Ot Greg Robinson Wows At Weigh-in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If they do grab an OT early, no doubt in my mind I want Matthews. I don't care how good someones measurables are if they suck at pass protection. We might not be the most pass heavy offense, but with Bradford we will still pass 20-30 times a game, which is 20-30 times a game more than I want Robinson out there. Matthews arms don't concern me one bit.

If we pass on Matthews which i can easily see Fisher doing since I still don't view left as a 1st round need right now, I'd love to grab Morgan Moses in the 2nd. 6'6 314 lbs(lost about 10 lbs before combine, played in mid 320's during season) and 35 3/8ths arms. Still has room to add muscle. But a very very good 2nd day choice and my preference right now. Even if his arms were shorter I'd still like him.

Billy Turner is another one I like who could become a 2nd rounder by combines end. 6'5 315 lbs, 34 inch arms.

And of course my dark horse late round OT....Seantral Henderson. 6'7 331 lbs, 34 5/8th arms.

And jesus, Luke Lucas coming in at 6'8.3 316 lbs, 36 3/4 arms, guy is to big lol

I don't think anyone would say Robinsons pass pro sucks. He just didn't have to do that much of it. Considering how much his game improved throughout the season, I'd say he's coachable.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I don't think anyone would say Robinsons pass pro sucks. He just didn't have to do that much of it. Considering how much his game improved throughout the season, I'd say he's coachable.

It is coachable yes, but will he be able to get it down? I just don't see him being quick enough to eventually excel at it. I don't want Robinson. I do understand why some do want him though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR, have you checked out Ja'Wuan James yet? I like him as a RT/OG type.

jjab360

Legend
It is coachable yes, but will he be able to get it down? I just don't see him being quick enough to eventually excel at it. I don't want Robinson. I do understand why some do want him though.
Not sure how much you've seen him play, but Robinson has very, very quick feet for his size.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The only worry I have for Turner is his transition to the NFL and to where exactly he'd play on our line. I know he played both RG and RT at the shrine game, do you think he could play LT as well?

Hendo is more of just a guy I see who has all the tools, just needs some molding and to not freak up off the field. He is a physical beast though given his huge size.

I agree Richardson is rated to high, but I think in losing the 20 lbs, it could change things, might make him less of a plodder. In any case, wouldn't grab him unless he was there in the 3rd.

Have to disagree with you on Moses though, I think he could be a LT.

Which guys have you found that might fit our system?
I'm trying not to let the cat(s) out of the bag, because I am planning on doing a whole scouting report on offensive lineman. I don't think, from what I've seen so far that Moses has the quickness needed to be a LT, but my grade on him won't be complete until I see apples vs. apples. Henderson is a beast, but you mentioned exactly why he could be a problem, besides either not taking coaching, or being coached badly, because he has some bad habits. He'd have to be a late round pick for me, to off the board, depending on what his background info shows.

Billy Turner was going to be one of my sleepers, I think that when everything started, he was considered a 4th - 6th rounder, but he showed so well, and I think he will be super athletic at the combine. That is the kind of kid that can be coached up and can play multiple positions. If he has a really good week, I can see some team falling in love with him high in the 2nd round. I'll give you one name that I like, Joel Bitonio in the 3rd if he makes it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DR, have you checked out Ja'Wuan James yet? I like him as a RT/OG type.
Yes. Like him a lot actually, after I watched more on him. I also like Antonio Richardson, and I saw one game where he looked terrible, then I put on the Georgia tape, and I see a quality player with a ton of potential.

jjab360

Legend
I'm trying not to let the cat(s) out of the bag, because I am planning on doing a whole scouting report on offensive lineman. I don't think, from what I've seen so far that Moses has the quickness needed to be a LT, but my grade on him won't be complete until I see apples vs. apples. Henderson is a beast, but you mentioned exactly why he could be a problem, besides either not taking coaching, or being coached badly, because he has some bad habits. He'd have to be a late round pick for me, to off the board, depending on what his background info shows.

Billy Turner was going to be one of my sleepers, I think that when everything started, he was considered a 4th - 6th rounder, but he showed so well, and I think he will be super athletic at the combine. That is the kind of kid that can be coached up and can play multiple positions. If he has a really good week, I can see some team falling in love with him high in the 2nd round. I'll give you one name that I like, Joel Bitonio in the 3rd if he makes it.
Looking forward to it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm trying not to let the cat(s) out of the bad, because I am planning on doing a whole scouting report on offensive lineman. I don't think, from what I've seen so far that Moses has the quickness needed to be a LT, but my grade on him won't be complete until I see apples vs. apples. Henderson is a beast, but you mentioned exactly why he could be a problem, besides either not taking coaching, or being coached badly, because he has some bad habits. He'd have to be a late round pick for me, to off the board, depending on what his background info shows.

Can't argue any of that. Can't wait to the scouting reports. I like Bitonio, think he could be very good. Wish he was a tad bigger though, but can't complain since i Like Zach Martin and they are close in measurables.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I don't foresee Moses lasting past the 5th pick in Rd 2.. If anything he "should" creep into the bottom of Rd 1. LOTs get a bump up in ranking. just my 2 cents

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Can't argue any of that. Can't wait to the scouting reports. I like Bitonio, think he could be very good. Wish he was a tad bigger though, but can't complain since i Like Zach Martin and they are close in measurables.
Yes, nailed it, those two guys can just play football, and are versatile, but both would need to get stronger. Bitonio handled A. Barr better than anyone else that I saw all year.... that is a big plus in my book.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't foresee Moses lasting past the 5th pick in Rd 1.. If anything we "should" creep into the bottom of Rd 1. LOTs get a bump up in ranking. just my 2 cents
Moses is not a top 5 pick in any sense in my book. I see him as an early 2nd rounder maybe.

jap

Legend
Not sure how much you've seen him play, but Robinson has very, very quick feet for his size.

I recall one NFL insider describing Robinson as having "the feet of a CB." Doesn't sound anything close to a plodder to me. It seems too many foolish assumptions are being made just because this guy hasn't had to pass protect as much as one would like a potential draftee to. If Coach Bou thinks he's worthwhile, that is good enough for me.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

I have watched some, but probably not as much as most. And I may have described what i had meant badly. His feet are good yes, but I meant more in terms of using them right. Bad footwork, doesnt get them in position fast enough or use them right. He does have potential, but he may never reach it. Thats a big risk to take when it comes to pass protection. There are a lot of guys in the daft who are very good in the run game.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I recall one NFL insider describing Robinson as having "the feet of a CB." Doesn't sound anything close to a plodder to me. It seems too many foolish assumptions are being made just because this guy hasn't had to pass protect as much as one would like a potential draftee to. If Coach Bou thinks he's worthwhile, that is good enough for me.
He has great feet in the run game, he just never really pass protected in that offense. The drills will show if he has enough technique, quickness, and balance. I always look at a draft as getting the best value that you can at any position.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. Like him a lot actually, after I watched more on him. I also like Antonio Richardson, and I saw one game where he looked terrible, then I put on the Georgia tape, and I see a quality player with a ton of potential.

Richardson was better in 2012. He's inconsistent but has tons of upside and can play either OT and OG spots.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Richardson was better in 2012. He's inconsistent but has tons of upside and can play either OT and OG spots.
Yep, he's a real talent, and a potential steal because of that.

duckhunter

Starter
I actually like Rob Rang's takes quite a bit.

My experience with Rang is I find myself shaking my head yes as I read. He's a decent writer and his spin on a story will capture you. But the player evaluation often doesn't match reality. I've let myself be influenced too much by him at times.

RFIP

He may have wow'd them at the weigh in but here is what SCARES me:

"They may have been opponents in the biggest game of the 2013 season but Auburn's Greg Robinson and Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio both looked like big winners on the first day of the combine.
Robinson, NFLDraftScout.com's No. 4 overall prospect, measured in at a massive 6-foot-5, 332 pounds with 35 inch arms. Kouandjio, was even longer, coming in at 6-foot-6, 322 pounds with 35 and 5/8 inch arms.

Each lack the elite agility to necessarily remain at left tackle early in their respective NFL careers but their length, physicality and aggression in the running game project well as potential right tackle converts. Also working in their favor is the success that the similarly built D.J. Fluker (6-foot-5, 339 pounds, 36 3/8 inch arms) enjoyed as a rookie, after earning the No. 11 overall selection of a year ago."

Please dear God don't draft a RT "convert" with 1A! DRAFT A SURE FIRE STAR WR!!!!!!

Incidentally, this is the exact knock I've heard against Robinson all a long.

He may have wow'd them at the weigh in but here is what SCARES me:

"They may have been opponents in the biggest game of the 2013 season but Auburn's Greg Robinson and Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio both looked like big winners on the first day of the combine.
Robinson, NFLDraftScout.com's No. 4 overall prospect, measured in at a massive 6-foot-5, 332 pounds with 35 inch arms. Kouandjio, was even longer, coming in at 6-foot-6, 322 pounds with 35 and 5/8 inch arms.

Each lack the elite agility to necessarily remain at left tackle early in their respective NFL careers but their length, physicality and aggression in the running game project well as potential right tackle converts. Also working in their favor is the success that the similarly built D.J. Fluker (6-foot-5, 339 pounds, 36 3/8 inch arms) enjoyed as a rookie, after earning the No. 11 overall selection of a year ago."

Please dear God don't draft a RT "convert" with 1A! DRAFT A SURE FIRE STAR WR!!!!!!

Incidentally, this is the exact knock I've heard against Robinson all a long.

Agreed, if you don't think Robinson can be an elite LT don't draft him.