OBJ talk???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
I would agree with you but I know Pete Carroll's bitch ass will put in a claim so I doubt he'd make it there. I'll be pissed if he ends up in our division.

Seahawks dont really need receivers though... that's like maybe the strength of their team outside QB

MachS

Hall of Fame
Let's just hope he goes to an AFC team or weak NFC team in the top 9. If he makes it to Sea at 9 or SF at 12 that would suck. The real question is why wouldn't the Lions claim him at 1? They have the worst WR depth chart in the NFL.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Seahawks dont really need receivers though... that's like maybe the strength of their team outside QB
Lockett and Metcalf are great, but they don't have much after that. They could definitely use some help at their #3 spot.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams have no use for OBJ, they have Skowronek, Harris and Koski which is better ...
I don't want OBJ on the Rams either. Wrote a long anti-Beckham post just yesterday (on page 3 of this thread). However, the above ... especially if I stop reading after the word 'better' is price-less.

As a New Yorker, with friends/family who are life-time Giants' fans, who experienced the Odell Beckham period with the Giants where most of their fans slowly grew frustrated with him and eventually really disliked him, the above sentence has made me laugh-out-loud several times.

" No use for OBJ (because it's better to) have Skowronek, Harris and Koski" ...wish Harris had a funny name
... it's like saying "no use for Odell Beckham because we have Mo, Larry and Curley"

Last edited:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I don't want OBJ on the Rams either. Wrote a long anti-Beckham post just yesterday (on page 3 of this thread). However, the above ... especially if I stop reading after the word 'better' is price-less.

As a New Yorker, with friends/family who are life-time Giants' fans, who experienced the Odell Beckham period with the Giants where most of their fans slowly grew frustrated with him and eventually really disliked him, the above sentence has made me laugh-out-loud several times.

" No use for OBJ (because it's better to) have Skowronek, Harris and Koski" ...wish Harris had a funny name
... it's like saying "no use for Odell Beckham because we have Mo, Larry and Curley"

Lmao that's was great ...I would take Mo though I think he mean enough to block and a leader!!!

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Keep him out of the NFC West, please.
Or green bay ...I think he may go saints if he just wants the ball but he will have to work for yards don't think simien can throw a good deep ball or deep at all but basically keep him away from the nfc. I also think a sneaky team is KC they could really use him.

It will really depend how this goes money as well as maybe he is basically paying for his NFL freedom and will tell teams don't claim me I won't report so he can choose where he goes. If that happens I say it will be somewhere in Cali.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
OBJ complained about Eli Manning in NY. His issues with Mayfield led to his release today.

If he's really focused on QB-play ... and I don't want to be in that guy's head ... he could look for an opportunity with a high-end-QB. Especially a team that has some WR needs, and a chance to win (high-profile games).

Baltimore comes to mind for me. Watkins has missed a lot of time, and Bateman is a rookie who has missed time with injuries. Jackson to Hollywood-Brown and OBJ could be dynamic. Would really feel for Browns' fans if he goes to a division-rival.

I could see Kansas City being in the mix. Raiders make some sense. Think Carr is good but not Lamar Jackson or Mahomes good.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve been very steadfast in not wanting him at all on this team for years and years. But this morning I started to think about how he would be used if McVay wants him. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think our coach may want him on the team after DJax playing his game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OBJ complained about Eli Manning in NY. His issues with Mayfield led to his release today.

If he's really focused on QB-play ... and I don't want to be in that guy's head ... he could look for an opportunity with a high-end-QB. Especially a team that has some WR needs, and a chance to win (high-profile games).

Baltimore comes to mind for me. Watkins has missed a lot of time, and Bateman is a rookie who has missed time with injuries. Jackson to Hollywood-Brown and OBJ could be dynamic. Would really feel for Browns' fans if he goes to a division-rival.

I could see Kansas City being in the mix. Raiders make some sense. Think Carr is good but not Lamar Jackson or Mahomes good.
Is Jackson actually a better passer than Carr?

I could see OBJ griping in Baltimore now. “Lamar doesnt throw me the ball because he runs too much and wants to be a one man show.”

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve been very steadfast in not wanting him at all on this team for years and years. But this morning I started to think about how he would be used if McVay wants him. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think our coach may want him on the team after DJax playing his game.
But if DeSean couldn’t get enough touches then how would OBJ be happy in LA? I think he’s more selfish than DJax

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Is Jackson actually a better passer than Carr?
That's a reasonable discussion. I was thinking the divisional-rival / better-team aspect might favor Baltimore.

I look at Beckham as a player who wants the ball, and wants attention. I think there would be more attention around Baltimore and K.C. the rest of this season than Vegas.

MachS

Hall of Fame
As long as he doesn’t go to GB.
One valid reason to sign him honestly. To keep him away from our competition. People forget in 2018 we offered our 1st and 6th to NY for Odell, before offering the same to NE for Cooks. We wanted him...and that was after some of the off the field stuff.

Lets be honest here, if we knew McVay and the leaders of this team- AD, Ramsey, Stafford, etc. could get Odell to buy in.... would we still not want him? If we knew he would be a team guy and not be bad in the locker room. I mean there is a chance that could happen if he comes to LA.

Our WR depth took a hit with DJax and Tutu out. We all like Harris and Skro but come on, Odell is still an elite talent, he really is. If we signed him and there were ZERO problems wouldn't we win the super bowl? Kupp is on pace for 135catches. WE NEED KUPP FOR THE PLAYOFFS. Im sick of him getting hurt late every year. And with this crazy usage he's getting this year Im worried. OBJ would help take some pressure off Kupp. I originally didn't want to sign him, but now I've completely switched.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
One valid reason to sign him honestly. To keep him away from our competition. People forget in 2018 we offered our 1st and 6th to NY for Odell, before offering the same to NE for Cooks. We wanted him...and that was after some of the off the field stuff.

Lets be honest here, if we knew McVay and the leaders of this team- AD, Ramsey, Stafford, etc. could get Odell to buy in.... would we still not want him? If we knew he would be a team guy and not be bad in the locker room. I mean there is a chance that could happen if he comes to LA.

Our WR depth took a hit with DJax and Tutu out. We all like Harris and Skro but come on, Odell is still an elite talent, he really is. If we signed him and there were ZERO problems wouldn't we win the super bowl? Kupp is on pace for 135catches. WE NEED KUPP FOR THE PLAYOFFS. Im sick of him getting hurt late every year. And with this crazy usage he's getting this year Im worried. OBJ would help take some pressure off Kupp. I originally didn't want to sign him, but now I've completely switched.
Lol.....as I said, I'm not for the signing but I'd definitely understand the reasoning behind it if it somehow happened. Snead himself said they want to stress teams on both sides of the ball. Teams would have no choice but to fear and respect our WRs that much more. If it happens or not, I'm still rooting for all Rams players to succeed.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'd be perfectly fine with VanJeff being the 4th WR. He'd still get a fair amount of reps and lets not forget injuries do happen in the NFL. That said, with the restructure of his contract and the claiming team only needing to pay just above the league minimum, there is NO chance we get him. Zero, zilch.

If he were to somehow clear waivers (he will most certainly not), he's choosing a team with a upper end QB and chance for Super Bowl. We fit that category, but so does GB, Seattle, Baltimore (though not many passing targets), Raiders, Bills, Chargers, etc.

I'm not sure if the bottom barrel teams will try to get him because they essentially need to and want to lose to get better draft picks for the rebuild.

PLEASE LORD PLEASE, do not let him sign (for free) with the cards, whiners, fudgepackers, cowgirls, shehawks, or the 'aints. That is all.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'd be perfectly fine with VanJeff being the 4th WR. He'd still get a fair amount of reps and lets not forget injuries do happen in the NFL. That said, with the restructure of his contract and the claiming team only needing to pay just above the league minimum, there is NO chance we get him. Zero, zilch.

If he were to somehow clear waivers (he will most certainly not), he's choosing a team with a upper end QB and chance for Super Bowl. We fit that category, but so does GB, Seattle, Baltimore (though not many passing targets), Raiders, Bills, Chargers, etc.

I'm not sure if the bottom barrel teams will try to get him because they essentially need to and want to lose to get better draft picks for the rebuild.

PLEASE LORD PLEASE, do not let him sign (for free) with the cards, whiners, fudgepackers, cowgirls, shehawks, or the 'aints. That is all.

Myles Simmons did just say while it may not stop a team if his agent says to the team claiming him he won't play for you that more than likely they walk away. I think the rams chances aren't as bad as some think but I'm also thinking OBJ wants rams but will ultimately settle just to be in Cali for the whiners. I'd say the chargers but with Herbert still being young impressionable don't think so and they don't have the cache of players to keep him in line so ultimately to be in Cali I think whiners.

dang

Legend
My take is the Browns are f#%¥ing OBJ by restructuring his salary to $1m. I gotta believe that all but guarantees that he will be picked up in the waiver wire by a shitty team for peanuts. He shouldn’t make it past the bottom 10 teams. Anyone know different please set me straight.