Olympics opening ceremonies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As it says... those are extremely rare cases. Basically a genetic defect.

Interestingly, it talks about the "women" with this rare defect produce way too much of the male hormones (testosterone). That would of course create an extreme unfair advantage too. Almost the same thing as being male and then deciding to make the change. So it is basically the equivalent and should not be allowed either because a "woman" with a Y chromosome isn't truly a full woman.

The chromosome check would prevent the completely unfair advantage and should be a requirement for competing in women's sports. Too bad for the extremely rare XY "women" that may be out there... life ain't fair... but sports are designed to be fair. It's a tough lesson for everyone to learn, but the sooner a person learns this the better.

Almost a man doesn't make her a man. She's not...Russian IBA check or not. There's plenty of articles stating as such. There isn't a need to put quote marks.

As far as advantages she's going to medal this year...at least bronze. If she has this advantage over other women she should win gold easily right? We'll see there. Just googling her career she's a mid to above average boxer. She's lost through other times to women boxers. The way the sensation headlines are making her out she should be this dominant boxer just tearing through the competition except that isn't the case.

Btw I'm not disputing that a man would have an advantage over a woman. But that isn't what's happening here.

I see 2 things that happened:

1. People judged her based on what she looked like and how the Italian boxer reacted.

2. Took the Russian based IBA test and ran with it all over the internet

But she's a woman.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
She was in the Olympics 4 years ago a competing as a woman. She has fought as a woman her entire career. As had been said / not in dominating fashion.

There is a high school kid, Olivier Rioux, who is 7’9. He clearly has a biological advantage in basketball and he is dominating as a result. No one is bitching about him - that’s just sports.

Trans women in sports is unfair - but why is it so hard to admit that maybe the vagina police jumped the gun this time and got it wrong?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
She was in the Olympics 4 years ago a competing as a woman. She has fought as a woman her entire career. As had been said / not in dominating fashion.

There is a high school kid, Olivier Rioux, who is 7’9. He clearly has a biological advantage in basketball and he is dominating as a result. No one is bitching about him - that’s just sports.

Trans women in sports is unfair - but why is it so hard to admit that maybe the vagina police jumped the gun this time and got it wrong?
Once all the details come out, this will be a fascinating story that I would love to read.

I have been waiting for somebody to point out your example which I believe was completely necessary.

I think that where the problem with that comparison loses steam is the xx & xy factor.

If indeed there is a developmental advantage due to the xy genes being there it needs thorough and unbiased investigation.

If the DSD doesn’t show as an advantage in produced testosterone now we still have to ask did it play a part through the growth and development of muscle building during puberty?

Whatever the conclusion is I find it a fascinating story that may find early adopters on the wrong side of.

I guess we will see

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I would wonder why someone with XY would be assigned as a female at birth?

I still contend that there will be people in life who just have an advantage based on body chemistry - the same way they do height, weight, etc. It seems to me that gender assigned at birth is a pretty fair place to draw the line.
If you are so inclined, check out "Swyer syndrome" or "androgen insensitivity syndrome." Some people are born in ways perhaps best described as "intersex".

With "androgen insensitivity syndrome" it sounds like some people are born with female genitalia, so unsurprisingly they are assigned female at birth and grow up as female. But because they are born with XY chromosomes, when they hit puberty, a lot of the male sex characteristics develop.

There's a lot of variations within these conditions-- can range from "complete" to "partial" to "mild".

A lot of grey area in these debates and without easy answers. Unfortunately a line does need to be drawn somewhere.