OFFICIAL OL injuries and recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If his contract demands are reasonable and he plays well this year, bring him back and at worst he could be the future RT when they hopefully find that elite LT prospect over the next two years.

Do you realize how happy that would make Old-Not-Dead?!?!

He has been predicting Rob Havenstein's departure for the past six years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since we're a contender and since I don't trust AJ I think that's the best combo. Then you can start AJ if necessary, but the plan would be to prep the kid from day one in camp on that left side and even if he redshirts you have an answer to not get the QB killed.

I don't think a 2-3 year deal at 10-12 million is even remotely gonna do it. But if AJ would take that then yeah I could see it.
You're right, a serviceable OLT in free agency will get a better deal than that. I agree then that having the franchise tag in the back pocket is the play. He could gain a lot of long term trust level over the next 15+ weeks if his play (and health) keeps up

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From what I have seen thus far on the draft sites, it's not a great LT draft. Not like last year's draft. The 1st rd OTs appear to be more RT types as many of them are listed as potential OGs... So they don't seem like your elite LT types in pass protection.
Yeah, it’s not always easy to just go and get a certain position to fill a need, every offseason. It’s usually harder at a premiere spot. Quality left tackles don’t fall from the sky in most years. When a good one hits the draft they usually are gone in the top ten.

muggmeister

Starter
Injuries happen, but why did we pay for 2 injury prone o-linemen (Noteboom and Jackson)? Imagine if we could have turned those dollars into 1 Jalen Ramsey? Wait, we could have once upon a time. Just a random thought that crossed my slightly drunk mind today.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it’s not always easy to just go and get a certain position to fill a need, every offseason. It’s usually harder at a premiere spot. Quality left tackles don’t fall from the sky in most years. When a good one hits the draft they usually are gone in the top ten.
Don't forget about some free agent LT that might not want to play for his team anymore and might like the idea of playing in LA with Mcvay and Stafford. Hey... we can hope, right?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Don't forget about some free agent LT that might not want to play for his team anymore and might like the idea of playing in LA with Mcvay and Stafford. Hey... we can hope, right?
Took a quick look at pending free agent Left Tackles.

Best of the bunch seem to be ...
Browns' Jedrick Wills (likely to be Franchise tagged if not extended but Cleveland may be cap strapped)
Broncos' Garrett Boles (will be 34 in 2025)
Ravens' Ronnie Stanley (will be 32 in 2025, but he makes Joe Noteboom look durable)

After that, I think Alaric Jackson is the best of the pending free agent LTs unless you like Cam Robinson of the Jaguars, and he will be 31 next year.

There could be a trade option but if the Left Tackle is any good, that might cost the Rams their #1 pick.

Just saying that it's really difficult to identify and add a quality LT.