Petition to Replace Vinovitch with a Different Ref

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Then you aren't reading..........

I read it. You haven't made a single argument that explains the discrepancy. You attempted to argue that Fisher's teams were just penalty-prone, but that isn't an adequate explanation nor does it explain why the anomalous results have continued under McVay.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
@thirteen28 here is the video. He is several feet from Bradford, whom he shoved and made first contact with about 5 feet from the sidelines, maybe 6, and let up and let go of his jersey as he was gong out of bounds.

A totally routine play. This happens multiple times a game in every game.

And I guaran-GD-tee you that if the shoe had been on the other foot - had Cam been pushed OOB and tore his ACL and a Rams player stood over exulting like that, that crew would have assessed us an unnecessary roughness penalty, unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, or both.

Steve Smith got away with murder in that game, talking sh!t and getting chippy against our DBs ... who got the flags?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Signed and commented.

NFL needs to be clearly fair or give up the pretense of being fair, but this crap that is beyond obvious is an insult to the intelligence of NFL fans of every team as well as general NFL fans across the globe.

Reno Ram

UDFA
Signed and shared.

I rewatched Rams vs Saints week 9 last night. Cooks gets absolutely mugged 4th&2 on Rams final possession....Surprise, surprise...No call!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Signed and shared.

I rewatched Rams vs Saints week 9 last night. Cooks gets absolutely mugged 4th&2 on Rams final possession....Surprise, surprise...No call!

I love your avatar! What a beautiful Vizsla. (y)

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
While I'm normally inclined to agree with you, this play will forever stick out as one of the worst calls of all time that decisively flipped momentum in a huge game. The head ref who made that call should never be near the Rams, or NFL football again. In the interest of a fair game, Vinobitch has to go.

I guess an ankle does count as down. We should have challenged that Josh Reynolds catch!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Signed, sealed, delivered...….shared and commented on. I am exhausted, it took me an hour to print and mail

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This is a joke right?
Maybe the Rams get more penalties when he's ref because we committed more fouls??
Maybe the Rams are 0-7 when he's ref because the Rams lost those games??
Come on guys, you're better than this
No we're not

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That comes out to:

Rams- 72 penalty ypg and 7.6 penalties/gm
Opponent- 39.6 penalty ypg and 4.5 penalties/gm

So almost double the penalty yardage on average. Yikes.

Is this a big shock? The Rams for 5 years led the league in penalties. Any refs were calling more against them for sloppy stupid play.

I read it. You haven't made a single argument that explains the discrepancy. You attempted to argue that Fisher's teams were just penalty-prone, but that isn't an adequate explanation nor does it explain why the anomalous results have continued under McVay.

Yeah I did make an argument, you missed it evidently. I think you just want to fight about this because you cannot admit that the actual facts lead to a conclusion you were not expecting.

It isn't an attempt to make a point that Fisher's teams were the most penalized. It IS the point. Penalty prone is lowering the bar. THey committed the most penalties in that time period. They were when he was in TENN too if I recall always on the top or near it. So it's not an attempt to make a point, it's a demonstrable fact. You see the rankings, I spelled it all out. Subtract all of the penalties called in the 5 games this particular ref crew called prior to McVay taking over as HC and that group of Rams teams would STILL be on top of the list or top 5 at least. How do you not see that unless you are just willingly blind to the actual facts.

Look at the graphs I posted, it's not just this ref it's a few others and it's not because the NFL wanted to put it to the Rams. It's because the Rams were not very good, had a rep as a dirty team (on D) that took cheap shots. And that rep was earned.

It's not true that this particular ref had a continuing trend. In fact the opposite, it balanced out and was reduced the last two years and I did the math for the McVay games to date. And penalties under McVay and this staff are massively reduced overall, including when this particular crew is working Rams games. 4th fewest in the NFL this year compared to always the most or close to it each and every year.

It's pretty clear. If you can't see it that's on you.

And I guaran-GD-tee you that if the shoe had been on the other foot - had Cam been pushed OOB and tore his ACL and a Rams player stood over exulting like that, that crew would have assessed us an unnecessary roughness penalty, unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, or both.

Well I don't think you can guarantee that. All you can do is guess.

I'll say this. I see many plays like that every single week by every single team. Other than the injury of course. Players celebrate a TFL when their team is down 35-14. This was just a routine play. The defender was clearly NOT standing over Bradford "exulting". He was doing the same shit most players do when they make a tackle that shuts down a drive. They act like it was The Tackle.

This was as ordinary as a 4 yard run off tackle. You see it many times a game.