OBJ signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Schefter: Odell Beckham Jr to the Rams:

No complaints by this Rams fan

He might be the most overrated WR in the NFL based on his production and injury history since he was traded to the Browns.

He has a strong history of give me the damn ball.

He has a recent history of an NFL WR that has lost half a step and maybe even some of his confidence.

He clearly had enough time to digest why the Rams released DeSean Jackson.

Regardless of why the Rams released DeSean Jackson, OBJ still cherry picked the Rams as the best fit for him.

OBJ had plenty of time to think this out and decided the Rams were the best fit for him.

Thank you for choosing our Rams OBJ
OIP.zVjVXYffFUVYt84-UBSLFgHaHa

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A puzzling signing at first blush…

Let’s see…

Did we really need another #3 WR?

Is OBJ a ‘we, not me’ teammate?

Where is our run blocking TE that forces us to run 11 sets all the time now?

Where is that solid Safety to properly complement Fuller?

Or maybe a dependable 3rd RB for injury insurance?

Honestly, I didn’t see this coming. Not sure I’m a fan of this signing just yet.

OBJ needs to make plays consistently, be a model teammate, and fetch us a juicy comp pick next year (when we’ve already got a max of 4 comps already) to win me over. Good luck with that parlay, man.

Out of all that OBJ if I finally got it right me likely.
Tyler Rapp just gives up to many plays. He plays really well at times, & Nick Scott is good.Burgees is right there S well,so the depth is there.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Are we becoming the 2001 Washington Redskins (Yes, I said it)? The worst Fantasy team in the history of the NFL...

GIF by Entertainment Tonight

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tomorrow we should see a handful of posts talking about how this is a good or a bad signing :D

Doubt he plays this week but anything is possible. Look for him after the bye vs Green Bay the runner up by reports to get him.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Worst case scenario we tell him to go sit at the house so he can't help another team. I like that aspect of it. Maybe he helps, maybe he doesn't, either way he's not helping another team.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I read that part of the problem Baker had with OBJ is that OBJ would run his own routes instead
of the route called. Of course there are always two sides to a story.

Either way I am under the assumption that he was brought in for depth.
Not to be a starter.

Just a side note. not a fan of the signing in the least.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Worst case scenario we tell him to go sit at the house so he can't help another team. I like that aspect of it. Maybe he helps, maybe he doesn't, either way he's not helping another team.
Agreed. I wasn’t really interested in him going to the Rams. I figured a team like the Chargers or Eagles would want him. But once I heard it was between the Rams and Packers I was like “Come on Down OBJ!!

Now Rodgers can keep crying about not having weapons.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I read that part of the problem Baker had with OBJ is that OBJ would run his own routes instead
of the route called. Of course there are always two sides to a story.

Either way I am under the assumption that he was brought in for depth.
Not to be a starter.

Just a side note. not a fan of the signing in the least.
McVay won’t put up with that. He’d get pissed when Cooks wasn’t running his routes correctly, and that was not on purpose.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Does it matter how many great WR’s you have if your O line is vulnerable to strong rushes up the middle and you are late to adapt and move the pocket?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
They’ll be calling us the NY Yankees of football but we are making all these moves under a cap. It’s astounding really. Welcome OBJ! You now definitely are in the spotlight again.

TexasRam

Legend
Keeping him away from Green Bay and potential for a comp makes this a reasonable move.

If we get the old OBJ who knows.

Woods has been in a bad funk with Stafford all year. Maybe OBJ and Stafford are a better match, who knows.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Does it matter how many great WR’s you have if your O line is vulnerable to strong rushes up the middle and you are late to adapt and move the pocket?
I get what your saying but this will give us a safety valve in the slot position for a quick drop off pass plus I don't think McVay will be so stubborn about moving the pocket if Sunday night occurs again

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Agreed, and if that does become the case he will be heading the jackson route
in short time.
Or because he runs the routes and doesn't get the ball. McVay has now recreated the same dynamic he had with Jackson. Signing a veteran and previously or maybe still elite receiver who wants to play and get touches.

Will McVay really use him? I hope McVay has a plan to make this work and to actually get OBJ involved in the offense. If not, he'll end up with another unhappy receiver who will not help the team.