Odell Beckham available for trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Goff attempted 32 passes per game last year with my previous calculations there is still room for at least 4 Gurley targets per game. Also expect the Rams to expand on Goff game with more attempts and a higher completion percentage so there is room for ancillary targets outside of OBJ, Woods, Kupp, the TE and Gurley.

View attachment 24427

RamInferno

UDFA

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

Only thing I buy on this tweet is the contract. Point is to never have enough weapons. Subtracting Kupp after 1 year on a cheap rookie deal to give the giants another slot WR in addition to Sterling shepherd makes no sense. Giants going after a potential 1 year rental in Hav also makes no sense. Unless a team has 2 first doubt anyone spends 2 firsts just to give a guy a 20 mil plus a year.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gmen can let him walk and nothin, no way this deal flies
train

Right? Demanding so much that it would cripple the Rams, when the point would be to be strong enough to be heavy Super Bowl favorites this year.

As the old saying goes - Pigs may get fat, but hogs get slaughtered. Let OBJ become a free agent and the Giants get a late 3rd for him. And while he may not be able to hold out this year - if he's tagged he can refuse to sign till the last third of the season - and still get millions to tide him over. And I think he would do that.

nighttrain

Legend
Right? Demanding so much that it would cripple the Rams, when the point would be to be strong enough to be heavy Super Bowl favorites this year.

As the old saying goes - Pigs may get fat, but hogs get slaughtered. Let OBJ become a free agent and the Giants get a late 3rd for him. And while he may not be able to hold out this year - if he's tagged he can refuse to sign till the last third of the season - and still get millions to tide him over. And I think he would do that.
and the Gmen get what? 6 games of OBJ
train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL

That $20 million a year has been what he said he wants from the start and the Giants have been asking for 2 firsts from the get go and now that people see it written out in this thread all of a sudden it's too much?

nighttrain

Legend
LOL

That $20 million a year has been what he said he wants from the start and the Giants have been asking for 2 firsts from the get go and now that people see it written out in this thread all of a sudden it's too much?
he said he wanted to play for the Rams, not break them
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Much of the reason Watkins wasn't focused nearly as much as he should have been is that he didn't know the playbook and it didn't get all that much better throughout the season.
And wasn’t that odd? Cooper Kupp - a rookie - was getting him set on the line. I know Kupp is wise and smart for a rookie but... really?

This is also a pro and con argument for OBJ. From most accounts, McVay’s offense is not super complicated nor ground breaking. So just because Sammy didn’t light it up doesn’t mean another good receiver couldn’t. Granted, they have to actually do it. But it seems that a talented skill player with decent brain power could do it.

Now back to OBJ... he lacks maturity and social/business smarts - obviously from the video and other behavior. But the dude can flat out ball and he appears to love to. Isn’t that what you want?

Back in the day (another shitty cliche) players used to hire hookers (no doubt still do), smoke ciggies on the sideline, get drunk the night before games, shoot people from a limo (alledgedly), wear pantyhose, taco receivers and gloat over their lifeless bodies and fans were good with it.

I don’t like the persona of OBJ but at some point you have to look past THAT.

So here comes the big BUTT. Several years ago, the NFL did a study. They studied the correlation between drug use and injuries. They found that they coincided very regularly. This study was conducted almost 40 years ago when coke, speed and... yes meth... were getting noticed by the NFL. This is coming directly from a pro coach.

So my point is that maybe the video of OBJ is not innocent - nor is it something to be discarded. Maybe his injuries last year are a symptom and the Giants know it. He’s a great talent - no doubt. But is he also a train wreck waiting to happen.

Psycho_X

Legend

I'm generally ok with the money and sort of ok with two firsts all though i'm on the line there. Cooper Kupp makes it a no for me, the kid is the kind of player you build around. Havenstein I'd be ok with losing but would scare me being that we have zero depth already at tackle. Overall, this total offer is a joke. But if that's the starting point of negotiations and what is being traded can be talked down some i'd be mostly ok with it as long as Kupp isn't involved.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
The only 2 players possible I'd include on a trade for ODB would be Tavon or Barron. I'd probably consider Reynolds....but they definitely cannot have Kupp...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That price is going to come down .we're 4 weeks away from the draft and the Giants have no need to put a reasonable price out .they're just gonna see if someone bites .by the third week of April they'll get a little antsy and back off on the price a bit

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
There is no way McVay believes Kupp is tradeable. That would defeat the purpose of getting OBJ. He becomes our number 1 with two really good receivers playing next to him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll be a happy Rams again when we know OBJ is getting paid somewhere other than LA.