OBJ signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And now this ...

256101338_1074975086666864_3590864611138012724_n.jpg

dang

Legend
I like to read our rivals forum to see what their reaction is to moves like this for us. Mainly 49er and Seahawks. Pretty typical. Some of them are like "I'll laugh when it blows up in their faces". Or "OBJ will ruin that team with his attitude".

Then you have the realistic posters "Dayum, why can't our front offices make moves like that?" Or "Meanwhile, here we are holding pat with a losing record."

This seems like a low risk move for the Rams. Sure, OBJ has had his issues with both teams he played for. But the Rams locker room is solid. They won't let someone come in and upset it. When guys who had a perceived problem come here, most of them all of a sudden become team players.

I was worried about Jalen Ramsey. But he's been a solid teammate and has bought into what McVay and the Rams are selling. If there is any team equipped to handle perceived problem players its the Rams.
Bingo. I was skeptical Ramsey would engage into the team concept but he has inspired others to elevate their play, never gives up and is active on promoting the Rams to other vets. If this occurs gor Miller and OBJ the impact to the Rams is deep and lasting. We are witnessing the building of a an elite NFL team that just might result in a dynasty.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't remember writing the bit about the ponzi scheme. I know I did but my opinion has changed. A reference to when I wrote it would be nice.

If unwavering support for anything the Rams do is supposed to be my pov, I guess the 2006 to 2016 era did some lasting damage.

I've learned over time that this regime values players over prospects and it's worked thus far. I'm fine with that. I've adapted and can see how moves like Ramsey and Stafford are sustainable. Adding in our 2nd and 3rd? We've not been doing that. We've been using those pics and espescially the 3rd round has provided some great young players for us. I'm stoked about adding Von, but that's another move that has to work before I celebrate it too much.

With OBJ? I'm glad to have the WR depth. But do I have to be excited about the fact that the Rams appear to be interested in signing every name on the market when so much of my appreciation for Les and Sean comes from their ability to build a good team and coach them up, like any other team. But to fans of 31 other teams, what were doing looks like a circus, bought and paid for and doomed to fail like the Dream Team Eagles. I'll love it if they don't fail. It will all be worth it.

As for OBJ. I'm just not able to get pumped over this one. Maybe I'm desensitized to so many of these kinds of moves

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't remember writing the bit about the ponzi scheme. I know I did but my opinion has changed. A reference to when I wrote it would be nice.

If unwavering support for anything the Rams do is supposed to be my pov, I guess the 2006 to 2016 era did some lasting damage.

I've learned over time that this regime values players over prospects and it's worked thus far. I'm fine with that. I've adapted and can see how moves like Ramsey and Stafford are sustainable. Adding in our 2nd and 3rd? We've not been doing that. We've been using those pics and espescially the 3rd round has provided some great young players for us. I'm stoked about adding Von, but that's another move that has to work before I celebrate it too much.

With OBJ? I'm glad to have the WR depth. But do I have to be excited about the fact that the Rams appear to be interested in signing every name on the market when so much of my appreciation for Les and Sean comes from their ability to build a good team and coach them up, like any other team. But to fans of 31 other teams, what were doing looks like a circus, bought and paid for and doomed to fail like the Dream Team Eagles. I'll love it if they don't fail. It will all be worth it.

As for OBJ. I'm just not able to get pumped over this one. Maybe I'm desensitized to so many of these kinds of moves
One thing you didn't mention about OBJ...We benefit from a Comp pick if he leaves us next year and he cost us no picks. He gets a little over a million dollars, which is chump change in todays NFL, and there are escalators to over 4 million dollars...But he only gets that by a deep run in the playoffs and is not based on receptions and TD's. AND Green Bay and Seahawks don't get him! There are a lot of good reasons why we signed him. All them other teams fans are gonna hate us, because they wanted Stafford, Von Miller and OBJ. We just have to embrace the bad guy role and kick some ass, which is a tall order....

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One thing you didn't mention about OBJ...We benefit from a Comp pick if he leaves us next year and he cost us no picks. He gets a little over a million dollars, which is chump change in todays NFL, and there are escalators to over 4 million dollars...But he only gets that by a deep run in the playoffs and is not based on receptions and TD's. AND Green Bay and Seahawks don't get him! There are a lot of good reasons why we signed him. All them other teams fans are gonna hate us, because they wanted Stafford, Von Miller and OBJ. We just have to embrace the bad guy role and kick some ass, which is a tall order....

I don't disagree, Loyal.
I'm certainly not against it in theory. It's not a risky move, like others have been. It's just the optics I guess.

It's like the uniforms. I don't hate them. It's just a rebrand and I'm adjusting slower to this one.

Its like when you have your favorite TV series, and the story lines just go off the rails. You thought you knew the characters, their story arcs, etc.
I don't know...

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I have to say... the Rams really kept a lid on this one. Von Miller too. They run a tight ship at Rams Park.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Don't give 2 shits what he thinks......he's not a Ram anymore so fuck his opinion.

Strange thing.....(Maybe I'm just interjecting my own tone for JJ's).....it seemed like he was saying it more "matter of fact" than any slam either way and his thoughts line up with at least half of the Rams fans.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Don't give 2 shits what he thinks......he's not a Ram anymore so fuck his opinion.
I mean he really has no reason to be salty. He got what he was worth granted it wasn’t with the Rams but still. He has worked with OBJ and his opinion holds more water than ours at the moment.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I’m looking at how the Rams financially maneuvered:

Von Miller for $722k
OBJ for $1.25m

I would have thought either would have been financially impossible but both!!
Of course they're both $ impossible for next year...So we get both for just less than a 1/2 season rental...I just don't in general like rentals...Not sure why...Admittedly these 2 guys are not the prototypical rentals in that they cost pocket lint...I guess I should shut up and wait for the Lombardi presentation...

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I mean he really has no reason to be salty. He got what he was worth granted it wasn’t with the Rams but still. He has worked with OBJ and his opinion holds more water than ours at the moment.
Yeah I know, but no his opinion doesn't mean crap. Loved him as a Ram, but could care less what he thinks as it matters what current Rams think.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yeah I know he answered the question and I usually cuss like a sailor on the norm lol. Just being frank more than anything. I'd treat it similar to getting Goff's opinion. Hopefully that last part doesn't start a Goff thread lol