Jojo doesnt give me too much confidence. but what the hell.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Take a knee in end zone on KO returns and fair catch all punts.
Easy peasy....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I felt that way last season with Sam Ficken as he had no experience I was surprised Bones (John Fassel) went in that direction as I liked Jason Meyers, who is now the place kicker for the Jets. Anyway the advantage here is that Natson has some NFL experience and being that he's been with the Rams since OTA's, training camp and preseason, plus did very well in preseason gives me the confidence that he won't make the miscues that can handcuff a team.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Y'all know that JoJo was a man who thought he was a loner, but he knew it wouldn't last ...

... and that JoJo left his home in Tuscon, Arizona, for some California grass ...

(at least half the board is too young to get that reference ...)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Jojo is gonna be just fine. It isn't just about the returners, and in fact our return teams do a great job giving the runner lanes to work with. Natson has good vision and natural elusiveness, plus his ball security was excellent in preseason for us. He looks ready to do the job and I expect will do very well.

IMO he is more of a threat to take one all the way than Pharoh was, the question is if he's gonna get killed because he's not as solidly built as the guy he's replacing. This might be the end for Pharoh, as next year will be his last and I expect the Rams to delve into some skill types in this next draft which tend to have returners in their ranks. But either way I think we can sit back and enjoy watching "Gnats" buzz around giving us good field position. :p

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I was hoping that Kelly or J.Davis would get a shot, but, maybe they are not good at it. Really think Kelly would excel at returns though with his balance.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Not cool, time for someone to step up.
Also cooper kupp was a good return man in college , might see him fielding punts
McVay has already come out and said that he didn't want risk using Kupp as a returner.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was hoping that Kelly or J.Davis would get a shot, but, maybe they are not good at it. Really think Kelly would excel at returns though with his balance.
Its very disappointing that neither can do it, and in J Davis case, I don't see what value he holds since he's clearly a RB only

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Dont need the guy to average 20 yards a punt , as long as he holds onto the ball I'm happy . Cooper was great last regular season but I cant forget what he did in the playoffs

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think JoJo can do okay as a returner, maybe even shine. I'm more concerned about who plays slot if Kupp misses time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

EastRam

Pro Bowler
He needs to catch everything

My biggest grip with ST is all the flags. Bones needs to clean that crap up ASAP.

ST flags have cost us more then the drops.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Hope the Rams clarify this ASAP.
Is Pharoh out 8-10 weeks, or is he definitely out until 2019? Or somewhere in between?

Grumble. :rant:

Copper is definitely out until 2019

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.therams.com/team/players-roster/greg-zuerlein/
Reserve/Injured
Player # Pos HT WT Age Exp College

Pharoh Cooper
10 WR 5-11 208 23 3 South Carolina

Ryan Davis
98 DE 6-2 260 29 7 Bethune-Cookman

Morgan Fox
97 DE 6-3 275 24 3 Colorado State-Pueblo

Kevin Peterson
25 CB 5-11 185 24 2 Oklahoma State

Garrett Sickels
OLB 6-4 254 23 1 Penn State

Carlos Thompson
LB 6-5 250 26 2 Mississippi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform
Player # Pos HT WT Age Exp College

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
45 LB 6-1 253 23 R Oklahoma
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With our offense I just want ball security over everything else. I would rather he got 0 return yards the entire season as long as he fields every kick to him without dropping it. If he does that everything else is just bonus. If I was a coach I'd tell him if there is even a sliver of doubt call a fair catch. We aren't going to punish you for catching it and doing nothing.

can't play scared.

he returned very well in preseason.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Copper is definitely out until 2019

Unless you provide a link, I’m not going to count on this as true.

Certain players placed on IR are eligible to return after 8 weeks.

I have not yet heard whether or not Pharoh will be one of those “eligible to return after 8 weeks on IR” players, that was the whole point of my question.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Unless you provide a link, I’m not going to count on this as true.

Certain players placed on IR are eligible to return after 8 weeks.

I have not yet heard whether or not Pharoh will be one of those “eligible to return after 8 weeks on IR” players, that was the whole point of my question.

1.Players placed on Reserve/Injured (pharoh copper) are not eligible to return after 8 weeks
2. .Players placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform (Ogbonnia Okoronkwo) are eligible to return after 8 weeks