OBJ signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Hard to tell, but you may be right. Seems many have already forgotten that we basically lost two WR's within days of each other. DeSean lost his mind, then TuTu Atwell was injured and hit the IR. Had Jackson kept his mouth shut for just a few more days we may have never been seeking out another WR.
True, but we're talking about depth guys, OBJ is a star pick up and will demand playing time just on talent alone. I don't think k you need to make a splash for a guy who is gonna warm the bench like Jackson and Atwell. This is what makes me think it was a reaction to what happened last Sunday.

Also, I don't want to place the blame completely on Jefferson, last Sunday Stafford sat in the pocket WAY too long waiting for someone to get open on many of the drives. So there's more to it than just jefferson obviously.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
True, but we're talking about depth guys, OBJ is a star pick up and will demand playing time just on talent alone. I don't think k you need to make a splash for a guy who is gonna warm the bench like Jackson and Atwell. This is what makes me think it was a reaction to what happened last Sunday.

Also, I don't want to place the blame completely on Jefferson, last Sunday Stafford sat in the pocket WAY too long waiting for someone to get open on many of the drives. So there's more to it than just jefferson obviously.

I wish we knew exactly when Brian Allen injured himself, and if/when or how often the OG's felt compelled to help him, but I'm guessing that since Allen played 100% of the Center snaps the coaches may have remained unaware of the situation that was developing. Edwards also had a very rough game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

He's a risk for sure but so talented that I get why they signed him. Just hope he buys in. This is really going to come down to OBJ and whether he's fully locked in. If that happens boy could this be a good move.

Also too lazy to look up which offenses he's been exposed to. Hopefully he speaks a little WCO and if not then they'll have to work him in slower than people want.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I wish we knew exactly when Brian Allen injured himself, and if/when or how often the OG's felt compelled to help him, but I'm guessing that since Allen played 100% of the Center snaps the coaches may have remained unaware of the situation that was developing. Edwards also had a very rough game.
Didn't know allen was injured, that sucks. As far as Edward's, he's a big dude and Simmons made him look small. He got straight up bullied. Technique and working on your leverage for these bigger guys can help with that.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
He's a risk for sure but so talented that I get why they signed him. Just hope he buys in. This is really going to come down to OBJ and whether he's fully locked in. If that happens boy could this be a good move.

Also too lazy to look up which offenses he's been exposed to. Hopefully he speaks a little WCO and if not then they'll have to work him in slower than people want.
I want him to succeed, but then that kinda puts us in a predicament next year doesn't it? We gotta cut some people to make room to keep him. I personally don't want Woods gone or anyone else who is a major contributor for that matter.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Didn't know allen was injured, that sucks. As far as Edward's, he's a big dude and Simmons made him look small. He got straight up bullied. Technique and working on your leverage for these bigger guys can help with that.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Man I love this franchise. Watch OBJ just take over games with Stafford and McVay. He’s got a lot left in the tank, don’t let the browns narrative fool ya..watch the film from this year. Dude still has a lot of juice, Baker is just a bad QB no way around it. I love Van Jeff but he takes the hit in this scenario. OBJ could be our best weapon come playoff time that is a real possibility. His hands are unbelievable and in the red zone he’ll be unstoppable.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Ouch, a LOT of negativity over on a Browns message board. Yeah, not surprising, but I thought at least a few of them would be slightly optimistic for OBJ's role with the Rams.

But the majority of posters are saying "Rams will regret this."

Keeping an open mind, but Browns fans do NOT think highly of OBJ's character.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
VanNotImpressed.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Ouch, a LOT of negativity over on a Browns message board. Yeah, not surprising, but I thought at least a few of them would be slightly optimistic for OBJ's role with the Rams.

The Browns have Kareem Hunt.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Hey now! As a Yankee fan I resent that. That was the old Yankees. Your suggestion would be more accurate if you had said the Dodgers.

Since you aren’t high on Odell the only reality you need is that he didn’t go to an opponent like Green Bay.

This is not much different than Tampa Bay last year. Get Brady, bring in Gronk and Antonio Brown to add to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

This is how I felt when a former Red Sox player came to the Yankees. It started with Boggs, then Clemens. I guess those guys weren’t so bad after all.
Who said I wasn’t high on OBJ?
certainly not me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You'd be negative if you lived in Cleveland on the Cuyahoga river.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMCtTnFEujU

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's hope OBJs shoulders hold up for the rest of the season.

The Ramowl

Starter
It's a really fun team to be a fan of, it feels like 60% of the blockbuster moves are all Rams.

So first thing is I think this is where he wanted to go from the beginning which means he will be excited to be in the building. He never wanted to be in Cleveland and was poisonous there, not sure here.
He enters a team that has a lot of stars who buy into the culture, so there is a fair chance he does.
He's as solid a WR3 as you can get I would say, I still have Kupp and Woods top 2 without hesitation.

I wasn't specifically cheering for him to come in, but I'd rather have him in our locker room than in the Packers. And if you look at Antonio Brown who was toxic to the point of wondering if he was a psychiatric case, well he got in a culture under Brady and Arians and he seems to be doing great since. Ramsey was supposed to be toxic and he has been fantastic all around in this team.
I have hope

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO this move was more to keep him off the Packers or anyone in the NFCW. Had Odell gone to the Packers that would have had big implications for the Rams when they play in a few weeks. I'm not overly excited about the move at this point. It depends upon how he is used. Word is Jefferson gets bumped to a rotational WR, as he can play all three positions. So Odell simply replaces Jefferson.

What this does is ensure that teams will be forced to play that double and triple deep shell zones. Now, will McVay's pass attack to shift to the short and medium ranges to force them to come out of that, counting on YAC? If he does this could be a very good signing. I see this as a one-year rental at this point. More than anything, I think Snead was looking down the road and thinking the Rams may face the Bucs in the NFC Championship game. The Bucs went out and signed Antonio Brown to go with Chris Godwin and Mike Evans. Now the Rams counter with Woods, Beckham, and Kupp a much better trio.

Considering McVay's hyper aggressiveness, he probably will threaten the secondary with at least 2 deep routes and one mid-range with Higbee as Stafford's dump off. The Rams now have 3 starting WRs as legit deep threats and DCs have to now cover that. Teams will be in nickel and dime secondaries the entire game.

The run attack should benefit as much as anything. This season is turning out to be one of the wildest I've ever seen.

That said you have to give it to Les Snead. The Rams have a GM with iron balls. No cap? No worries. I just think of it this way. Better Odell on the Rams than the Packers whom they still have to play, or anyone in the NFCW.