OL or WR? Looky here...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

For now. But, I haven't read anything that says he's out of the woods yet.
please - they could have gone after alex mack, or even some other centers... but they didn't...

and if there's one thing Fisher has been consistent throughout his career - it's that he has a veteran/older o-line

Memphis Ram

Legend
please - they could have gone after alex mack, or even some other centers... but they didn't...

and if there's one thing Fisher has been consistent throughout his career - it's that he has a veteran/older o-line

Actually, they still could go after Mack if they wanted. If they get any action at all, tagged players (transition or otherwise), typically don't get offers until closer to draft day. And Fisher has had OLines with a few 2nd year starters (Justin Hartwig, Benji Olsen, Kevin Long) and rookies (Michael Roos, Jacob Bell, David Stewart).

BTW, you don't believe that Wells with his cap number would be in trouble if Barrett Jones has a lights out camp?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Do you know for a fact the Rams did not go after Mack or anyone else they thought might be an upgrade over Wells? One of the drawbacks of being a fan on the outside is we do not know all of the details of what is happening behind closed doors.

Is Guard vs Tackle really much different? I think playing guard must be easier and that if someone is proficient at tackle the transition would be pretty easy. Look how Saffold adjusted, it is a small sample size but he seems to have done it seamlessly.

iced

Actually, they still could go after Mack if they wanted. If they get any action at all, tagged players (transition or otherwise), typically don't get offers until closer to draft day. And Fisher has had OLines with a few 2nd year starters (Justin Hartwig, Benji Olsen, Kevin Long) and rookies (Michael Roos, Jacob Bell, David Stewart).

BTW, you don't believe that Wells with his cap number would be in trouble if Barrett Jones has a lights out camp?

I thought Scott wells would have been cut the beginning of the off season, regardless of what jones did.

Do you know for a fact the Rams did not go after Mack or anyone else they thought might be an upgrade over Wells? One of the drawbacks of being a fan on the outside is we do not know all of the details of what is happening behind closed doors.

Is Guard vs Tackle really much different? I think playing guard must be easier and that if someone is proficient at tackle the transition would be pretty easy. Look how Saffold adjusted, it is a small sample size but he seems to have done it seamlessly.

No teams have gone after Mack - that has been a known fact..but at $10m a year, understandably so

Not every player can move inside and outside.

iced

Btw for those who don't think Saffold is our Swing tackle,

Fisher - "We think Rodger can play four different line positions at an exceptionally high level, as he proved this year. He was absolutely dominating whenever he played guard. I think this puts him in an attractive situation as far as free agency."

Alan

Legend
FISHER - I don't think Saffold can play anything but ROG in the NFL so we will be picking a T in the draft.
upload_2014-3-20_13-54-33.jpeg

Good thing Snisher never uses coach speak because fans want to know dammit! :whistle:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No teams have gone after Mack - that has been a known fact..but at $10m a year, understandably so
Known to who? Just throw out a statement like that does not make it a fact. Is the price high yes but there are other things that can be done besides paying full price. Now your just talking to hear yourself.
:jerkoff:

Alan

Legend
iced with this:
You love lookin like an idiot don't you?

blackbart with this:
I love busting you over trying to look superior

This is the kind of stuff that is said at the forums you came from and from which you fled. Are you sure you guys want to start that here?

You know, pretty soon you can run out of places to have civil conversations if you aren't careful.

:coach: Just saying. :cheers:

Memphis Ram

Legend
I thought Scott wells would have been cut the beginning of the off season, regardless of what jones did.

If I were Wells, I'd sleep with one eye open at his cap number. Draft day & training camp changes lives every year.