Odell Beckham available for trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This would be amazing.

At the same time, I want to win for many-many years. Whatever the Rams decide we can’t focus too short term.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Rumor has it that the Giants are going to want 2 1st round picks and maybe a little sweetener! That's waaay too much!!! Forget him!!
OBJ can't be worth two first rounders and I can't believe anyone would offer that. He's under contract only for one year. A first rounder is good for 4-5 years at a relatively cheap price.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Marcus Peters-- 2 year deal. Talib-- 2 year deal. Suh-- 1 year deal.

Wildcard with OBJ is that he claims he "won't set foot on the field in 2018 without a new deal."

So what if OBJ wants a 3 or 4 year deal? If so, are Rams considering that in order to justify sending greater (draft pick) compensation?

Bottom line-- if Rams send 1st rd pick in 2018 AND 2019 in exchange for "long term" deal with OBJ at around 20M per year, will this board implode?

Curious whether Rams are looking at this as a short-term rental or if they are really considering going all-in on a longer term deal.

If it's a short-term-rental thing, I bet Trader Snead would be counting on the eventual 3rd round comp pick.

As for me, yeah, I'd for sure be willing to trade our 2018 1st rounder to (somehow) get OBJ. Dude is crazy talented. And crazy in general. But I'd trust McVay to handle it, somehow.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By having more offensive plays to spread. Unlike Suh though, I never liked OBJ. Put him in horns and that no doubt changes. I can only imagine the possibilities. Who the hell do you cover?

this is it for me 100%. will have to swallow my prejudices and support the team regardless.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Giants are in no position to bargain.

If they don’t sign him, he’ll sit out 10 weeks, play for maybe 4 or 5 and then they’d have to franchise him. As long as he’s there for six weeks, he gets credit for the year. And then all of the Giants are crappy.

That’s gonna be very, very expensive and untenable to do for more than a year. Then they get nothing.

Historically, unless there’s a sign and trade which isn’t very likely, even pro bowlers don’t generally net more than a 2nd.

A low first for a transcendent talent in the last year of a contract is already a steep price.

If he really wants in, he may have to accept playing out his rookie deal with a promise not to be tagged.

Honestly, I don’t put anything past the whole Rams org at this point...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If they want two firsts they can go fuck themselves. I heard another rumor involving Kupp and I feel the same about trading Kupp as I do two firsts. :gtfo:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If they want two firsts they can go freak themselves. I heard another rumor involving Kupp and I feel the same about trading Kupp as I do two firsts. :gtfo:
Yeah... I have to hope Kupp isn’t realistically on the table. He looks to have a truly great career, is smart, football wise at a young age, and you flat out need those kind of skill players that just play football with skill and heart. I would be pissed if we included him in a trade for a knucklehead just because he has good to great skills. And sorry but OBJ is a knucklehead, great skill or not.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ANNNNNNNNNND.... I thought Kupp would be well off the board when we picked him. I was stoked when he fell to us somehow. In probably ANYONE’s redraft, he no doubt would have gone way higher.

He’s simply that player great teams have.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If they want two firsts they can go freak themselves. I heard another rumor involving Kupp and I feel the same about trading Kupp as I do two firsts. :gtfo:

I didn't want to post earlier but I heard the same thing. Cooper Kupp and pick 23.

Not a verified source so I was hoping it was bullshit. Unfortunate you heard this too, but I don't want to trade him at all!! I think McVay values him too much and would trade Woods before Kupp.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fuck trading Kupp. No.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
freak trading Kupp. No.
I think you were the one that was possibly as high on him as I was. I was living in the NW at the time and they played their games on one of the minor channels. The guy just made plays that made you think player. Often they weren’t even spectacular but so fucking studly. He was always just making plays all over the field and simply schooling guys. I really liked what I saw but when you also brought him up along with a few others it convinced me I wasn’t crazy for the guy because I had watched him more than most. No way we let him go in a trade.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I didn't want to post earlier but I heard the same thing. Cooper Kupp and pick 23.

Not a verified source so I was hoping it was bullcrap. Unfortunate you heard this too, but I don't want to trade him at all!! I think McVay values him too much and would trade Woods before Kupp.
It’s bullshit. Sports writers and bloggers repeat shit all the time. I don’t buy that he’s not the consummate McVay guy - not at all.

dang

Legend
I was banging the table for Kupp in the 2nd round last year fearing he wouldn't last until the 3rd round. He just had undervalued workhorse written all over him.

If the Rams are committed to long term success vs. one big super bowl run - then they need players like Kupp. He will get better and better over the next 3 years and be the best #2 receiver in the league for years to come. Say it isn't so!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was banging the table for Kupp in the 2nd round last year fearing he wouldn't last until the 3rd round. He just had undervalued workhorse written all over him.

If the Rams are committed to long term success vs. one big super bowl run - then they need players like Kupp. He will get better and better over the next 3 years and be the best #2 receiver in the league for years to come. Say it isn't so!!!!
As many of us believed our defense was the strong suit, I thought we needed guys like Kupp and would have been great with us moving up to get him. As it turned out, our brain truss knew better and I was jacked that we got him where we did.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think you were the one that was possibly as high on him as I was. I was living in the NW at the time and they played their games on one of the minor channels. The guy just made plays that made you think player. Often they weren’t even spectacular but so freaking studly. He was always just making plays all over the field and simply schooling guys. I really liked what I saw but when you also brought him up along with a few others it convinced me I wasn’t crazy for the guy because I had watched him more than most. No way we let him go in a trade.

I might have been the only one higher.

I mean, I was the one who bet he'd surpass 80 catches and 700 yards or I'd wear a Brady jersey...

There weren't many of us, but we were VOCAL!!!