Offensive Line Breakdown….Who Will Make the Final 53?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I find it interesting that many times when an Olineman or Dlineman retires after a few years he loses so much weight that by looking at him you'd never know he even played football, let alone played as a lineman.

Matt Birk comes to mind .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My offer stands as I first posted it in the thread "Back Up Offensive Linemen" page 15, post 291.

20,000 ROD$$ DWilliams will not make the final 53. IR does NOT count. Wager must be accepted before 1st day of TC. (If we have a bet, TC will be fun going back and forth) The cut to 53 won't be until after the last pre season game.

First come first served if So Ram backs down.

This week will be a good test!!

Freaking what a Freaking difference in coaching!!

MFer” Jeff Fisher would not even hold a true mini camp before the break!!! Still Freaking blows my MIND -(@)-
The fact that the NFL takes practice times away from teams & OTA’s are voluntary!!! To not take these 3 to 4 days serious is freaking Crazy!!
——. Point being now McVay has changed this & will do a full 3 days of practice to get an early start for training camp!!! How The Rams went through OTA’s and eased the Rookie into OTA’s was huge!! Last season John Johnson & Samson both were sort of injured last season because of rookie camp.

—Still have a little more time before deciding on Williams. This will be a good little test of how players might fit ?? Players are going to start being placed on there production,performance, & practice.
The last 2 days of OTA’s the veterans got some light work in.Williams was second team LT.Trying to figure out how Lucas is going to do. It doesn’t seem like he will be in the picture?? Demby is a question mark as well ? He might even be stepping out to Tackle,which Indoubted would happen. Cross training is big though as a backup O’lineman.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) Tweeted:
Jamon Brown and OL have looked outstanding this spring. ** paid for and approved by JB ( they really have- WP) https://t.co/Jz0a1nIpZh
View: https://twitter.com/sonofbum/status/1004789639125716992?s=17

I also want to state this shows how good the Offensive Line has played during OTA’s.I believe Williams & Blythe have stepped up as well. Jamon Brown though has really upped his Game !! Dude is just going to destroy defenses. His lower body power has changed big time.

Jamin Brown has gone against Aaron Donald for 3 years leading up to this off season. He would get beat pretty good & have to do it a rep a few times only to get beat again. Now I think he can sort of hold his own & gets to go against Suh as well as Brockers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You called that one straight up!

Things are starting to get a little more confusing?
Eldrenkamp will not make the squad, I’ll take wagers on that !!
Lucas is a big question mark.
D. Williams is just a guy I Kromer trust at LT? I don’t like his size & form. I do think he makes the squad though.
—Noteboom is not ready to step on as backup LT right now. I think he is a little soft at this point.How he handles the RT spot might be key. Who gets the LT Reps during the season ? It is a big task for the rookie though.
Allen is just a baller.He will stick,but Blythe & Neary are ahead of him.
Blythe is the backup center!!
Nearing is the backup LG

The way Insee it right now, but of course can & will probably change.

LT- Whitworth, RG R.Saffold,C.-J.Sullivan,RG-Jamon Brown,RT-Rob Havenstein

The Wednesday crew & 2nd string

D.Williams LT, LG- A.Neary, C./RG- Blythe

So what happens next ? Allen & Noteboom

Demby odd man out & secured on practice squad ?
Right now that is how I see it. Will anyone end up on IR ???

—Mini camp is this week, so it will give a real idea of those thoughts IMO . It sounds alike a strange call on my part. In do believe this is a honest view point right now!!
The NFL is a man’s game & it starts up front!! Having 3 rookies make the squad isnasking a lot, but then udfa already have so
will see ?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Seems the coaches are higher on Demby, so this will be a telling week for sure

dang

Legend
Rams appear to be light at Tackle so Noteboom as swing tackle seems highly probable for the 53. I think Allen and Demby are in a fight for the 53. My prediction is that Allen gets down and dirty and wins a spot while Demby is relegated to the Practice Squad.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams appear to be light at Tackle so Noteboom as swing tackle seems highly probable for the 53. I think Allen and Demby are in a fight for the 53. My prediction is that Allen gets down and dirty and wins a spot while Demby is relegated to the Practice Squad.

Looks like Allen already pushed Demby outside to tackle ? They both were doing cross-training last week with Allen playing LG.
Demby RT ? Still really early to tell, what the players do on there down time could be key to there success.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Looks like Allen already pushed Demby outside to tackle ? They both were doing cross-training last week with Allen playing LG.
Demby RT ? Still really early to tell, what the players do on there down time could be key to there success.

Is Brown still taking reps at RT in this year's OTA's?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think that y'all are selling Demby short. He's a very talented lineman who can play both guard spots and even right tackle, in a pinch. I'd definitely take him over Neary, and Noteboom is probably going to take Williams' spot as the swing tackle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is Brown still taking reps at RT in this year's OTA's?

Not at All !! He is The Rams RG & Big Rob Hav is still just a RT. Jamon is sort of a center piece for The Rams. I could see him being resigned , but then again he thinks his value is worthy of a 1st or 2nd rd pick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think that y'all are selling Demby short. He's a very talented lineman who can play both guard spots and even right tackle, in a pinch. I'd definitely take him over Neary, and Noteboom is probably going to take Williams' spot as the swing tackle.

Will see ?? I’m treading in the moment & have questions about Demby. The reason is where he is lining up during practice.There is a reason players are put in certain spots.

Demby for all I know could be the backup LT ?
Right now I don’t see that at all. In fact I still question what the best position for Noteboom is ?F

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Not at All !! He is The Rams RG & Big Rob Hav is still just a RT. Jamon is sort of a center piece for The Rams. I could see him being resigned , but then again he thinks his value is worthy of a 1st or 2nd rd pick.

I loved the Jamon signing (not just because I mocked him too ;) ) and I truly think he could be a solid presence in the Rams O-line for years to come, business issues aside. The o-line isn't something you can tinker with, and I think we all saw last year what a difference having the same 5 made to the effectiveness of the whole O. I was just curious to see whether there was any 'mixing it up' things going on in camp, breaking anyone else in on RG / LG / C positions

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I loved the Jamon signing (not just because I mocked him too ;) ) and I truly think he could be a solid presence in the Rams O-line for years to come, business issues aside. The o-line isn't something you can tinker with, and I think we all saw last year what a difference having the same 5 made to the effectiveness of the whole O. I was just curious to see whether there was any 'mixing it up' things going on in camp, breaking anyone else in on RG / LG / C positions

RG ?? Jamon Brown is eating up a lot of Reps!! Big Rob as well at RT, but not as much as Brown.

LG is Neary right now as the backup.
Blythe at Center
D. Williams at LT
Those 3 have been getting extra reps .

This last week Kromer started moving back ups around. This week will see ?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RG ?? Jamon Brown is eating up a lot of Reps!! Big Rob as well at RT, but not as much as Brown.

LG is Neary right now as the backup.
Blythe at Center
D. Williams at LT
Those 3 have been getting extra reps .

This last week Kromer started moving back ups around. This week will see ?

No offense, I don't see that at all when the dust settles, I know you're coming off with inside info, but I will see if they pass the eye test. Williams was awful against the 49ers and I feel Lucas could supersede him and if nothing else, Lucas showcased the ability to play RT. Aaron Neary again played an awful game and unless he has added strength, we shall see how this plays out, but I'm betting on Neary to be released unless I see something different in preseason.

I could be putting too much on the play of certain individuals in the last game of the year, however, that is the only sample size we have and before I start anticpating a depth chart I want to see how everyone plays when the bullets start flying because in the case of Williams & Neary, it was not pretty, but then again, they could improve..

BTW, I started the thread with Dunn not making the team, so that was not a tough call and in fact, the only reason the Rams signed Dunn was because they only had two tackles on the roster in Whitworth & Havenstein. Later Williams and Lucas came back, but they could have signed elsewhere as RFA's.

Again I like Demby more than you do, but I watched the kid play and I expect him to be special down the road, so again, we'll see!!

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
OTA's are good for tracking technique, but until the pads come on and full contact, evaluating O-Linemen is impossible.

DWilliams and ANeary have to much stronger, and quicker than they were last season at TC from what I saw of them to make the team.

Rams drafted 3 OL in the draft for a reason. They didn't like the current depth.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OTA's are good for tracking technique, but until the pads come on and full contact, evaluating O-Linemen is impossible.

DWilliams and ANeary have to much stronger, and quicker than they were last season at TC from what I saw of them to make the team.

Rams drafted 3 OL in the draft for a reason. They didn't like the current depth.
Yeah the drafting of those three was a huge hint. If they stay healthy we can count on them being on the 53 man roster.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No offense, I don't see that at all when the dust settles, I know you're coming off with inside info, but I will see if they pass the eye test. Williams was awful against the 49ers and I feel Lucas could supersede him and if nothing else, Lucas showcased the ability to play RT. Aaron Neary again played an awful game and unless he has added strength, we shall see how this plays out, but I'm betting on Neary to be released unless I see something different in preseason.

I could be putting too much on the play of certain individuals in the last game of the year, however, that is the only sample size we have and before I start anticpating a depth chart I want to see how everyone plays when the bullets start flying because in the case of Williams & Neary, it was not pretty, but then again, they could improve..

BTW, I started the thread with Dunn not making the team, so that was not a tough call and in fact, the only reason the Rams signed Dunn was because they only had two tackles on the roster in Whitworth & Havenstein. Later Williams and Lucas came back, but they could have signed elsewhere as RFA's.

Again I like Demby more than you do, but I watched the kid play and I expect him to be special down the road, so again, we'll see!!

Well The Rams have offense, maybe not with the backups ? D. Williams is not a player Infeel totally confident with and Noteboom is either the RT or LT in the future.
—Demby is a player I was high on early,and now starting to have questions about.

Yes - your points are well taken & when the lights go on is the true test. Today is the start of mini camp & unlike the Fisher era should be able to get a little bit more of an idea what training camp might look like early.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well The Rams also have 3 starters that will become Free Agents & will be hard to resign ?

Your also talking later round picks..Yes - I could see all three players making the 53,
but they need to step up!! Right now Allen & Noteboom look penciled in & Demby is on the bubble. Maybe Demby deserves more credit than I am giving him ? My take on it right now is that Neary has really stepped up his game, which is something I was totally doubting at first.