Petition to Replace Vinovitch with a Different Ref

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Signed and commented.

Can't tweet or instagram so I yelled out in my back yard and pumped some 12 gauge buck shot into the sky. Musta hit a huge-ass cloud cuz it's been raining something fierce ever since.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If nothing else, bringing public and league attention to Vinovich's biased history might persuade him to keep his rulings a little more honest on such a large stage.

That's the hope. If the media picks it up, it pressures him into calling it square.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Signed and commented.

Can't tweet or instagram so I yelled out in my back yard and pumped some 12 gauge buck shot into the sky. Musta hit a huge-ass cloud cuz it's been raining something fierce ever since.

View: https://youtu.be/SaYUqXAmXRQ

Couldn't resist ROD,amigo. :ROFLMAO: It's multi-functional and can also be directed at Vinobitch and crew which is the sole intent of said petition. Has it ever happened before? I'm too baked to Google search. I would think the NFL, NFLPA and Vegas would never appease such a demanded request.

Last edited:

xander47

Rookie
It's amusing that you think this is just about penalties. The actual facts are on my side. They've already been laid out in this thread.
Fact #1: We are 0-8 with Vinovitch as our ref despite being 55-48-1 without him since 2012.
Fact #2: Vinovitch has never assessed the Rams' opponent more penalty yardage. That includes the games that McVay coached.
Fact #3: On average, we nearly double the penalty yardage assessed when compared to our opponents in the games Vinovitch has reffed since 2012.
Fact #4: Vinovitch is the only ref to have ejected Aaron Donald.
Fact #5: Vinovitch is the only ref to have ejected Chris Long.

At best, you gave context to #3. Although, you still haven't explained why the Rams have continued to be assessed more penalty yardage than their opponents even after Sean McVay took over. You may not remember #5, but I sure do. I remember how garbage the guy has been to us for years. I remember the fight that the Panthers started. I remember Steve Smith being in the middle of it throwing punches. I remember Chris Long being the only guy ejected and flagged. I remember a whole host of other bogus calls and decisions by Vinovitch and his crew.

Our 0-8 record isn't random. He's biased against us. Feel free to fight this one out until the bitter end, but it's quite clear that I'm not alone in my belief. Then again, I guess we're all just homers, and you're the only sane one.

Is that the Panthers game Bradford got hurt and torn his acl the first time?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Is that the Panthers game Bradford got hurt and torn his acl the first time?
Yes.

I was so ecstatic when Mike Mitchell injured his ankle and was put on IR this year.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
NFL wants a Brees Brady Superbowl. They've done just about all they can to get it with this appointment.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I was mentioning this the other day - they want the old-school guys at the SB Brees v Brady, then they retire...

I also signed, why not? Also, I think there's definitely some truth to this but, as McVay himself said, we write our own history. I'm sure Jerry would've loved an Eagles vs Cowboys NFC Championship too. The reality is I think any of these matchups will draw ratings. We just need to do our job, write our own narrative, regardless of who the refs are. As far as Vinovitch, yes, he's been screwing us for years now, but I'm going to put an optimistic spin on it: aren't we due for one with his crew? I'd say so. Frankly, we just can't put ourselves in positions where we can put the game in the refs' hands, and I think McVay and the team knows this.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I also signed, why not? Also, I think there's definitely some truth to this but, as McVay himself said, we write our own history. I'm sure Jerry would've loved an Eagles vs Cowboys NFC Championship too. The reality is I think any of these matchups will draw ratings. We just need to do our job, write our own narrative, regardless of who the refs are. As far as Vinovitch, yes, he's been screwing us for years now, but I'm going to put an optimistic spin on it: aren't we due for one with his crew? I'd say so. Frankly, we just can't put ourselves in positions where we can put the game in the refs' hands, and I think McVay and the team knows this.

True - we write our own history. McVay would be the youngest HC to win a SB I believe, beating Tomlin?? I know he's just beaten Madden to be the youngest to win a playoff game...

If we, the Rams don't give the refs any choice, we'll be ok...

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
anyone know what hotel these guys use in NO? someone needs to lock tie this fuck tard up in a closet somewhere until the games over with or kidnap his dog or something. a good death threat never hurt anyone.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/16/nfl-rams-saints-bill-vinovich-referee-petition/

Rams fan starts petition to remove referee Bill Vinovich from NFC title game
By: Cameron DaSilva

gettyimages-1070740932.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams are just one win away from reaching Super Bowl LIII but two things stand in their way: The New Orleans Saints and referee Bill Vinovich. At least, that’s the way one Rams fan views it.

Vinovich and his crew have been assigned to the Rams-Saints game on Sunday, which is bad news for the team from L.A. The Rams are 0-8 with Vinovich as the referee, losing to the Eagles and Saints with him as the head official this season.

View: https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1085014721810464769?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1085014721810464769&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2019%2F01%2F16%2Fnfl-rams-saints-bill-vinovich-referee-petition%2F

Rams fan Andrew Liptock has started a petition to have Vinovich removed from the game, given the team’s history with his crew assigned to their games. Below is his argument on Change.org.

How is it possible that Bill Vinovich and crew have been assigned to the NFC Championship game? It’s no secret that the Rams strangely have a tough time when he is the head officiator, going 0-7 with him at the helm, with a handful of questionable calls in most games. In his time as head ref, he has never ONCE assessed the Rams’ opposition more penalty yards. This includes the most recent game between the two teams fighting for the Superbowl that occurred on November 4, 2018.

The highlight of that game’s officiating was a missed call when the Rams faked a field goal tied 14-14 and Johnny Hekker clearly reached the ball over the first down marker before going down or being out of bounds. It was painly obvious to everyone watching the game, except for the officials. What makes it worse is that when challenged by head coach Sean Mcvay, Vinovich found “no conclusive evidence” to overturn the call.

The Johnny Hekker fake field goal he’s referring to happened in Week 9 when everyone at home believed he made the first down. Vinovich disagreed and the pivotal call was made.

View: https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1059207148196909058?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1059207148196909058&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2019%2F01%2F16%2Fnfl-rams-saints-bill-vinovich-referee-petition%2F

At the time of this publishing, 669 people have signed the petition and it’s likely to grow as it gains exposure. After all, no Rams fan is going to be pleased about that 0-8 record with Vinovich making the calls.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Well it's getting some exposure. That's a good thing. Maybe they will officiate it fairly. We can hope.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I went over to check out a saints forum and they had this thread posted over there. Here are some of the saints replys if anyone is interested.

This is beyond ridiculous. If anything, it proves that we are due for regression to the mean. Just like last week when everyone thought that since we were 11-1, we'd get good or even competent officiating. LOL!
ROFL, we are so bad when it comes to the refs and conspiracy theories. We've been the conspiracy theorist team since Bountygate, but this might actually top us...They're yelling defeat before the game has even started all over a ref.

Did they even watch the playoff game last weekend?
The thought that the NFL would intentionally try to imbalance this game to keep its darling Los Angeles team out of the Super Bowl, just before they really start to make their PSL/new stadium sales push is hilarious. If anything, it is Saints fans that should be worried.
and substitute out low rated officials from that crew.

upload_2019-1-16_9-38-11.gif