OL or WR? Looky here...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

I post I came across, may be an eye opener to many:

OL is key, but the Passing game is King. Again I refer peeps to this article.

[thepowerrank.com]

And again, I refer peeps to this OL rank.

[www.profootballfocus.com]

Cards had the worst OL in the league, and they win 10 games.
Seahawks were ranked 26th, and they win the SB.
Colts ranked 24th, playoff team.
Chiefs went from 12th to 20th, yet won 9 more games.

IMO, a good passing game is more important than a dominant OL in getting to the playoffs. What's really missing from our team is a good passing game. Watkins makes the best impact in the most important aspect of the game.

In short... SAMMY WATKINS for 1A!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I post I came across, may be an eye opener to many:

OL is key, but the Passing game is King. Again I refer peeps to this article.

[thepowerrank.com]

And again, I refer peeps to this OL rank.

[www.profootballfocus.com]

Cards had the worst OL in the league, and they win 10 games.
Seahawks were ranked 26th, and they win the SB.
Colts ranked 24th, playoff team.
Chiefs went from 12th to 20th, yet won 9 more games.

IMO, a good passing game is more important than a dominant OL in getting to the playoffs. What's really missing from our team is a good passing game. Watkins makes the best impact in the most important aspect of the game.

In short... SAMMY WATKINS for 1A!

Rodney is that you???

I kid I kid!

I rather have Watkins than Matthews/Robinson right now since we re-signed Saffold. We can still upgrade the line by grabbing a 2nd/3rd rounder tackle/guard to play LG who can be really good.

I'm confused as to who you want in this draft RFIP :confused:, your saying we shouldn't pay any attention to the O line...so that leaves Clowney right? :unsure:

Edit: But Clowney's biggest impact would be getting to the opposing QB, which if you're arguing that O line doesn't matter then D line also shouldn't matter :eek:.

Oh I know, how about a QB?

PhxRam

I'm confused as to who you want in this draft RFIP :confused:, your saying we shouldn't pay any attention to the O line...so that leaves Clowney right? :unsure:

Edit: But Clowney's biggest impact would be getting to the opposing QB, which if you're arguing that O line doesn't matter then D line also shouldn't matter :eek:.

Oh I know, how about a QB?

Lol.. you do have a point.

Simba

Rookie
Seahawks and Chiefs have a running game plane oriented.Cards have big impact in the game with the defense.Just the Colts have got a good passing game attitude.I think you need good lines to develop all your game planes (run or throw), defense or offense.Imo

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wheres that dead horse smiley...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Chiefs are a Jamal Charles first team and Seattle is a run first team. The AFC sucks in generally when compared to the NFC. Those OL's can run block, now.

Colts are just lucky their schedule was weak.

iced

call me crazy but a #1 WR (watkins/evans) does more for this team now and the next 3-5 years than Tackle/converted guard... especially for Sammy

Alan

Legend
upload_2014-3-13_19-36-37.jpeg
:LOL:
upload_2014-3-13_19-37-3.jpeg
upload_2014-3-13_19-37-18.jpeg
upload_2014-3-13_19-38-8.jpeg
images

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
As of now, this is what I want:
1a: Watkins/Robinson
1a: Pryor/Dix
2: Best lineman (Yankey/Jackson/Su'falio (don't feel like looking up his name haha))

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Saffold re-signing and us keeping Wells, I think the need for Matthews/Robinson/Watkins is about equal. I'd go for Matthews because I rate him the highest of them all but at this point, all three are excellent options...as is Clowney.

Regardless, you're not going to get anywhere with me trying to argue that WRs are more important than the OL.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seahawks and Chiefs have a running game plane oriented.Cards have big impact in the game with the defense.Just the Colts have got a good passing game attitude.I think you need good lines to develop all your game planes (run or throw), defense or offense.Imo

Yet these stats PROVE otherwise?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm a Watkins guy, but the problem with these stats is that they're ignoring defenses, which I knew was a huge factor for Seattle.

And guys... if pro Watkins threads are "dead horses", so are pro Robinson/Matthews threads. Can't have it both ways.

I'd honestly be happy if all of us could say as a board "I have my preference, but I can see the positives to both arguments. Since none of us have a vote, we'll just see what happens."