OFFICIAL OL injuries and recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO, the Rams just haven't invested enough in OL recently. Of course we had big Whit who was the rock at LT. The Rams started 10-0 in McVay's 2nd season but since Whitworth retired, our O line has been shaky.

I AGREE!! It started though by Drafting Brian Allen an Under Sized Center/Guard !!

If you look back at My First Thread it was about WHIT(nessing) TEAM LEADERSHIP !! I was there & what I saw was actually amazing as a RAMS FAN & Where THE RAMS & Chargers are TODAY !!

I’m a realist though.The BIGGEST mistake & what makes The BRAIN ALLEN draft PICK so BAD ?? Is what it did to The RAMS ORGANIZATION!!!

YOU CAN CRY (Ram Fans),but I’m(wrong) try to tell it like it is.
This Point though I’m NOT!!

WHERE’S BONIFYD ??? He was ALWAYS my MAN !!!We went at it all the time.(hope he is alive)

JOHN SULLIVAN getting CUT !!! Now Mcvay (SNEAD) McSnead has Real ANAL-LICK-ITS!!! They are going to have to LICK there wounds.

If you want I can get into it & The RAMS HISTORY under Sean Mcvay. I know there are some that know certain things better than myself & correct me.

I’ll leave it at this though. YOU CAN’T say this 2024 SEASON that THE RAMS didn’t SPEND & this Offensive Line wasn’t built for success?? Then again maybe you CAN !! POOR SHELTON w/ Da Bears.

ACTUALLY I’d you did say THE RAMS didn’t & haven’t built this O’Line for success!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I get way to into it,but I would love to have known about Ryan Wendell
were he was going right after the End of Ram Fans Ooen Training Camp ? I told him that he was doing an Excellent Job & he Had some tough CUTS to make.

That all said INJURIES has been key to losing upfront.

LOVE ME some Beaux LIMMER !! That’s were it starts.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Alaric might not be a good LT, but he is far far better than anyone we have tried there so far this season. We will take average as an improvement.

Good news: you are correct. He will be the best LT the Rams have played so far. He might just have a little extra umph coming back from suspension.

Bad news: AJ hasn’t exactly Ben the poster child for stability either. I do not expect him to play 15 straight games.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So what's our OL looking like now?

LT - Jackson
LG -Mclendon
OC - Limmer
RG - Dotson
RT - Havenstein

That doesn't look too bad if I didn't forget an injury.

Bruss might get the call over McClendon at LG. After all, should either Havenstein or AJ go down, McClendon is now the swing Tackle.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Weak ass fans if you ask me. I get if you can't make the game but selling them for the sake of selling them is some weak shit.

Tell me about it. Those are weak fans indeed. I have only seen Rams/9er games at old candlestick park—many of them.
I had to sit through some lean years and awful performances, but I went, especially when it was the last games at candlestick. We were so bad, it wasn’t even worth the fans giving me shit. In the 80’s, when both teams were good, it was much rougher.

…but these fans can’t even show up for a home game? Even worse is their accommodating 9er fans to get back $$ on their season tickets. Those aren’t fans. Not to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bruss might get the call over McClendon at LG. After all, should either Havenstein or AJ go down, McClendon is now the swing Tackle.
God help us.
Yeah, I was disappointed with McClendon's play. In fairness, he only played RT at Georgia and it is a huge difference as it appears that the Rams need Jackson to stay healthy because they do not have any other options. In fact, if something were to happen to Jackson, I believe the Rams would go with Geron Christian over McClendon.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah, I was disappointed with McClendon's play. In fairness, he only played RT at Georgia and it is a huge difference as it appears that the Rams need Jackson to stay healthy because they do not have any other options. In fact, if something were to happen to Jackson, I believe the Rams would go with Geron Christian over McClendon.
That would not surprise me. McClendon wasn't exactly great vs Detroit either btw. He just had been gameplanned (moreso than Boom who they trusted going into the game) to get help and chips but still gave up some quick pressures. None of his drops felt like he had control.

But he was worse at LT. And again the Cards are not strong on the edge. Collins is better all around than as a rusher. His rush is not great but we made him look good. Makes me wonder if McClendon struggles flipping his feet. So yeah I could see that.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
So, now Avila and JJ are on injured reserve, meaning we’ll miss two of our starters for the next game. If Hav, Alaric, and Dotson can stay healthy (and that's a big "if" since all three are already banged up), we still need two somewhat decent players to replace Avila and Jonah. The problem is, based on what I’ve seen from our backups, we might not have two decent options. Limmer and McLendon looked terrible last Sunday. Who else do we have? Bruss? What about those three guys we signed last week?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, now Avila and JJ are on injured reserve, meaning we’ll miss two of our starters for the next game. If Hav, Alaric, and Dotson can stay healthy (and that's a big "if" since all three are already banged up), we still need two somewhat decent players to replace Avila and Jonah. The problem is, based on what I’ve seen from our backups, we might not have two decent options. Limmer and McLendon looked terrible last Sunday. Who else do we have? Bruss? What about those three guys we signed last week?
Limmer had a bad week but it was just his first start. He's a good project so I expect he'll keep getting the reps.

Bruss is next up. I wish Leviston wasn't hurt. I think he's a gem in the making.

dang

Legend
I’m a diehard Rams fan so I’m used to periods of disappointment. Hind sight 20/20 I believe the offensive problems started when they 1) counted on Ajax at LT 2) messed with Avila. I would have liked to have seen: FA Left LT/Avila LG/JJax OC/Dotson RG/Hav RT. Time to figure out now what to get for next year. I believe we only get Stafford thru next year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And ... WR Quintez Cephus (former 5th round pick by Detroit) was added to the PS / veteran protected
...FUCK.

No. No! NO!

HE'S A FUCKING CONVICTED RAPIST, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
...FUCK.

No. No! NO!

HE'S A FUCKING CONVICTED RAPIST, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!!!
Serious / Legit Question.
I had no prior knowledge of any legal issues related to Cephus. After seeing your response, I did a quick search, and see that he was tried for sexual assault in 2019 but was acquitted.
Did I miss something, or do you have any additional information?

Memento

Name
Jemma
I had no prior knowledge of any legal issues related to Cephus. After seeing your response, I did a quick search, and see that he was tried for sexual assault in 2019 but was acquitted.

Legit answer: just because he was acquitted does not mean he didn't do it: rape cases are notoriously hard to convict for a variety of reasons. Acquittal like what happened with Cephus does not mean he didn't date-rape those two then-eighteen-year-old girls; it means the evidence was bad (most rape kits are stored for years until they degrade; obviously not what happened here) or the victim(s) didn't wish to cooperate or couldn't remember (which is what happened here: both girls were too drunk to give consent and couldn't remember). The case was not "dismissed with prejudice", which would - almost without a doubt - mean he was innocent.

I believe he's a fucking rapist, and I'm beyond disappointed that we signed him.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake

No, he was acquitted. You know how people are even if someone is found innocent or acquitted they still scream from the hilltops

Memento

Name
Jemma
No, he was acquitted. You know how people are even if someone is found innocent or acquitted they still scream from the hilltops

See my answer. You believe Brock Turner (the Stanford swimmer) was innocent as well? It is notoriously difficult to prosecute rape cases, as I'm sure anyone with a legal mind ( @jrry32 ) can tell you.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
See my answer. You believe Brock Turner (the Stanford swimmer) was innocent as well? It is notoriously difficult to prosecute rape cases, as I'm sure anyone with a legal mind ( @jrry32 ) can tell you.

Yeah I really don't care for calling someone a rapist when they were acquitted. Whether he paid someone off to go away or it was just a money grab from the victim. Both are equally possible outcomes.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Legit answer: just because he was acquitted does not mean he didn't do it: rape cases are notoriously hard to convict for a variety of reasons. Acquittal like what happened with Cephus does not mean he didn't date-rape those two then-eighteen-year-old girls; it (MAY) means the evidence was bad (most rape kits are stored for years until they degrade; obviously not what happened here) or the victim(s) didn't wish to cooperate or couldn't remember (which is what happened here: both girls were too drunk to give consent and couldn't remember). The case was not "dismissed with prejudice", which would - almost without a doubt - mean he was innocent.

I believe he's a fucking rapist, and I'm beyond disappointed that we signed him.

I pretty much agree with the comments in-bold above. Those are reasonable comments.

The exception ... and reason for my question ... is that you stated in your initial response ...
"HE'S A FUCKING CONVICTED RAPIST"

That's just not a factually accurate statement.