Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Coaching fail, all around.

Both lines got manhandled, literally, the whole game.

Jared Cook, really?

Nick Foles, wow, what the hell was that? You, not only were WAY off target, 99% of the game, but you kept running right into pressure, instead of stepping up in the pocket.

Alec Ogletree, hell of a wasted effort, because nobody else on the team, truly showed up.

Already deleted it off my DVR, no reviewing of this game for me.

One of the poorest overall performances by a talented team, that I can remember. I'm embarrassed for them.

Yup. Well summed up.

V3

Hall of Fame
I really can't stand our OTs. I'm really trying to contain myself with regards to GRob. He's just horrible. He hasn't improved at all. Havenstein's ceiling is going to be fairly low when he plays as high as he does and has feet that slow. The rest of the line took turns to shit their pants.

I'm getting pretty tired of the same old song from Fisher, too. He's had four years, tons of high picks, lots of money for FA, and tons of money for all the coaches he's wanted. There's no excuse for this kind of crap at this point.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really want to vent about Cook and Britt with their stupidity and unwillingness to block or catch. Really want to vent about Jenkins being beat almost all game. Really want to vent about all of our stupid penalties. Really want to vent about coaching. Really want to vent about how I was proven completely wrong about this team. But there's one guy that I want cut right freaking now: Isaiah Pead.

How DARE you start laughing when they call that penalty on you and make Hekker have to re-kick a perfect freaking punt?! Do you understand how utterly PISSED Hekker looked when he had to re-kick the freaking ball for a third freaking time? Did you perhaps notice that he didn't stop to give you any love on the sidelines? He gave love to Hager and Marquez. He freaking ignored you, you piece of giant Tyrannosaurus crap! Because you were laughing about your idiocy while Hekker was looking and screaming at you, you freaking ASS!

If Fisher doesn't cut this guy tomorrow and put Malcolm Brown or a cornerback in, I'm done. You have to send a message that this kind of crap isn't okay in the slightest.

Oh man, don't even get me started on Cook. That dude is the biggest overpaid piece of garbage on this team. He has zero catch radius, lacks focus, and when the going gets tough the dude disappears or drops passes. Kendricks made a very nice grab on a high pass and tbh needs to be more of a focal point in this offense. If I'm Cigs I am starting to design plays for the Steelers game with a lot less Cook.

Britt same deal. Love that deep pass but you know what? He's not a starter. Dude is not better than Bailey. For the love of God please start getting Bailey some MFing snaps with him as an early read option Cigs!!!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Really want to vent about Cook and Britt with their stupidity and unwillingness to block or catch. Really want to vent about Jenkins being beat almost all game. Really want to vent about all of our stupid penalties. Really want to vent about coaching. Really want to vent about how I was proven completely wrong about this team. But there's one guy that I want cut right freaking now: Isaiah Pead.

How DARE you start laughing when they call that penalty on you and make Hekker have to re-kick a perfect freaking punt?! Do you understand how utterly PISSED Hekker looked when he had to re-kick the freaking ball for a third freaking time? Did you perhaps notice that he didn't stop to give you any love on the sidelines? He gave love to Hager and Marquez. He freaking ignored you, you piece of giant Tyrannosaurus crap! Because you were laughing about your idiocy while Hekker was looking and screaming at you, you freaking ASS!

If Fisher doesn't cut this guy tomorrow and put Malcolm Brown or a cornerback in, I'm done. You have to send a message that this kind of crap isn't okay in the slightest.

I was thinking the same thing. He needs to be cut tomorrow. Give Brown a chance with some carries until Watts comes back. We know what Pead is: a fumble risk every time he touches the ball, a guy who hardly ever gets to the 20 on kick returns, and clearly a guy who doesn't take his job seriously by laughing at his mistakes. I'm done with him.

V3

Hall of Fame
Repost from original thread:

I honestly believe that we were a little out coached today. The penalties (personal fouls and encroachment) are specifically mental and not on the coaching staff; and I realize that. However, after half time, after we were punched in the mouth, we responded and started playing the defense we saw in week one. We scored 10 unanswered, the Redskins adjusted, and we did not make a change after that. The Defense, Although giving up millions of rushing yards, kept us from getting blown out. Nick Foles was running out of the pocket, if there was one, and throwing behind receivers all game. Why? First, the protection was very inconsistent and we did not use a "Max protect " formation once. The short game was nonexistent; the running game was nonexistent; the passing game was mediocre at best. I do not believe that our players were put into successful positions to win this game. We were completely off-balanced every snap so it seems. One thing is for sure, the defense was playing hard all game and like I said, kept us in this game to even have a chance.

Maybe I'm just frustrated a little bit, it's always a combination of reasons why you get beat.

At the end of the day, we have a lot of work to do and this week will undoubtably stir up the "same ole' Rams" comments. (I'd hate to be on 'Rams Talk')

Sigh.

Sorry, but when penalties are a major issue every year, it most certainly is on the coaching staff. Fisher just doesn't care. His teams have always been near the top of the league in penalties.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cook was our leading WR week 1 and week 2, yet he's the fall guy?

I don't get it.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's hard to play defense when you're on the field for a majority of the game.

I am so effing tired of that excuse. The defense can get off the field on their own instead of routinely letting teams drive the field before stiffening. Fact is we have a "bend but don't break" unit that thinks they can wake up once they get on their side of the field and today it burnt them. Seattle was the same deal, they stiffened at the last minute.

Again, though, and not taking anything away from a Skins team that played their hearts out... But the defense should be a lot better. Mid game when they actually started to stuff the run and put them in third and long all of a sudden things started to turn our way. But then back to poor lane discipline and tackling.

It's not a surprise either man. Was the same thing last year. Fish babies these guys to avoid injury and they need 6+ games until they start really playing to their capabilities. It starts at the top, it's basics and lack of work on the basics not scheme. IMO.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where was Benny of last week? Can we have him and played him more this week?

Dropped all of the chances he got. And ran into a pile on 3rd and 1. Benny is a complementary back and just had a bad day

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna talk some crazy talk, here. Are the Redskins a sleeper? Good defense, strong running game, and a solid QB. Not to mention they've looked better than the Giants the last two weeks.

Team looked uncomfortable on that loose grass, too.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Cook was our leading WR week 1 and week 2, yet he's the fall guy?

I don't get it.
Me neither, guy is the only thing keeping us in it lately, but he's going to get dragged through the wringer for today?

Ever since that shove people have been out to get him, regardless of the reality of how worse we'd be without him.

Rainram

Starter
Time of Possession this game...
37:44 minutes to 22:16 minutes....We got owned.

V3

Hall of Fame
Coaching fail, all around.

Both lines got manhandled, literally, the whole game.

Jared Cook, really?

Nick Foles, wow, what the hell was that? You, not only were WAY off target, 99% of the game, but you kept running right into pressure, instead of stepping up in the pocket.

Alec Ogletree, hell of a wasted effort, because nobody else on the team, truly showed up.

Already deleted it off my DVR, no reviewing of this game for me.

One of the poorest overall performances by a talented team, that I can remember. I'm embarrassed for them.

IMO, his performance is a symptom of a horrible O-line. Foles doesn't trust them to do their job, whether intentional or not. When you're worried you're going to get hit every time you go back, your internal clock gets shorter, you stop looking down field, you rush your mechanics, don't set your feet, and lose accuracy. I'm not absolving him of his performance but it's hard to put much blame on him when the O-line was a steaming puddle of liquid shit in both the running and passing game. Heck, how can you even get play action to work when the run game is so horrible that no one bites on it?

Lesson

Oh, really?
I am so effing tired of that excuse. The defense can get off the field on their own instead of routinely letting teams drive the field before stiffening. Fact is we have a "bend but don't break" unit that thinks they can wake up once they get on their side of the field and today it burnt them. Seattle was the same deal, they stiffened at the last minute.

Again, though, and not taking anything away from a Skins team that played their hearts out... But the defense should be a lot better. Mid game when they actually started to stuff the run and put them in third and long all of a sudden things started to turn our way. But then back to poor lane discipline and tackling.

It's not a surprise either man. Was the same thing last year. Fish babies these guys to avoid injury and they need 6+ games until they start really playing to their capabilities. It starts at the top, it's basics and lack of work on the basics not scheme. IMO.

I don't see how it can't be viewed as an excuse. If you are going onto the field with little rest, you're playing tired. Which impacts performance.