Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, football's not exactly an easy sport to play. 3 minutes might not seem like a lot sitting on our asses and complaining, but when you're out there hustling your ass off and trying to make plays that crap piles up. Why do you think they always have a laugh when a DT or some d big boy gets a long run going about how he needs oxygen, and plays like that only last for seconds. I'm not trying to say they're 100% guilt free, but to say they were equally to blame for the bad game isn't true.

I'm assuming you played? I've also played. Our defense was on the field for four plays during the first drive. If you were a coach and a kid told you he was gassed after 4 plays and then 1+ minutes on the bench, what would you say to him?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think its pretty clear the defense did not play like a top ten defense. They didn't look like a top 16 defense either. They played poorly. Lost individual matchups. Got beat in the trenches. They also looked a step slower than the redskins offense. If they were tired they were tired from the start.

The offense was what many of us feared after the preseason. Overwhelmed by players better than them. They might get better down the road, but for now they're unit with serious deficiencies. The receivers are bottom tier. They can't get open and their hands are suspect. And Foles is not accurate enough to give them easy catches.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think its pretty clear the defense did not play like a top ten defense. They didn't look like a top 16 defense either. They played poorly. Lost individual matchups. Got beat in the trenches. They also looked a step slower than the redskins offense. If they were tired they were tired from the start.

The offense was what many of us feared after the preseason. Overwhelmed by players better than them. They might get better down the road, but for now they're unit with serious deficiencies. The receivers are bottom tier. They can't get open and their hands are suspect. And Foles is not accurate enough to give them easy catches.

Eh. I don't know about the WRs. Hard to tell on the TV. But there were plays to be made. WRs (and Bennie) missed some...but Foles missed a lot.

V3

Hall of Fame
So then you could also blame Snead too for drafting character guys?
Considering Fisher's teams have been this way going back to Tennessee, I'm not sure I can blame Snead for penalties. Coaches are the ones that instill discipline. Dick Vermeil has even said as much. If a player messes up repeatedly, most coaches stop playing them to send them a message.

F. Mulder

Starter
Not going to harp too much because I have such a mixture of disappointment and deja vu.

The Rams defense seemed slow all day. I thought JL had a poor game and guys almost looked to be avoiding tackles

There's JJ going for any type of token fake and letting someone get behind them again

The Redskins ran the same running play over and over to the Rams right side. Have no idea who is to blame but at some point you have to make adjustments.

This was the "Bad Nick" today without question. He looked skittish and had some plays out there to be made but just was way off.

Way to be a leader Kenny Britt. You score to get back in the game and you have the balls to taunt. Leave that stuff to rookies.

I just cannot stand Pead.

The Truamine Johnson drop of the INT "COULD" have really turned the game around.

Why not call a timeout with .47 left and the Redskins at 4th down before the half? Instead they wait until .37 I believe to do so. Foles could have worked the middle of the field and had a legit FG chance before the half but lo and behold they couldn't convert anything until the 3rd down completion and on cue the clock runs out.

Finally, Frankly the Redskins beat the Rams playing the type of football Fisher said the Rams were going to play. Run it down your throats. Dare the Defense to stop you and let your QB manage stuff in between.

Really sorry start and no sense of urgency or discipline that I had thought we had hopefully got rid off from previous years. This is a game that they COULD have pulled into or made a final possession drive game and instead did nothing to help either offensively or defensively. Good teams still wins and mediocre ones let them slip away.

Oh well, let's see who shows up next week. This is such a frustrating team to watch!

Carry on. I'll agree with 95% of all the other complaints posted before and after this post.

Sigh......

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm assuming you played? I've also played. Our defense was on the field for four plays during the first drive. If you were a coach and a kid told you he was gassed after 4 plays and then 1+ minutes on the bench, what would you say to him?
There'd be a lot more I'd be worried about, like why my O is getting completely decimated or why again my team hasn't come out prepared and why I continue to not be able to help them prepare.

I'd look at it like this, he was out there almost 3 minutes, a huge gainer they had to stop and generally flying on the field and then only a minute to rest while our O just sorta shows up and then punts it away. I think it's fair that they might still be a little winded when they were off for a whopping 1:03. Then again, I'm not going to bust their balls for just giving up 7 because I'd expect my offense to not be out of it already by them just giving up one TD.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
When I was around 10 years old me and my mom and brother went up and stayed at this farm in Sumpter county in florida. Was a friends of my mom. Well while there we rode horses and explored and had a good time.

On the final day while I was walking around, still really close to the house mind you, a big ass wasp got stuck to my sock and stung me twice. Hurt like hell, remember I was just 10 years old. Then I was crying and my mom was embarrassed and tried to get me to swallow some pill so i'd feel better. Well at the time I couldnt swallow pills so it was a huge mess and just made me cry more as the pill melted in my mouth. Basically what im saying is that getting stung twice by a wasp, my mom being pissed at me, and having the shitty taste of a pill dissolving in my mouth is a pleasure compared to the shit I just had to watch today.

Oh yea, and everytime I had my nuts crushed was a pure joy compared to the shit Fisher gave us today.

F. Mulder

Starter
One last thing- TOP can be a deceiving stat but unless you are a quick strike offense you NEED, at the least, the same number of TOP to do what you do best. Being down such big TOP differences puts so much pressure on must make offensive plays and must stop defensive ones.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Not on Sundays. The Rams tend to put me in a very bad mood. ;)

I agree. I think a guy like Jaylon Smith or Scooby Wright (or Myles Jack) at Mike changes this defense entirely.

But I also think we need a QB of the future. Here's hoping Foles steps up.

Anyday but Sunday then I don't drink anyway,but would just to make you feel more comfortable. I don't need it. I like Myles Jack myself and I did predict a 5-11 season when everyone was drinking the Koolaid. I knew this OL especially with G. Rob. going backwards is gonna take a year at least. No hurry to get Gurley behind them. A good OL and great RB will make Foles a better QB. We need to start grooming a new MIKE as if we had passed on G. Rob and took Mack. Can't go back now. G. Rob. must fight through his head games. Not giving up yet. He's still so young and such a slow learner. Havenstein needs major footwork help. He's too high and learning speed is something very hard to ever just get.

The cut blocking and uncalled holding was very efficient and we just did'nt tackle. That missed Interception early by our CB really hurt as last week it started us on a roll. We got blown up in the trenches and Ogletree is the worst LB in the NFL in pass defense (PFF). Was last season. Not much difference and skins did thier homework. We brought our PS vanilla offense and too much T. Austin gimmick stuff with Jet sweeps. When TA went out we tried the same stuff with a much slower #19 WR. Givens.. It was a desperate offensive effort. Steelers will destroy us. They have a poor offensive line but thier recievers are the best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We brought our PS vanilla offense and too much T. Austin gimmick stuff with Jet sweeps.

Those gimmick plays were about the only thing working for us today. They couldn't stop Austin.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
IMO, his performance is a symptom of a horrible O-line. Foles doesn't trust them to do their job, whether intentional or not. When you're worried you're going to get hit every time you go back, your internal clock gets shorter, you stop looking down field, you rush your mechanics, don't set your feet, and lose accuracy. I'm not absolving him of his performance but it's hard to put much blame on him when the O-line was a steaming puddle of liquid crap in both the running and passing game. Heck, how can you even get play action to work when the run game is so horrible that no one bites on it?
I'm not giving the line a flyer, but Foles has to play better. He did the same thing last week, ran into pressures, and that doesn't help the line, either. They will have to work better together.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not going to harp too much because I have such a mixture of disappointment and deja vu.

The Rams defense seemed slow all day. I thought JL had a poor game and guys almost looked to be avoiding tackles

There's JJ going for any type of token fake and letting someone get behind them again

The Redskins ran the same running play over and over to the Rams right side. Have no idea who is to blame but at some point you have to make adjustments.

This was the "Bad Nick" today without question. He looked skittish and had some plays out there to be made but just was way off.

Way to be a leader Kenny Britt. You score to get back in the game and you have the balls to taunt. Leave that stuff to rookies.

I just cannot stand Pead.

The Truamine Johnson drop of the INT "COULD" have really turned the game around.

Why not call a timeout with .47 left and the Redskins at 4th down before the half? Instead they wait until .37 I believe to do so. Foles could have worked the middle of the field and had a legit FG chance before the half but lo and behold they couldn't convert anything until the 3rd down completion and on cue the clock runs out.

Finally, Frankly the Redskins beat the Rams playing the type of football Fisher said the Rams were going to play. Run it down your throats. Dare the Defense to stop you and let your QB manage stuff in between.

Really sorry start and no sense of urgency or discipline that I had thought we had hopefully got rid off from previous years. This is a game that they COULD have pulled into or made a final possession drive game and instead did nothing to help either offensively or defensively. Good teams still wins and mediocre ones let them slip away.

Oh well, let's see who shows up next week. This is such a frustrating team to watch!

Carry on. I'll agree with 95% of all the other complaints posted before and after this post.

Sigh......
Post more here Mulder.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There'd be a lot more I'd be worried about, like why my O is getting completely decimated or why again my team hasn't come out prepared and why I continue to not be able to help them prepare.

I'd look at it like this, he was out there almost 3 minutes, a huge gainer they had to stop and generally flying on the field and then only a minute to rest while our O just sorta shows up and then punts it away. I think it's fair that they might still be a little winded when they were off for a whopping 1:03. Then again, I'm not going to bust their balls for just giving up 7 because I'd expect my offense to not be out of it already by them just giving up one TD.

They were a little winded after four plays? Dude. We had the ball for over a minute and then there were also the television timeouts after the punts. They were not gassed. If they were, this team has bigger issues on defense than just poor performance.(conditioning)

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Ah well that's what happens when you have an owner more focused on freaking with his fan base than having a winning franchise. Fisher should have been gone after last year's 6-10 showing.

It appears to me that Fisher will get his 5 years in, assist in the move early next season and then (hopefully) be replaced (2017) by someone who can actually win titles. Injury histories or no, it's pathetic what's resulted from 4 years of building and excuses. Harbaugh and Carroll are recent examples of success well before 4 years of this crap.

RAMBUSH

Starter
You know the deal. No attacking fellow members. No name calling of Rams players or coaches. Let's keep our anger confined to this thread.

10iidll.jpg
Not angry,but can easily throw up ! Next week will tell a tale for sure ! Go Rams ! Gurly is home ! I can't wait !!!!!

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
This one to me, is totally on the play calling and the absolute refusal to make proper adjustments. This regime, save Les Snead needs to be let go. I didn't believe that they should have been held over from last season. I believe that Fishers style of ball is archaic compared to today's football. Having an owner who only cares about moving the franchise and ignoring the obvious problems is a massive issue in of itself. Our players are tough. Our players are young and hopeful. I look at this as one week. For all we know, we win the next 14 and non of this will matter. Go Rams...

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Those gimmick plays were about the only thing working for us today. They couldn't stop Austin.

I agree but they eventually caught on and Cignetti had nothing to answer with. Very sad after we crowned Cig as WC OC.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
One last thing- TOP can be a deceiving stat but unless you are a quick strike offense you NEED, at the least, the same number of TOP to do what you do best. Being down such big TOP differences puts so much pressure on must make offensive plays and must stop defensive ones.
Wasn't deceiving today, was it? Crap, that was just bad. You summed it up well, in your previous post. JL55 was non-existent.