Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Absolutely no D is going to look good when they're kept on the field for 19 minutes and their O only mustered 2 whole firsts downs a whole half.

Great defenses don't allow teams to sustain drives. They get off the field and give the ball back to the offense.

We don't have a great defense. Not yet at least. Talent is there but they make too many mistakes just like last season. Yes it would be nice for the offense to help. But we have a defensive head coach. We have a defense loaded with high picks and enormous talent. We have a top DC who has won it all in that role. They need to get themselves off the field when the offense is struggling.

Oh and other teams do it. Teams that have great defenses punt it, play field position, and the defense gets off the effing field on their own merit. It does happen and should with this defense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even the Jaguars look good today. Bortles is looking amazing. I told all my Jags friends, he's going to be inconsistent over the first half of this season but he'll step up over the second half...and then he'll break out in his 3rd year and they'll be going to the playoffs.

You can't teach his poise when the heat is on.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Excuses. They gave up a TD on a 3 running plays for the first TD. The defense could not stop the run long before they were gassed.
Before they were gassed?

They had literally been on the field for over 3 minutes on the first drive, then the Rams gave them a little over a minute of rest before they were back out there.

There wasn't any before they were gassed. The O takes 99% of the blame for today, they didn't show up and they gave no rest to the D. No team is going to win when the other has 37 minutes of 60 to their name.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great defenses don't allow teams to sustain drives. They get off the field and give the ball back to the offense.

We don't have a great defense. Not yet at least. Talent is there but they make too many mistakes just like last season. Yes it would be nice for the offense to help. But we have a defensive head coach. We have a defense loaded with high picks and enormous talent. We have a top DC who has won it all in that role. They need to get themselves off the field when the offense is struggling.

Oh and other teams do it. Teams that have great defenses punt it, play field position, and the defense gets off the effing field on their own merit. It does happen and should with this defense.

Truth.

The Redskins defense got off the field. Why wasn't their defense gassed? Oh right, they stopped our offense from moving the ball.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before they were gassed?

They had literally been on the field for over 3 minutes on the first drive, then the Rams gave them a little over a minute of rest before they were back out there.

There wasn't any before they were gassed. The O takes 99% of the blame for today, they didn't show up and they gave no rest to the D. No team is going to win when the other has 37 minutes of 60 to their name.

Yes, before they were gassed. If you're gassed by the second drive of the first quarter, you're out of shape. Why wasn't the Redskins defense gassed? Oh right, they got stops.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

Defenses get tired, there's no arguing that. You can say they can get off of their own merit, but eventually they're going to get gassed.

I think it'll be hard work to find me one great D that continued to look great when their O put in a terrible effort and barely got 20 minutes in the game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I want to say that I'm glad we lost to the Redskins so we will never overlook another team this season, BUT GODDAMMIT THE GREAT TEAMS DON'T LOOK PAST INFERIOR TEAMS AND THEY CERTAINLY DON'T PLAY LIKE freaking GARBAGE AGAINST THEM!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Well deserved win, Washington. You earned.

Well, we're not a great team. And until we win more than 7 games we're not even a good team. 8 wins is average. Each win above that is better than average progressively. Each win below that is below average progressively. We've been a below average team and we're not any better so far.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Connor Cook was getting a lot of hype. I haven't paid much attention to him thus far this season, though.

We have Connor Cook right now. Way too inconsistent. Very low completion percentage. I also thought he'd be special. MSU will be in the hunt but please don't spend our #1 on Connor Cook. OSU even looked tuurible so I'm not sure about Bosa to spell C. Long when we lose Hayes in FA'cy. I want a real LB and someone already posted his name. Think it was Jerry as he is a major Draftnik. Would love to have a beer or two with him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Yes, before they were gassed. If you're gassed by the second drive of the first quarter, you're out of shape. Why wasn't the Redskins defense gassed? Oh right, they got stops.
Yeah they got stops, exactly. Because our O put in a miserable effort. There's no comparison in having to stop an offense that actually came to play to an O getting ripped apart, throwing terribly, stopping nobody, getting no runs and then punting 5 times in a row.

Getting gassed after 3 minutes of play and then a minute of rest is understandable, no way comparable to done in under a minute while putting in thin effort to beat up an O that was already kicking it's own ass.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah they got stops, exactly. Because our O put in a miserable effort. There's no comparison in having to stop an offense that actually came to play to an O getting ripped apart, throwing terribly, stopping nobody, getting no runs and then punting 5 times in a row.

Getting gassed after 3 minutes of play and then a minute of rest is understandable, no way comparable to done in under a minute while putting in thin effort to beat up an O that was already kicking it's own ass.

After 3 minutes of play? Are you kidding me? You're claiming they were gassed after 3 TOTAL minutes of play in the game? Come on dude.

Yeah, they got stops...because their defense made our O look miserable. That's the difference. They got stops on defense. We didn't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have Connor Cook right now. Way too inconsistent. Very low completion percentage. I also thought he'd be special. MSU will be in the hunt but please don't spend our #1 on Connor Cook. OSU even looked tuurible so I'm not sure about Bosa to spell C. Long when we lose Hayes in FA'cy. I want a real LB and someone already posted his name. Think it was Jerry as he is a major Draftnik. Wold love to have a beer or two with him.

Not on Sundays. The Rams tend to put me in a very bad mood. ;)

I agree. I think a guy like Jaylon Smith or Scooby Wright (or Myles Jack) at Mike changes this defense entirely.

But I also think we need a QB of the future. Here's hoping Foles steps up.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Defenses get tired, there's no arguing that. You can say they can get off of their own merit, but eventually they're going to get gassed.

I think it'll be hard work to find me one great D that continued to look great when their O put in a terrible effort and barely got 20 minutes in the game.

Ok. You think a great defense needs a good offense. Got it and no probs, we disagree brother.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
CPXa5SkUEAER39q.jpg

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Qbs have been completing too many passes at a high completion % rate. Next week Big Ben comes in. If the rush is not there it will be an ugly game.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Fisher can take his mustache and fuck himself with it for that piss poor excuse of a gameplan. Our O-line obviously hasnt learned shit from going against our D-line in practice everyday. I haven't seen anything this pathetic since the finale of Dexter.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
After 3 minutes of play? Are you kidding me? You're claiming they were gassed after 3 TOTAL minutes of play in the game? Come on dude.

Yeah, they got stops...because their defense made our O look miserable. That's the difference. They got stops on defense. We didn't.
Yeah, football's not exactly an easy sport to play. 3 minutes might not seem like a lot sitting on our asses and complaining, but when you're out there hustling your ass off and trying to make plays that shit piles up. Why do you think they always have a laugh when a DT or some d big boy gets a long run going about how he needs oxygen, and plays like that only last for seconds. I'm not trying to say they're 100% guilt free, but to say they were equally to blame for the bad game isn't true.

Ok. You think a great defense needs a good offense. Got it and no probs, we disagree brother.
Not good, even mediocre will do as the Ravens have attested to, but our offense wasn't even mediocre. It was just plain horrible. When one facet of the ball is just fucking terrible, you're not going to win no matter how good you are, just ask those Packers with number 1 ranked offenses that got pushed out of the playoffs when their D was relied on to do something.