OBJ signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Can he block
Who knows yet. But he's 5-11, 198, 10" mitts, 32.75" arms (longer than 6-2 Kupp's), so I would hope so. He'll certainly be asked to by McVay.
He & Ramsey can spar w/ each other in practice. If he don't know how to block, Woods & Kupp can teach him how it's done.
I said in another thread, "hard pass" but he's a Ram now, so you go help yourself & your new team get a ring in their new stadium, OBJ.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One year contract ?

I'm sure it's already been answered on here , and I missed it

what exactly does this one year contract mean

the rest of this year , which is half over

or is it for next year as well

what one "year" are we talking ?
Through the end of this year only.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too much angst for my blood. I have reservations, but the idea that we are not doing it as a team and instead trying to pile up questionable players so it won't be a good win if we win the Superbowl doesn't hold water for me. I'm sure Tampon fans don't look at it that way.

I don't like divas but it's not like the guy is a known dirt bag or beats his wife - that I know of.

I have been a Ram fan way too long to let one or two players make me question my loyalty to my team of 50+ years.

He's a Ram now. I will cheer him on like any other Ram player.

And holy fuck does this FO have balls.
Whoa..Wut are you saying? ~ Billy Devaney

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like OBJ but if this dude helps us get a championship I'll buy his fuckin jersey. Welcome to the Rams and I hope this works out.
xVrnEeG.jpg

sloramfan

Starter
doing everything we can to win a superbowl???

emphatically yes!!!

hell, we're not the patriots, that cheat to get the lombardi...

we are doing it legit... everything we have done is on the up and up... so what if OBJ preferred us... that's not our problem, it's everyone else's problem...

just make it work OBJ... it's on you... this team was already stacked...

go rams

slo

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was this team really just an OBJ away from the SB? Not to my eye....strange signing. Hope it works out...
Who knows, We have been dropping WRs like crazy. God forbid if we lost one of our top 3, we would be screwed. This signing could possibly be very valuable in the future.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm okay with this, it's not a big gamble like tossing out two 2nd and 3rd round picks. This move gives us the absolute best WR group in the NFL. Hopefully we can find him enough targets.

Shuie3225

Starter
There's a world where down the stretch and into the playoffs, OBJ is the best WR on this roster. Or 2nd best at least. That is a possibility people aren't acknowledging. The Browns have been the #1 or #2 rushing offense the last three years. Their pass concepts are bad and Baker Mayfield is an average QB at best. Kupp is playing out of his mind this year, but it's possible OBJ is the most talented WR on this roster, or contributes more than Woods down the stretch. With Stafford and McVay who knows how he looks in a month or two as we head into the playoffs. He still looks very good on film this year, I was super impressed. Everyone said Antonio Brown was washed up when he went to TB, and that Mike Evans and Godwin were way better..but if AB is healthy, thats the WR I fear the most in TB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd say we needed a TE before receiver, but I get where youre coming from. I'm just not sure they were looking for another receiver bc they used their 4th receiver in Jackson very little. His injury history may be the reason, but OBJ is also injury prone, so that reasoning cancels itself out imo. I feel Jefferson dropping that catch (I think there were actually 2 clutch catches he dropped last week) may have pushed McVay to seek someone who can absolutely make those hard catches.

They put in a claim for Josh Reynolds. They were in fact looking to add a WR.

100% snaps for Woods and Kupp and 96% for VJ? That’s not sustainable

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This team is crazy.

Unbelievable.

And the Oscar for most dramatic GM goes to Les Snead.

So DeSean left because he wasn't getting enough touches.... And OBJ let the Browns because of not enough touches... so remind me, how is OBJ gonna get enough touches?
I imagine touching a ring will be good enough for OBJ, or he can go sign with the raiders like DJax.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
Can't say i like it, but i was wrong once before. ;)

IMO he's not the same gifted WR he once was and not a fit with the leaders on this team. We'll see.
Hopefully the desire to win a SB ring will rejuvenate his athleticsm and be a good corporate citizen.. or at least that what I'm hoping for

Ram65

Legend
Keep it rolling to see OBJ as a Giant.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANS77oWei9M

These are catches Jefferson just won't make. Stafford does not have to be pinpoint accuracate throwing to OBJ. OBJ can get open short and deep. It will be interesting to see how fast OBJ picks up the offense. The Rams get the bye week to get both him and Von Miller coached up.

OBJ is a passing, running, and catching threat. I wonder as the season moves on if the Rams let him return punts too. I don't see a downside heading into the second half of the season.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
They put in a claim for Josh Reynolds. They were in fact looking to add a WR.

100% snaps for Woods and Kupp and 96% for VJ? That’s not sustainable
I'm saying they were in the market for a wr after this last game, but previous to that I do not believe they were. Reynolds requested a release Tuesday, so that makes sense considering the timeline.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well one thing we have now at WR is great depth. Makes up for the whole DJax thing and puts us back in a really good spot.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I have to admit I didnt think the Rams would have interest in OBJ after the way things went in cleveland. But OBJ saw what happened when DJax complained about not enough playing time, so I'm sure he understands the Rams wont put up with diva bullshit. He starts complaining and he will be cut.