OBJ talk???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I seem to remember when we traded for Cooks from the Saints there were rumors (most likely true knowing Snead) that we were actually trying to trade multiple firsts for Beckham and settled for Cooks when that didn't work out.

It's an interesting "what if" if they had been able to make that work. I do think we would have been able to take that SuperBowl in 2018 but I don't think Stafford or Ramsey would be on the team right now so probably an overall net positive.
Cooks came from the Patriots.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
lol replacing leukemia with a brain tumor, last thing I want is him on the team with a TMZ headline investigating his Onlyfans doing scat

jjab360

Legend
Cooks came from the Patriots.
Of course, I have no idea how I forgot that lol. Speaking of which, his time with the Texans is surely coming to an end here soon. I've never seen an NFL WR do nothing but put up 1,000 yard seasons and get traded so many times, it's almost comical at this point.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If he passes waivers, big IF by the way, Rams will try to get him so the 49ers don't lol......McVay handled Peters for one year. We got the coach and locker room for it if the Rams think he can help us stress defenses more.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Cant believe he's actually going to get cut. Wow. So if he clears waivers he'll get to choose where he wants to go. I remember when he was leaving NY, the rumors were he wanted to come to LA. His off-season home is in LA. Is there anyway McVay takes this risk? Its literally the definition of a high risk/high reward signing. Can McVay get him to be a team guy? It's a big big ask. Do we even have the money to do this?

Do we take Van off the field for OBJ? I just don't know if that's smart. But what if he goes to GB or SF? Fuck

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Cant believe he's actually going to get cut. Wow. So if he clears waivers he'll get to choose where he wants to go. I remember when he was leaving NY, the rumors were he wanted to come to LA. His off-season home is in LA. Is there anyway McVay takes this risk? Its literally the definition of a high risk/high reward signing. Can McVay get him to be a team guy? It's a big big ask. Do we even have the money to do this?

Do we take Van off the field for OBJ? I just don't know if that's smart. But what if he goes to GB or SF? Fuck
Exactly the reason I can see the Rams signing him if given the opportunity. If we can just play him enough (maybe rotate him in a bit more than Jackson) where his value rebounds, he becomes a trade chip for more draft picks? Just thinking out loud here lol

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Rams have no use for OBJ, they have Skowronek, Harris and Koski which is better then having a Cancer like OBJ. If Djax was unhappy how do you think OBJ would be, maybe getting one look a game.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I'm not sure what, if any, impact his contract renegotiation will have on his cap number, but there are some WR-needy teams that can afford to claim him.

Barring a Matthew Stafford contact extension, I don't think the Rams can. I'm not even sure what Odell actually wants at this point. He could get claimed by the Texans and get 15 targets a week. His dad could make some sweet highlight vids for him there.

Teams like the Seahawks, Packers and Rams offer him a shot at contention, but there won't be a return to prime-career Odell with limited targets. The Raiders and Saints could give him targets and a shot at contending, but he'd still need to clear waivers.

The whole situation screams Raiders to me, but we'll see.

The Ramowl

Starter
Does he strike you as a We not Me kind of guy ?

There you go.

I don't have anything against the guy but he doesn't fit the Rams culture. I think he will have a comeback though, he's a good receiver still, Cleveland was just a bad fit.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Just so you know where I stand, I'm not advocating for us to sign him but would understand if we did. I'm guessing he gets picked up off of waivers if anything. Texans could get him to try to convince Watson of staying (LMAO as I typed that since it wouldn't work), Jets, Jags, WTF, Giants, and Lions could cuz they suck. I'm guessing he'll go to the Dolphins as their owner doesn't mind making controversial moves a la Watson. Hopefully these teams take him because if not, the Seahawks would be next in line to get him via waivers based on the standings.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Ok so I misstated the waiver order as I forgot the Iggles, but here it is. Let the speculation begin lol
Screenshot_20211105-073510_Chrome.jpg

Ellard80

Legend
he will get claimed ya.... if we were going after a receiver it would be a deep threat type.

That's really not what he is - he is more of a slasher RAC guy.