OBJ talk???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That vid is pretty damning.

I watched most of it and MOST of those plays do show him open with about half of them showing him both WIDE open and the best option on that play. The play where Baker went deep into triple coverage instead of taking the 20 yard out with OBJ wide open was ridiculous.

I think OBJ is not remotely a "We not Me" guy and isn't a good fit for this team, but I would respectfully disagree that OBJ wasn't getting open, he sucks or w/e.

He's not a very likable guy and I get the disdain for him. I'm not a fan, either.

Still, the LAST place I want him is in the NFC West.

Now, if OBJ wants a ring and super gets with the program, then sure... but even then, we can't afford him.

The Broncos could and they NEED WRs... pretty badly. He'd be their primary target...and WILL have an upgrade at QB next year.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We wont have to worry about it because he would have to clear waivers before he could sign with the team of his choice. Unless you are talking after the season ends, in which case I would have to say NO! We dont need a diva that could become a locker room cancer. We have a great WR room now, no need to mess with the chemistry.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Who does OBJ take snaps away from? Kupp is playing better then OBJ right now.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We couldn't keep DJax for lack of play time. Why would OBJ sign here? He adds a bit in skill , but does he add anything McVay needs? When was the last time you saw him block? Or play every route like he was getting the ball, knowing he was just a distraction?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
OBJ would put Jeudy in the slot which is an upgrade.

I think the current NFL requires 3 starting WRs as 11 personnel is the default offensive lineup for most teams..

TexasRam

Legend
Wide open WR's are missed every single game in every game.

It's most often because they are later options in the progression.

If you ever played QB you know it's impossible to view the entire field at once and QB's rarely have time to go back through multiple progressions where the defenses is commonly not playing tight coverage because they are cheating to the primary reads by reading the QB's eyes. This is where Mcvay's designs are constantly winning. The constant tweaks to common routes they show on film allows for targeting what was previously not a primary read for that play. Mcvay talks about it on his coach's talk film if you pay attention.

Also, what Stafford does so well is deceive and move the defense to the wrong part of the field and then come back to the actual primary read. He is destroying teams with this. It's often why our WR's our wide open. The defense is cheating to where they think the ball is going - leaving the real targets open.

Game film also doesn't show just how quickly these defenders can move in position and on the ball when the QB begins to look towards their zones.

So cut up film and cherry pick all you want about open WR's. What seems open is often not open at all.

bluecoconuts

Legend
J Peterman No GIF

Ellard80

Legend
When you watch the video his dad made this week, its actually pretty insane. He is open non stop and still has a ton of juice. I dont buy into the Odell isn't good anymore narrative. Not at all, just watch the film. But I do think he is a super diva and headcase and locker room nuclear bomb potentially. We all give McVay a ton of credit for making superstar players buy into his culture and fall in line... but man IDK if even McVay could do it with Odell. Maybe though.
I watch a lot of football and have had him in fantasy -

He has been non stop injured for a few years now - and he is not as quick as he once was... he is not the same player.

when he gets the ball he is nowhere near as electric as he once was - not trying to be an ass but im not sure what film you are watching.

i mean yeah he was open a lot and was missed - but that's not the entire story.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Is there something harder than hard pass awe hell no fuck obj?

His daddy must think he’s playing Pop Warner. That idiot on top of the diva? No

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wide open WR's are missed every single game in every game.

It's most often because they are later options in the progression.

If you ever played QB you know it's impossible to view the entire field at once and QB's rarely have time to go back through multiple progressions where the defenses is commonly not playing tight coverage because they are cheating to the primary reads by reading the QB's eyes. This is where Mcvay's designs are constantly winning. The constant tweaks to common routes they show on film allows for targeting what was previously not a primary read for that play. Mcvay talks about it on his coach's talk film if you pay attention.

Also, what Stafford does so well is deceive and move the defense to the wrong part of the field and then come back to the actual primary read. He is destroying teams with this. It's often why our WR's our wide open. The defense is cheating to where they think the ball is going - leaving the real targets open.

Game film also doesn't show just how quickly these defenders can move in position and on the ball when the QB begins to look towards their zones.

So cut up film and cherry pick all you want about open WR's. What seems open is often not open at all.
And the great thing about it is even if defenders know that is what he is doing, there is nothing they can do about it. You just can't peel off a WR that the QB is looking at.

I couldn't agree more to your entire post. Almost word for word what I would have posted. Well done! lol

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I really do not like Odell Beckham Jr.

Rarely look at these things from the player's point-of-view. I can't identify with a famous, wealthy young athlete. I do identify with a die-hard, lifetime fan of a specific team (in this case, the Browns).

Also live in NYC, and followed Beckham's time with the Giants.

The Browns had a terrific 2020 season; and had high expectations for this year. They are struggling at 4-4 but still in the hunt. Similar to where the Rams were mid-way through the 2019 season. Cleveland has had some injuries to its O-Line and RBs (the Browns' running game was their strength last year), and their QB has some significant injuries to his non-throwing shoulder.

This is the point where the Browns need their best players, their veterans, their most highly-compensated players to step-up and both perform and lead. As a fan, that is what I would want and expect. I believe, as an organization or a player, I would also expect that. THAT is NOT what OBJ does in these situations. Didn't do it in NY, and is not doing it now.

Selfish and weak is what I think of players like OBJ. Their great when things are great but they come-up small under adversity ... and it's the team, organization and fans that suffer. To release him now (which is what I expect will happen), simply rewards OBJ.

Assuming he passes through waivers, Cleveland would be on-the-hook for his remaining 2021 salary ($8.2M); and he would be free to sign with a team of his choice; and, maybe, compete for a Super Bowl (perhaps with Divisional-rival Baltimore) ... and it would be the Browns that are paying him!

And that would suck for a Browns' fan.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He was told not to come to Browns practice again today.

They'd rather pay him to not be around the team. That's very telling if you're asking me.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Maybe he can go to the Seahawks or Niners and cause more troubles within their organization with his prima donna attitude.
Seahawks can have OBJ and DK to mess up their team even more if they don’t get more targets.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Couple things rams or no rams here this is just in general:

I believe in giving second sometimes a third chance in sports when it comes to these types of issues most players usually wind up getting it now look at Antonio Brown??? Nutcase winds up getting a Superbowl ring while even non-fans of his were worried he was a mental case and feared for his and others safety turns out for the time being he just needed someone in his corner and someone to help him so that's my view. As far as OBJ.

While OBJ is selfish and weak sometimes these things can be helped or corrected so I agree with him being a terrible teammate but that could be remedied (no I don't mean it has to be the rams).

One point however touchy the subject but we have seen players get 3rd 4th and 5th chances and others disappear but especially immensely talented ones. Just to name a few but I'm sure you guys know a lot more to add to this list but players commit crimes and other terrible stuff way worse than OBJ and yet still get those chances: Hunt, Gregory, Gordon, Aldon Smith, Hill, etc. Now that's just a couple and I know some are for substance abuse but still chances for worse is my point. Many many more to add and didn't Leonard Little play after his situation? I totally forgot??? Dante Stallworth??? So my point is sometimes risk for any team with the right support group and structure can help. Cleveland was not that place nor was it the place for OBJ.

Lastly because of his shit attitude and being weak and selfish that's what I believe is effecting his game he not really into it mentally or whole heartedly so while he taking the game for granted for those reasons which is worse? that or taking the game for granted for domestic abuse gun charges or drugs etc.? I don't believe his skills are done at all I do believe what most of you are saying though about being a me me me selfish a-hole is spot on. Things that can change in the right environment.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He was told not to come to Browns practice again today.

They'd rather pay him to not be around the team. That's very telling if you're asking me.
The Rams had a similar problem they just got rid of.Old School WR DIVAS.

Cooper Kupp & Robert Woods helped change the culture of The Rams Organization when they came in with Sean Mcvay 2017.

I’ve been to training camps when they come out late,but together.Woods wasn’t afraid to come to Mcvay about getting the ball.The willingness to block has always been what separates them in The NFL as well. We First.
DJ1 is gone so will see what happens ! Been Sko & Harris will be excellent additions as seasons go on.Van Jefferson is a pro’s pro.Last season playing behind Reynolds was tough,but he learned a lesson and waited his turn.
Von Miller is such a GREAT veteran fit
that this defense is really going to come together.We can look back at a player like Peters & just be glad The Rams have The Best DB in The NFL.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
My OBJ "if list":

If:

We can afford him
He is healthy
He is willing to accept a limited role
The rest of the WRs are cool with it