OL or WR? Looky here...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Getting open, catching the ball, etc. And again - this is not just about last season but also going back to the season before. It would be nice to see Givens score period.

And you don't have to call him a #1 but the fact remains he is the teams top receiver - he gets the most snaps, and its not even close (dam near 200 more than next highest).

You don't have to be big to get open in the endzone - Amendola proved that to us too. you liked to point out his touchdowns and receptions so how does that not come into play here?

And it ain't who got the ball - come on man, there numerous opportunities that givens literally dropped, including one that he could have taken and scored on I think in the niner game.

This team needs a severe upgrade at Wide receiver, and i pray they draft Evans, Watkins, or bring in SOMEONE that is Competent enough to be a starting receiver.

Givens is not a quick slot guy like Amendola whom Bradford consistently locked in on AND the Rams did almost nothing last year to help him get open (combination routes, picks, etc..).

And sure he had some gaffes. But, you keep posting as if Givens is the only WR on the team for some reason. Sure, he got the most snaps. But, who else were they going to put out there as often that was developed enough to play while having a capability to threaten a defense? The rookies (Austin, Bailey)?? A raw but developing Brian Quick?? Pettis?? C'mon.

If the Rams bring in another WR then so be it. I'd prefer a veteran as a rookie is going to have to go through the same learning curve that most here seem to have no patience with now. To post as if we've seen everything we need to see from the young guys on the roster who are still developing makes no sense whatsoever. That along with totally ignoring how the TEs are used in this offense and how it's possible for one of them to be the team's top target.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Because apparently our starting #1 Receiver hasn't seen a touchdown in 22 Games, but yet that's some how supposed to be all on Clemens and the OL? So was that Clemens fault last year that Given's last touchdown was against Arizona (week 11)? Or are we just going to chalk it up to "rookie" year and move on.

Givens was not the #1 WR on the team last year. You want Watkins no one could possibly miss that. You are not convincing anyone that is in disagreement with that want. Just like I'm not convincing any who does not want Matthews.

But you are just making shit up now

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yea, I don't recall this. In 2013, Sam Bradford had the THIRD quickest time to sack behind Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Basically, when Bradford was sacked in 2013, it happened extremely quickly relative to the rest of the league. He wasn't taking a bunch of coverage sacks because our WRs couldn't get open.

Dropped passes are an issue. They do kill drives. I agree with you there. Although, I think that'll improve as Tavon was one of the main culprits with Sam and that was, imo, due to him not being ready to play and thinking too much because he didn't drop a pass after Week 5.

Still, we can't be top 3 in the league again in drops. So Cook, Givens and Quick need to be more consistent with their hands. I trust Pettis, Stedman and Tavon but we'll see if they live up to my trust. That all said, rookie WRs tend to drop passes...even ones with sure hands because they're still in the phase were the game hasn't slowed down and they're thinking too much. So drafting Watkins might not immediately fix that problem. But if we do draft him, I hope it does.

The Rams will always be in the top in dropped passes until Bradford develops some touch. Sometimes those drops are because he has too much on the ball.

iced

Givens was not the #1 WR on the team last year. You want Watkins no one could possibly miss that. You are not convincing anyone that is in disagreement with that want. Just like I'm not convincing any who does not want Matthews.

But you are just making crap up now
lmao yes he was.

Not only was he listed on the depth chart as #1, he also had the most snaps (Which has already been covered).

please do some homework before throwing out an accusation

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
lmao yes he was.

Not only was he listed on the depth chart as #1, he also had the most snaps (Which has already been covered).

please do some homework before throwing out an accusation
Whatever I watched every game he stunk up the field and was losing time to Bailey finally the last few games. You can make up whatever you want I know what I saw I don't care how many snaps he got.

iced

Givens is not a quick slot guy like Amendola whom Bradford consistently locked in on AND the Rams did almost nothing last year to help him get open (combination routes, picks, etc..).

And sure he had some gaffes. But, you keep posting as if Givens is the only WR on the team for some reason. Sure, he got the most snaps.

The rookies (Austin, Bailey)?? A raw but developing Brian Quick?? Pettis?? C'mon.

Because Givens got the most snap counts... I'm not gonna comment on Bailey cause he only played a handful games, and hardly any of them was with Bradford. I'll admit, Bailey looked way better than Givens did (then again, the bars not exactly set high).

If the Rams bring in another WR then so be it. I'd prefer a veteran as a rookie is going to have to go through the same learning curve that most here seem to have no patience with now. To post as if we've seen everything we need to see from the young guys on the roster who are still developing makes no sense whatsoever. That along with totally ignoring how the TEs are used in this offense and how it's possible for one of them to be the team's top target.

You keep bringing up the tight ends yet Givens still got more snaps than them..and I'm not discussing the overall offenseeither, otherwise I'd be more than welcome to discuss Tight end. I'm talking about just receiver (which would open things up more for the Tight end if we actually get a stud and not a dud out there)

But, who else were they going to put out there as often that was developed enough to play while having a capability to threaten a defense?

exactly my point - there isn't one this roster.

you may have faith that they'll develop into a receiver - but I sure as hell don't from what I've seen out of Givens and Quick. And judging by Quick's snap count, neither is the coaching staff.

Last edited:

iced

Whatever I watched every game he stunk up the field and was losing time to Bailey finally the last few games. You can make up whatever you want I know what I saw I don't care how many snaps he got.

Lol I'm not making anything up - you can believe whatever you want.

Can't argue the facts

Givens - 779 (out of 1005), 77.5%
Cook - 718, 71.4%
Pettis - 580, 57.7%
Kendricks - 577, 57.4%
Tavon - 423, 42.1%
Quick - 354, 35.2%
Bailey - 188, 18.7%

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

BTW - Bailey was getting a lot more playing time because of Tavon's injury... The only one here making up crap is you

Givens had more snaps than Bailey in every game Except for the very last one of the season, which was only 1 more snap (which Givens btw still had the 2nd most).

weeks 13/14/15/16/17

Givens - 45/28/35/47/37
Bailey - 22/28/28/40/38

Apparently you did not see how many snaps he got. May wanna work on getting those eyes checked :D

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
And there's the rub. Why are we arguing stats of our WRs after a season led, for the most part, by our BACKUP QB???????????????????????????????

I, for one, think that Bailey, Austin, Givens and Cook can F up a defense just fine if the line holds and the run game keeps the safeties honest. It ALL starts up front. Period. Football 101.
But remember... it isn't Watkins OR fixing the OL.

We can get people to fix the OL later. We can't get a #1 later barring extraordinary luck.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lol I'm not making anything up - you can believe whatever you want.

Can't argue the facts

Givens - 779 (out of 1005), 77.5%
Cook - 718, 71.4%
Pettis - 580, 57.7%
Kendricks - 577, 57.4%
Tavon - 423, 42.1%
Quick - 354, 35.2%
Bailey - 188, 18.7%

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

BTW - Bailey was getting a lot more playing time because of Tavon's injury... The only one here making up crap is you

Givens had more snaps than Bailey in every game Except for the very last one of the season, which was only 1 more snap (which Givens btw still had the 2nd most).

weeks 13/14/15/16/17

Givens - 45/28/35/47/37
Bailey - 22/28/28/40/38

Apparently you did not see how many snaps he got. May wanna work on getting those eyes checked :D

Playing the most snap does not make him the #1 anything except being on the field most. The packages and the fact that the WR corps is so young dictated a lot of those numbers. If anything he was the #1 decoy used for clearing out the secondary because he is fast. Clemens could not possibly throw the ball deep enough to get it to him. And when they did throw to him he either dropped it, jumped unnecessarily, developed alligator arms or quit on the route.

If you are calling him number that just means your analysis is suspect.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams will always be in the top in dropped passes until Bradford develops some touch. Sometimes those drops are because he has too much on the ball.

I have a hard time accepting that one. It's definitely A reason but I don't think it's a big one. Danny Amendola had no issues handling Bradford's passes. Neither does Pettis. Heck, weirdly enough, Cook had 2 drops in 7 games with Bradford and 6 drops in 9 games with Clemens.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But remember... it isn't Watkins OR fixing the OL.

We can get people to fix the OL later. We can't get a #1 later barring extraordinary luck.

Yes, we can. It's no more "extraordinarily lucky" than finding a great OL later on.

iced

Playing the most snap does not make him the #1 anything except being on the field most. The packages and the fact that the WR corps is so young dictated a lot of those numbers. If anything he was the #1 decoy used for clearing out the secondary because he is fast. Clemens could not possibly throw the ball deep enough to get it to him. And when they did throw to him he either dropped it, jumped unnecessarily, developed alligator arms or quit on the route.

If you are calling him number that just means your analysis is suspect.

So the excuse for Givens outstanding lack of production w/ Bradford is on who?
Givens last 12 games with Bradford (this season and last):
-zero touchdowns
-10 out of 12 games he had less than 60 yards, half of those games(6 of 12) he had less than 30 yards

I'm calling him #1 because that's how he's listed, and clearly treated based on the fact that he had the most snaps. Am I saying he is a #1 type ? Hell no. Right now he's a #4 at best.

Anyone who doesn't see the guy who gets the most snaps at a position as the #1 is either blind or has an agenda.

Stacy got most of the snaps at RB - is he not our #1 RB?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I'm calling him #1 because that's how he's listed, and clearly treated based on the fact that he had the most snaps. Am I saying he is a #1 type ? Hell no. Right now he's a #4 at best.

Anyone who doesn't see the guy who gets the most snaps at a position as the #1 is either blind or has an agenda.

Dude you are a guy right you argue like a little girl who just has to get the last word in. You are not convincing me, you are welcome to your opinion.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yes, we can. It's no more "extraordinarily lucky" than finding a great OL later on.
You'll find great guards later a LOT easier than you'll find great receivers later. And that's not even taking having a great OL Coach into account.

I know you disagree, but that's how it is. Outside of making a tackle into a guard (hopefully temporarily), the best guards in this draft are predicted to go a lot later than Top 10.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Chris Long got the most snaps at DE, is he our #1 DE? Rodney McLeod got the most snaps at DB, is he our #1 DB? Chris Williams got the most snaps on our OL, is he the #1 OL?

iced

Dude you are a guy right you argue like a little girl who just has to get the last word in. You are not convincing me, you are welcome to your opinion.

seriously? you're acting like a stubborn little girl, pouting her feet. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but acting like Givens isn't the #1 WR on this team is just ridiculous. And it's not getting the last word in - you accused me of making up crap. I'm just provin' that I'm not.

Alan

Legend
LesBaker feeling the pain:
I see the same thing Les. It effects his completion rate in so many ways. I did see him throw a decent screen pass (1) last year so maybe he's improving the "touch" aspect of his game.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
seriously? you're acting like a stubborn little girl, pouting her feet. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but acting like Givens isn't the #1 WR on this team is just ridiculous. And it's not getting the last word in - you accused me of making up crap. I'm just provin' that I'm not.
You win, of course you are right

iced

Chris Long got the most snaps at DE, is he our #1 DE? Rodney McLeod got the most snaps at DB, is he our #1 DB? Chris Williams got the most snaps on our OL, is he the #1 OL?
Long is #1 RDE, Quinn is #1 LDE... come on jrry - I know what you're trying to do and I know you're smarter than this

You'll find great guards later a LOT easier than you'll find great receivers later. And that's not even taking having a great OL Coach into account.

I know you disagree, but that's how it is. Outside of making a tackle into a guard (hopefully temporarily), the best guards in this draft are predicted to go a lot later than Top 10.

What's your definition of great for a WR? Without naming names, throw out some criteria they must meet.