Pharoh Cooper having surgery/Designated to Return from IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I care a lot more about the ability to dependably field and return the kick/Punt than I do making plays in the return game.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Damn. Hopefully Natson steps up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sucks, but if this is the worst it gets i'll take it. PR and #4WR aren't critical

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
MOFO. Damn.. The silver lining here is if we just get decent FP with our offense we should be good. Nice to have someone who can take it to the house tho....

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Firstly: Gutted for Pharoh - I hope his surgery & recovery goes well.

Secondly: I hope Natson steps up, this is his chance now to be seen. I have full faith in our STers! As long as he doesn't spill the ball we're good to go

TexasRam

Legend
So we want to take a guy that weighs 152 lbs and ask him to catch a football punted to the top of the stadium while the best athletes in the world double his size, are running full speed at him and obliterating him the second he touches the ball.

And this is the plan to improve on last years playoff experience in which punt return fumbles cost us the game.

Got it. Thanks. :cautious:o_O

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
So we want to take a guy that weighs 152 lbs and ask him to catch a football punted to the top of the stadium while the best athletes in the world double his size, are running full speed at him and obliterating him the second he touches the ball.

And this is the plan to improve on last years playoff experience in which punt return fumbles cost us the game.

Got it. Thanks. :cautious:o_O

The season is long my friend, as long as JoJo can catch the ball and secure it - I'm good with that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay JoJo, whose Mother loved him so much she nicknamed him twice!
a7jd4thym2uwj7egdgsf.jpg
It's not fair to expect JoJo to be a Pro Bowler, but I really liked the speed of this kid! Maybe the next Tony Horne!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's not fair to expect JoJo to be a Pro Bowler, but I really liked the speed of this kid! Maybe the next Tony Horne!

Did we expect Pharoh to be a Pro-Bowler at the start of last season? Natson has some shift speed for sure, I hope he makes the most of his opportunity with the Rams.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Not cool, time for someone to step up.
Also cooper kupp was a good return man in college , might see him fielding punts

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Securing the football and when returning punts don't lose any yardage, being smart with fair catches and with kickoffs, when he does return getting passed the 25 yard line. Looking for JoJo to be effective in his own way and no turnovers...Kid played at Akron so he's Ohio Strong!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Not cool, time for someone to step up.
Also cooper kupp was a good return man in college , might see him fielding punts
God I hope not.... No way we should expose one of our top receivers to the return game. JoJo can handle it... I hope...LOL

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What kind of surgery is he having?

Sucks, but if this is the worst it gets i'll take it. PR and #4WR aren't critical

A PR like Cooper is important IMO. While this isn't like loosing Gurley or whatever he made a big difference in some games last year with field position and scoring.

Granted the two fumbles against ATL were horrible but on any punt he can get the O in good field position where they don't have to go that far for GZ to be in range.

This sucks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm excited for JoJo. He has this season to see what he can do - and he seems like he would be lethal on those jet sweeps, should McVay decide to give Kupp/Woods/Cooks a breather.

Psycho_X

Legend
Securing the football and when returning punts don't lose any yardage, being smart with fair catches and with kickoffs, when he does return getting passed the 25 yard line!

With our offense I just want ball security over everything else. I would rather he got 0 return yards the entire season as long as he fields every kick to him without dropping it. If he does that everything else is just bonus. If I was a coach I'd tell him if there is even a sliver of doubt call a fair catch. We aren't going to punish you for catching it and doing nothing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We aren't going to punish you for catching it and doing nothing.

I concur, Natson has been doing this his whole career was a standout punt returner at Akron so plenty of experience, however, just 7 games NFL experience with the New York Jets. Was a pleasant surprise in preseason, enough where the Rams went with Natson over Fred Brown, who also had some punt return experience.

Natson was the right call because of the fact, he can return both punts & kickoffs and I don't think will be overwhelmed by what he being asked to do, again he's been doing it his whole career and in preseason, seemed very natural doing it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Securing the football and when returning punts don't lose any yardage, being smart with fair catches and with kickoffs, when he does return getting passed the 25 yard line. Looking for JoJo to be effective in his own way and no turnovers...Kid played at Akron so he's Ohio Strong!
No pressure kid, but we're expecting greatness. ~Bones and den

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO, it was on a punt he didn't even have to field. It bounced a couple times, because it was short, and he decided to pick it up and the defender came down on his ankle. Seemed senseless.Well, next man up.