OBJ talk???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I would agree with you but I know Pete Carroll's bitch ass will put in a claim so I doubt he'd make it there. I'll be pissed if he ends up in our division.

lol, let em then. They've always made moves and never really panning them out sans for a game here or there. TJ Houzmanzadeh, Percy Harvin, Duane Brown, Jamaal Adams, etc etc.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Browns definitely fucked him by lowering his cap hit but it's the price he had to pay to get outta Cleveland. My guess is they threatened to sit his ass for the rest of the year if he didn't.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I’ve been very steadfast in not wanting him at all on this team for years and years. But this morning I started to think about how he would be used if McVay wants him. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think our coach may want him on the team after DJax playing his game.

If they brought him in like Antonio Brown (i.e., one screw up and you are out) I'm all for it. But the main problem is that he gets hurt a lot.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
lol, let em then. They've always made moves and never really panning them out sans for a game here or there. TJ Houzmanzadeh, Percy Harvin, Duane Brown, Jamaal Adams, etc etc.
Nah fuck that. I want the Seahawks to get no one that helps in the tiniest of bits. Fuck that team.....hope that explains my motivation for them not to get him. I'd be more ok with it if he was a big cap hit.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't want him, and don't think he adds much to whoever picks him up. Certainly don't want his cry baby dad posting videos of him being open here. Cuz he won't be getting a ton of Targets here, that's for sure.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Switcher.
Yea I really did. I mean the more I think about it, the more it makes sense with McVay's ability to get guys bought into our culture.

PROS:

- We have an all world coach and leader to get him to buy in
-Great team captains who are well respected and HOF players
-Provides another incredible weapon while helping WR depth
-Will be playing with a big chip on shoulder and very motivated
- Psychological effect on other teams
-Keeps him away from our NFC competitors
-Allows us to slightly reduce Kupp's workload to ensure he's healthy for playoffs (current usage insanely high)
- adds another deep passing element and elite YAC threat
-makes us the immediate Super Bowl favorite

CONS:

-Could entirely disrupt great locker room environment and culture
-Potentially slows down Van Jeff's development a bit
-less targets for Robert Woods

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yea I really did. I mean the more I think about it, the more it makes sense with McVay's ability to get guys bought into our culture.

PROS:

- We have an all world coach and leader to get him to buy in
-Great team captains who are well respected and HOF players
-Provides another incredible weapon while helping WR depth
-Will be playing with a big chip on shoulder and very motivated
- Psychological effect on other teams
-Keeps him away from our NFC competitors
-Allows us to slightly reduce Kupp's workload to ensure he's healthy for playoffs (current usage insanely high)
- adds another deep passing element and elite YAC threat
-makes us the immediate Super Bowl favorite

CONS:

-Could entirely disrupt great locker room environment and culture
-Potentially slows down Van Jeff's development a bit
-less targets for Robert Woods

My thoughts exactly and the only thing I add to that is acting where he always really wanted to be might just provide him the peace and serenity to just focus on football and that's when he is at his most dangerous.

Lastly for this season I don't think he could disrupt anything it's one shot your done and we have to many yes pillars lol for him to even try. I'd be down. People bitch about draft picks etc. Well of he played his ass off and really wanted to stay here well now you also creat options to strengthen a different position next year etc. But RT now I'm not worried about next year I want to chip this year.

Mcvay with his always ominous "never say never" lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never liked OBJ's attitude. We don't need him, so why take the risk that he messes things up on the team?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Now this....
Screenshot_20211105-124639_Bleacher Report.jpg

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Myles Simmons did just say while it may not stop a team if his agent says to the team claiming him he won't play for you that more than likely they walk away. I think the rams chances aren't as bad as some think but I'm also thinking OBJ wants rams but will ultimately settle just to be in Cali for the whiners. I'd say the chargers but with Herbert still being young impressionable don't think so and they don't have the cache of players to keep him in line so ultimately to be in Cali I think whiners.
So you think he'd pass on the Chargers because of their young QB and go with the whiners and Girloppolo? I don't see that, especially with the whiners record.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
So you think he'd pass on the Chargers because of their young QB and go with the whiners and Girloppolo? I don't see that, especially with the whiners record.

No no I think the Chargers would pass on him as to not chance any kind of setback for Herbert or maybe hinder what they are building. They are in the process of developing a culture much like the Browns were when they acquired OBJ. There are only a couple of teams that realistically can hold up or survive an OBJ breakdown I think we all know who those teams are. Doesn't mean some team won't try but at this point you have to think most teams know this. You don't want OBJ in the embryo stage you don't want him in the development stage you want him as a finishing piece where it's put up shut up or get out stage. Only a handful of teams have that culture in place. This will be interesting though.

MachS

Hall of Fame
No no I think the Chargers would pass on him as to not chance any kind of setback for Herbert or maybe hinder what they are building. They are in the process of developing a culture much like the Browns were when they acquired OBJ. There are only a couple of teams that realistically can hold up or survive an OBJ breakdown I think we all know who those teams are. Doesn't mean some team won't try but at this point you have to think most teams know this. You don't want OBJ in the embryo stage you don't want him in the development stage you want him as a finishing piece where it's put up shut up or get out stage. Only a handful of teams have that culture in place. This will be interesting though.
If the Rams players talked to OBJ, like Von and Jalen who are his friends, and said we want him in LA then I'd think he'd choose us over everyone. But theres the whole dynamic of the claim process and not getting to choose. Do him and his agent really have that much power? Would threatening to hold out really discourage a team from claiming him? Its pretty complicated because if he gets claimed and then holds out...then what??

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If the Rams players talked to OBJ, like Von and Jalen who are his friends, and said we want him in LA then I'd think he'd choose us over everyone. But theres the whole dynamic of the claim process and not getting to choose. Do him and his agent really have that much power? Would threatening to hold out really discourage a team from claiming him? Its pretty complicated because if he gets claimed and then holds out...then what??
The Rams do not need OBJ. If they bring him in it will be a couple weeks until he’s unhappy and starts complaining.

Plus Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson do not deserve to lose snaps to OBJ.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Yea Myles Simmons tweeted about that earlier saying that his agent could just say he won't report and if the team claims him they would have to release him or just be spiteful and hold on to him makes no sense. I mean that would be shitty.
He did leave a big big chunk of change to buy his freedom so if he isn't in control of his own destiny it's kind of moot. Lebron definitely doing all he can for his bff lmao.

Also Mary Cabot who is pretty good as well as Dan Patrick said OBJ maturely and quietly all off season and during this season asked for a trade never made a stink never took it public til he had had enough hence pops and LBJ. That's a Browns going to Browns thing they knew it they should have pulled the trigger when nobody really knew this was happening behind the scenes. That to me is a good sign that he kept quiet til the end. The rams may not really be interested at all who knows but if there is a shot like you, I put this thread up as a hmmm I guess but now I'd be very happy if it happened. I think he way more than replaces DJ and I really truly believe he would be on best behaviour along with the leadership for him to be one of the guys not the guy. He would have to accept that know he is trading off that he is where he always wanted to be and happy and doesn't have to go nuts to be the star cause he in LA.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
The Rams do not need OBJ. If they bring him in it will be a couple weeks until he’s unhappy and starts complaining.

Plus Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson do not deserve to lose snaps to OBJ.

Kupp Woods have been paid they want a ring. Kupp also would have to understand that by no fault of his own when we needed him most he has not been around. It would have to be made clear to OBJ you want to be here your just a cog not the wheel. Yes or No? Any disruption and you gone. Simple. I believe we get the Antonio Brown effect. I also don't think it will happen but you never know.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Seems he cleared waivers and is a FA. We’ll see what happens

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if OBJ wasn't a cancer, how will he be satisfied with the limited catches he would get? Woods, Kupp and Van Jefferson shouldn't have their touches reduced for a guy who doesn't even know the offense.