OBJ talk???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe he can go to the Seahawks or Niners and cause more troubles within their organization with his prima donna attitude.
Seahawks can have OBJ and DK to mess up their team even more if they don’t get more targets.
DK & Lockett are good together.Deebo is solid,but that other WR already got put in his place.

Hopkins ran on to the field against Green Bay last week.Sort of funny how much his presence means to Arizona’s offense.

Where is DJ1 going as well? I’d say be careful of what you ask for though.I’m more about looking within than looking out.Makes things easier to control.The Rams aren’t afraid to make moves for the betterment of the team.They also get rid of the ME Type Players.
I’m excited to see how a couple of the best work together under Raheem Morris.The Rams are so lucky to have him.Talk about a Blessing vs. Staley.
Kevin O’Connell is really just getting better.Zac Robinson is going to be a good OC in The NFL.Then again Thomas Brown is the RGC .If you ever watch the sidelines & find Zac Robinson then you probably see Copper Kupp fairly close.His relationship is pretty good.IMO
he is both the WR/QB coach.
O’Connell is next to Stafford a lot sitting next to him going over things as well.I just find it cool to see all the connections.This has been all season with the blue Microsoft pads.

dang

Legend
I think OBJ will be picked up in waivers making this a dodged bullet for the Rams. If he is not picked up in waivers I see Snead strongly considering the possibility.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Couple things rams or no rams here this is just in general:

I believe in giving second sometimes a third chance in sports when it comes to these types of issues most players usually wind up getting it now look at Antonio Brown??? Nutcase winds up getting a Superbowl ring while even non-fans of his were worried he was a mental case and feared for his and others safety turns out for the time being he just needed someone in his corner and someone to help him so that's my view. As far as OBJ.

While OBJ is selfish and weak sometimes these things can be helped or corrected so I agree with him being a terrible teammate but that could be remedied (no I don't mean it has to be the rams).

One point however touchy the subject but we have seen players get 3rd 4th and 5th chances and others disappear but especially immensely talented ones. Just to name a few but I'm sure you guys know a lot more to add to this list but players commit crimes and other terrible stuff way worse than OBJ and yet still get those chances: Hunt, Gregory, Gordon, Aldon Smith, Hill, etc. Now that's just a couple and I know some are for substance abuse but still chances for worse is my point. Many many more to add and didn't Leonard Little play after his situation? I totally forgot??? Dante Stallworth??? So my point is sometimes risk for any team with the right support group and structure can help. Cleveland was not that place nor was it the place for OBJ.

Lastly because of his shit attitude and being weak and selfish that's what I believe is effecting his game he not really into it mentally or whole heartedly so while he taking the game for granted for those reasons which is worse? that or taking the game for granted for domestic abuse gun charges or drugs etc.? I don't believe his skills are done at all I do believe what most of you are saying though about being a me me me selfish a-hole is spot on. Things that can change in the right environment.
Good points; and each situation/player may differ.

No issue with criminality or substance abuse.

With Beckham, it's just that he is the Classic-WR-Diva. That makes him a frequent distraction; and distractions hurt teams from reaching their potential. As a fan, that's important to me. Really Important.

In New York, there weren't many things OBJ said or did that were way-over-the-top It was mostly little stuff. Annoying, little things that became 2-3-day stories, that were a distraction. However, it was a LOT of little stuff over time.

The big items were the infamous "Boat-Trip" before the Packers' playoff-game (the last Giants' playoff game), and the ESPN article where he threw his QB under-the-bus (that did not go over too well with Giants' fans who liked their two-time Super Bowl winning QB).

Eventually, Beckham just completely wore-out his welcome here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My OBJ "if list":

If:

We can afford him
He is healthy
He is willing to accept a limited role
The rest of the WRs are cool with it
I say The Rams got LUCKY to get Von Miller.What he means to The Rams locker room is PRICELESS!!!

Tutu Atwell’s injury imo is the best thing that could have happened.He needs to bulk up & get stronger.If he is going to make it in The NFL.

Ben Sko is a perfect fit behind Kupp.
Harris is going to be changed to WR,which shows the direction Mcvay is going with these guys.

I like the FACT Mcvay talked up JJ Koski.I’ve watched these guys a little bit.I remember when Harris was the talk of OTA’s.Koski has excellent hands and was making all kinds of plays against the #1’s. Landon Akers showed in the preseason games.

Mcvay talked about Blanton being ready & looked good.Seeing a guy like B.Hopkins not being ready showed.He is a hard player to figure out.

—Anyway is you look at things as a whole it’s not hard to figure out the direction & confidence they have in there system.We can discuss more ?

MachS

Hall of Fame
I watch a lot of football and have had him in fantasy -

He has been non stop injured for a few years now - and he is not as quick as he once was... he is not the same player.

when he gets the ball he is nowhere near as electric as he once was - not trying to be an ass but im not sure what film you are watching.

i mean yeah he was open a lot and was missed - but that's not the entire story.
No one said hes the same Odell as he was in New York. That's obvious. You're not the same coming off an ACL tear and other injuries. But the narrative that the reason he hasn't got the ball this year is because hes washed up is bullshit. If you watch his film from this year he is open a ton and has plenty of juice left. Still very sudden, still wins deep, still gets separation. Like I said watch his film from this year and evaluate it in a vacuum. If he had a competent QB he would have 6-8 TDs already.

All that said I don't think he fits into our culture and I honestly wouldn't sign him. But if he goes to a team with a legit QB like the Packers or something he will absolutely go off.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good points; and each situation/player may differ.

No issue with criminality or substance abuse.

With Beckham, it's just that he is the Classic-WR-Diva. That makes him a frequent distraction; and distractions hurt teams from reaching their potential. As a fan, that's important to me. Really Important.

In New York, there weren't many things OBJ said or did that were way-over-the-top It was mostly little stuff. Annoying, little things that became 2-3-day stories, that were a distraction. However, it was a LOT of little stuff over time.

The big items were the infamous "Boat-Trip" before the Packers' playoff-game (the last Giants' playoff game), and the ESPN article where he threw his QB under-the-bus (that did not go over too well with Giants' fans who liked their two-time Super Bowl winning QB).

Eventually, Beckham just completely wore-out his welcome here.

I very much agree. To though it's just that I believe those things can be changed if on the right environment. I will use the rams as an example here. Say he did wind up with the rams or god help me the whiners he knows this is it he wants to be in California from day one with bff LBJ etc. This shit would not fly on the rams Stafford is a veteran AD Ramsey Snead and mcvay would send him packing before he could blink an eye.

My biggest points were NFL teams are used to giving 10 chances sometimes to the worst of the worst and next thing you know the player is a model citizen. Also wherever he ends up if it's where he wants to be I don't think he is as done or terrible as most people think. You get injured and play like shit a lot more when your hearts not in it or you are distracted because your unhappy.
Look at DJ "willing to come back" yea no see ya Lata.

So my take impartially is he still has the ability as far as the rams well they won't sign him or have a chance too more than likely but I feel pretty strongly that he would walk a straight and narrow line should he ever play here.
I don't want to put the browns down I like to see how far they have come but let's face it they didnt have the culture the rams have now when they brought OBJ in. Compared to the browns the rams are royalty lol. They were not ready for him where I think the rams would set the tone should they take fliers on any players like OBJ or others. Bringing in OBJ when the browns did is like putting lipstick on a pig still a pig lol.

How many misfit selfish retreads helped the pats win Superbowls? I mean even Tampa with AB and that culture was like instant mashed potatoes because Brady really put that all together in like 3 minutes lol. We are way ahead of the browns and could handle a malcontent or he is shown the door. Other teams that could probably are still the pats, Dallas,(don't need him) possibly the saints. Those cultures and coaches I believe can fix him for Dallas not so much McCarthy as the organisation and jerry jones more so and the Packers. Most of the teams mentioned are going to be in our way minus the pats unless well you know lol but only time will tell.

I'm not advocating for him but if it ever came to pass. Id be ok with a tryout if cheap and given a very short leash.

Hate to use this word (flashbacks) but the rams have to many pillars for OBJs shit maybe I should go with OG's lol.

Ellard80

Legend
No one said hes the same Odell as he was in New York. That's obvious. You're not the same coming off an ACL tear and other injuries. But the narrative that the reason he hasn't got the ball this year is because hes washed up is bullshit. If you watch his film from this year he is open a ton and has plenty of juice left. Still very sudden, still wins deep, still gets separation. Like I said watch his film from this year and evaluate it in a vacuum. If he had a competent QB he would have 6-8 TDs already.

All that said I don't think he fits into our culture and I honestly wouldn't sign him. But if he goes to a team with a legit QB like the Packers or something he will absolutely go off.
he isn't horrible but he looks like just a guy to me now...

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Whatever the reason he is not getting the ball, I'm sure he brought it on himself.
If I had to guess, he has wore out his welcome, by being a cancer. And now he wonders why his own team mates can't stand him.
If he pissed off Baker, then let him live with the consequences of being an idiot.

AS far as him BEING A Ram. He would be the absolute Last person I want to see in Horns.
Idk man I'll be trying to win if I'm baker. If obj is open throw him the ball. He doest have to like the guy and if he's making decisions out there based off personal relationships with guys rather than what he sees then baker needs to be out the league. F personal relationships, my only question is can you help me win?

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I don't like OBJ, never have but I do think him and Stafford would be a lethal combo. Plus my biggest fear is a Kupp injury, Kupp was not available the last time the Rams were in the SB and he was unavailable last year in the playoffs. OBJ would be one hell of an insurance policy against that happening again. As long as this is where he wants to be and he was willing to except whatever role McVay has for him I'd be down with it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Raiders or Colts would be my guess. Rams? Hell to the Naw Naw Naw!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wide open WR's are missed every single game in every game.
This^^^

OBJ is a premadonna. If we were to get him, I would hope for the best but for me personally, I would be a bit disgusted watching him in horns.

Besides, we have Kupp, Woods, and Van. All great receivers in their own right and willing to do everything even if their number is not called.

He's a great RECEIVER. He hasn't showed that he's a great team player.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Austin Powers No GIF

Running Away Honey Badger GIF

No No No GIF

oldnotdead

Legend
Baker doesn't read defenses for god sake. This is the first year he's trying and he struggles at it. He's always been a one read then run QB. It's how he got sacked so many times. Baker is a piss poor 1st pick. How do you pick a QB who can't read defenses? They passed on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson so that's got to hurt. His record is barely over 500. Sure it's not all his fault but a lot of it is.

Take away Baker's first two reads and he's running around looking for dropped coverages instead of going through his progressions. In that regard he's like Kyler Murray. Kyler is the same, if you take away his quick short options, he panicks and looks for dropped coverages.

IMO the Browns probably will be looking to trade Baker after the season or drafting a QB and using Baker as a bridge QB.

jjab360

Legend
I seem to remember when we traded for Cooks from the Saints there were rumors (most likely true knowing Snead) that we were actually trying to trade multiple firsts for Beckham and settled for Cooks when that didn't work out.

It's an interesting "what if" if they had been able to make that work. I do think we would have been able to take that SuperBowl in 2018 but I don't think Stafford or Ramsey would be on the team right now so probably an overall net positive.