Petition to Replace Vinovitch with a Different Ref

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Done
upload_2019-1-15_14-33-14.jpeg

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
This is a joke right?
Maybe the Rams get more penalties when he's ref because we committed more fouls??
Maybe the Rams are 0-7 when he's ref because the Rams lost those games??
Come on guys, you're better than this

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Since 2012, our record is around .500 (55-56-1). Yet, we're 0-8 with him (meaning that we're 55-48-1 without him). The Rams sucking doesn't sufficiently explain it.

Neither does "one of the 7 guys has it in for us" mentality.

What are the exact games his crew reffed?

You're an attorney, you know you need facts before leaping like this.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a joke right?
Maybe the Rams get more penalties when he's ref because we committed more fouls??

Maybe all these statistical anomalies happen because like any person, he has biases.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I know the facts. I went through the games. Don't come in here empty-handed and tell me I need facts.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Signed. You cant tell me its a coincidence that the team with the most wins the last 2 seasons is winless when he is the ref of their games.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
This is a joke right?

While I'm normally inclined to agree with you, this play will forever stick out as one of the worst calls of all time that decisively flipped momentum in a huge game. The head ref who made that call should never be near the Rams, or NFL football again. In the interest of a fair game, Vinobitch has to go.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
2012 - Packers 30-20 Loss - Penalties 6-30 us, 3-30 them
2013 @ Panthers 30-15 Loss - Penalties 8-68 us, 7-59 them - (Bradford hurt, Long tossed)
2013 @ 49'ers 23-13 Loss - Penalties 11-105 us, 9-85 them
2014 @ Eagles 34-28 Loss - Penalties 10-82 us, 4-39 them
2015 Cardinals 27-3 Loss - Penalties 7-104 us, 3-25 them
2016 @ 49'ers 28-0 Loss - Penalties10-102 us, 2-10 them
No games in 2017
then the 2 losses this year to the Saints and Eagles....as previously mentioned the piss poor spot on the fake which swung momentum...penalties in the Saints game was 4-32 us, 2-20 them
Eagles game was 5-50 us 6-49 them

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The main reason that the Rams record in games he has been involved in is that the Rams SUCKED in historical fashion for many years.

I';m sure Browns fans can make the same point about some refs too. When you have been that poor for that many seasons you aren't going to have a winning record with any ref teams.

And by the way, he is one guy, there are SEVEN in a crew.

5c3e454a83b5e315780123.gif

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
There’s more to this than just facts

I have lots rituals when I watch the Rams
Since I was a kid.
In 1999/2000 I watched every game in the same chair in the same position, and if my foot fell asleep too bad — I knew if I moved I would be putting the Win in jeopardy.
I had one hat for 2004 and tossed it the day before McVay got hired and replaced it with a new hat. We have been on a roll ever since.
If my wife is in the room we lose
Etc
Etc
Etc
The point is we all have rituals
and through these personal viewing rituals the magic of the game exists and connects our hearts and minds to what’s going on on the field and we our fellow fans.

This holds true for Vinovitch as well
And his ritual is fucking over the Rams when he refs our games

TO HELL WITH THIS BASTARD!
GO RAMS

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

come on Les, you know we never need facts around here before leaping to conclusions. Haven't you paid attention to anything that happens here?
By the way I'm one of those who take that leap based on the preponderance of the evidence which points to the facts, such as when the penalties are called, who the penalties will affect most when those penalties are called, and if said penalties are always against the same team. Add those three together, you have an overwhelming amount of evidence of bias against the Rams on vinobitch.
But never expect us here not to leap blindly, it's what we do.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I know the facts. I went through the games. Don't come in here empty-handed and tell me I need facts.

What were the games then, I'm curious.

From the net:

Looking at specific referees, it is clear that Broncos fans have reason to hate it when Bill Vinovich referees their game. In five years seasons, he has called seven Broncos games, of which the Broncos have won exactly one. For a team with an overall winning percentage of 73% in the past five years (second only to New England’s 77%), a 14% winning rate is pretty noticeable, and the 59% deviation between Vinovich and the Broncos is the highest of all combinations. There are other teams on the Vinovich-hate-train as well: the poor Rams are 0-5 when Vinovich is around, while the Dolphins are 1-5. These teams significantly underperform around Vinovich.

Graph1.png

Graph2.png

Graph3.png

Rams total penalties.

2018 saw 100 penalties (tied for 4th fewest)
2017 saw 112 penalties (tied for 16th)
2016 saw 126 penalties (30th)
2015 saw 122 penalties (27th)
2014 saw 123 penalties (30th)
2013 saw 123 penalties (31st)
2012 saw 129 penalties (32nd)
2011 saw 112 penalties (21st)
2010 saw 102 penalties (24th)
2009 saw 100 penalties (23rd)

There is 10 years of information. I see a pattern. Fisher coached to play to the echo of the whistle and the team got hit with a lot of stupid and unnecessary penalties. They were undisciplined and sloppy. When you consider how bad the team was over this past 10 year stretch other than 2017 and 2018 it's significant and much to do with coaching. Also Spagnuolo didn't have a disciplined team compared to McVay and his staff.

McVay runs a better practice, which results in better discipline on the field on game day. He talks about taking casre of the ball and not making mental mistakes That's evident in the results. Though Fisher didn't have the players McVay does I don't think it would have made much of a difference with the lousy OC's he selected.

Hard to say the refs are out to get you when only three other teams had fewer penalties.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Maybe all these statistical anomalies happen because like any person, he has biases.
The average lay person (I.e. sports fan) understands the role of the referee is to enforce the rules of the game independent of bias. The facts identify a strong correlation of enforcing rules to benefit the Rams' opponents.

I'm uncertain why Goodell would approve assigning Vinovich or members of his crew to this game. VV's personal agenda against the Rams will not allow him to fulfill his duties as a leader of this referee crew.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

They you would know that when a solid group of coaches showed up the penalties declined.

But you didn't say that.

Signed. You cant tell me its a coincidence that the team with the most wins the last 2 seasons is winless when he is the ref of their games.

See below. Look at the teams. A powerhouse Saints team and an Eagles team that manhandled the OL. And look at the number of calls and yards, it's pretty close. 9 calls against the Rams for 82 yards in two games versus 8 calls for 69 yards for the opponents.

2012 - Packers 30-20 Loss - Penalties 6-30 us, 3-30 them
2013 @ Panthers 30-15 Loss - Penalties 8-68 us, 7-59 them - (Bradford hurt, Long tossed)
2013 @ 49'ers 23-13 Loss - Penalties 11-105 us, 9-85 them
2014 @ Eagles 34-28 Loss - Penalties 10-82 us, 4-39 them
2015 Cardinals 27-3 Loss - Penalties 7-104 us, 3-25 them
2016 @ 49'ers 28-0 Loss - Penalties10-102 us, 2-10 them
No games in 2017
then the 2 losses this year to the Saints and Eagles....as previously mentioned the tick poor spot on the fake which swung momentum...penalties in the Saints game was 4-32 us, 2-20 them
Eagles game was 5-50 us 6-49 them

Thank you for doing the work on this. Good discussion.

And notice that when the Rams stunk they got called for a lot of penalties, see my previous post which I was working on when you posted this.

When McVay and his staff showed up things changed dramatically. In two years they wen't from the worst, to middle of the pack to 4 fewest in the league.

I had one hat for 2004 and tossed it the day before McVay got hired and replaced it with a new hat. We have been on a roll ever since.

Don't EVER throw out that hat. LOL.

By the way I'm one of those who take that leap based on the preponderance of the evidence which points to the facts, such as when the penalties are called, who the penalties will affect most when those penalties are called, and if said penalties are always against the same team. Add those three together, you have an overwhelming amount of evidence of bias against the Rams on vinobitch.

Let's see a breakdown of those points then. Not anecdotal evidence of a play here and there, a real breakdown that can support what you are saying here.

Keep in mind when you are as bad as the Rams were at betting flags you will have a lot more penalties that do damage.