Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree but they eventually caught on and Cignetti had nothing to answer with. Very sad after we crowned Cig as WC OC.

I don't know that they did. They stopped Givens but the edge was there. I think Austin would have gotten the edge on that play.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We'll go in 3-2.

I was really hoping jrry but the Steelers but up 48 on what I thought was still a really good 49er D.
We play better at home and I HOPE Gurely starts or at least gets some good carries.
But if you've watched Pitt play at all their OL gives big Ben all day. If we don't get pressure like we did today we're in trouble.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not giving the line a flyer, but Foles has to play better. He did the same thing last week, ran into pressures, and that doesn't help the line, either. They will have to work better together.
I actually thought Foles made the O-line look A LOT better than it was against the Seahawks. This week wasn't the case. Part of that is because Foles just played worse and the other bigger issue, IMO, is that the O-line was even worse than last week.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I actually thought Foles made the O-line look A LOT better than it was against the Seahawks. This week wasn't the case. Part of that is because Foles just played worse and the other bigger issue, IMO, is that the O-line was even worse than last week.
Well, I'll never know, because I will never re-watch this game again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was really hoping jrry but the Steelers but up 48 on what I thought was still a really good 49er D.
We play better at home and I HOPE Gurely starts or at least gets some good carries.
But if you've watched Pitt play at all their OL gives big Ben all day. If we don't get pressure like we did today we're in trouble.

They won't expect it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lYBVi3ALWA

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Honestly I know I'm pretty emotional right now, but I just don't see this team ever improving enough to justify Fisher sticking around. If we don't make the playoffs he's done imo. Excuses year after year. I want results. I don't want a team that looks like a Super Bowl contender one week and looks like an FCS team the next. Same players making the same mistakes and some things (like the penalties) will never change.

So who would you like if Fisher is in fact fired in January?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm not giving the line a flyer, but Foles has to play better. He did the same thing last week, ran into pressures, and that doesn't help the line, either. They will have to work better together.

Your placing the majority of the blame on Foles and that's bullshit. Many times he gave himself more time by escaping the pocket and nobody got open for him. The poor guy had NO time in the pocket. So yeah, some passes were off target. But let's not mention the two big drops by Cook, at least two by Benny and yes, even one by the guy that can do no wrong Sted Bailey. That O line was shit. And so was the receiving core. There's only so much a QB can do with no time and nobody to throw too. And it doesn't help, that we had to abandon our run game because the defense couldn't stop the run to save their lives, and made Cousins look like Tom Brady. It's a lot easier shutting down an offense with a big lead, especially since the offense has to be one dimensional.

F. Mulder

Starter
I don't know that they did. They stopped Givens but the edge was there. I think Austin would have gotten the edge on that play.
Very surprised he was caught by a LBer on that play. Had the potential to be much bigger.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
How good is this defense? I really don't know. They have playmakers for sure...but whether it's scheme or players or whatever--they are not a top 10 defense. Those defenses do not have games like this. I don't know what they are--except inconsistent. That won't work in the NFL except maybe to get to .500 every year.

The offense? Non-existent. I really think Fisher is hoping that Gurley is good enough to cover for a bad offense and a really bad offensive line.

We'll see.

This inconsistency ultimately rests with the coaching staff. Fisher owns it.

How good is this defense? I think Fisher said it best this week; "they're not dominant yet."
I also think those believing that Gurley is somehow a magical answer for all that ails this team are.....well, never mind. :cautious:

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Two big plays to me:

Dropped interception by Johnson. That would have swung momentum a lot earlier in the game. Rams get at least a field goal out of that more than likely.

3 & 13 and Rams have a five yard penalty. Skins on the next play get 9 yards and a first down instead of punting. They go on to score on that drive.

The good teams don't screw those up more often than not. Teams like the Rams seem to fall short on them more often than not.

V3

Hall of Fame
That looks an awful lot like our OLs when they're pass blocking.
IDK, the dog might have quicker feet than some of them. Look how low he gets, too. I don't think we'd have to worry about him playing high.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

Totally agree and Foles was hearing Footsteps when he was free to throw. I do agree our WR's are pitifull at seperation and when the QB is in trouble you RUN back to the QB giving him a squared up target. Our guys just stop after running bad fly routes . I bet on Saints to win against Bucs who stunk last week. Then I bet on Titans who looked hot last week with Mariota against Browns who looked like hot Garbage last week. That was ALL my ROD$. 13,000 . OUCH! No more betting for this Ole man. Lots of parity this season. Teams that can throw fast like Broncos and Pats look hard to beat.

F. Mulder

Starter
Minor point, either the Skins punter perfected the 30 yard punt with the always lucky 15 yard bounce that nobody could field. I wish Austin would have moved up more and take the chance the guy over kicks him because on some of those short ones even a fair catch would have resulted in 15 yards positive gains in a lot of instances.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, its a little premature to talk about a coaching change 2 games in when we're 1-1. And who really expected more than 8 wins anyway?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Minor point, either the Skins punter perfected the 30 yard punt with the always lucky 15 yard bounce that nobody could field.

Yeah, that was ridiculous again and again.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Your placing the majority of the blame on Foles and that's bullcrap. Many times he gave himself more time by escaping the pocket and nobody got open for him. The poor guy had NO time in the pocket. So yeah, some passes were off target. But let's not mention the two big drops by Cook, at least two by Benny and yes, even one by the guy that can do no wrong Sted Bailey. That O line was crap. And so was the receiving core. There's only so much a QB can do with no time and nobody to throw too. And it doesn't help, that we had to abandon our run game because the defense couldn't stop the run to save their lives, and made Cousins look like Tom Brady. It's a lot easier shutting down an offense with a big lead, especially since the offense has to be one dimensional.
So, actually I didn't do that at all. I summarized the game in an earlier post. Foles was horrible though. Thanks for calling my opinion bullshit, BTW.