Noteboom

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I will be pissed if the game plan isn't all about keeping Stafford clean this week. Play tough D and do what ever it takes to run the ball. If running from 11 personel doesn't work go to 12 or 13. Just keep Stafford clean.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Saw some PFF grades posted by Shecky on another site. They gave Noteboom a 7.2 in pass blocking, which aligns nicely with what my eyes told me. The dude fucking sucks ball sack in pass pro. He bled pressures all game until he was hurt, and got pushed around as per usual.

Oh but he graded 80 in run blocking. Unfortunately that wasn't what we needed from him at LT.
That's unusual for him was better at PB than RB in the past I thought.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's unusual for him was better at PB than RB in the past I thought.
I presume the run grade had to do with the fact that Detroit's ends had their ears pinned waaaay back. If McVay had dialed up a ton of runs Detroit would have shut it down.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
11.6 mill cap hit for a guy who couldnt make it 11.6 minutes before getting hurt

Boom can play when he plays. The problem is he is not reliable.

I recall when I was a manager and my subordinate supervisors would tell me that "so and so is a good employee WHEN they show up"

My response was that I'd rather have someone who is always there and willing to work than having someone who might be more talented but unreliable. Not quite the same thing as football but I think you guys get the point.

LOURam85

Rookie
I think McVay needs a season of pain and misery from LT to force the need into his head. Because look at Edge and the last draft... The Rams tried to move up for a TE. Now granted I like Bowers and his game very much. I know McVay would have made him insanely good in this offense. But we so badly needed that Edge so we lucked out that he couldn't get up there to take Bowers.

Next year's draft will be the same shit most likely. He'll want a WR or something. And maybe he can continue to run an offense with smoke and mirrors at LT, but to me it just feels like QB abuse. So I certainly hope LT is prioritized. We're gonna need to move up into top 15 range to get one most likely.
I think first round pick next year is qb or wr …. They need a top tier x receiver… I could also see them planning for life without stafford

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I will be pissed if the game plan isn't all about keeping Stafford clean this week. Play tough D and do what ever it takes to run the ball. If running from 11 personel doesn't work go to 12 or 13. Just keep Stafford clean.
Agree. The Rams offense woks so much better with play action. Need better run/pass balance this week..

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams don't solve the Left Tackle issue with a healthy legit starter, we won't win another Super Bowl while Matthew Stafford is here. If we protect him (Stafford), he's good for two years.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I said it when we re-signed Noteboom long ago that he was fucking useless because of his injury history. Best ability is availability. McVay is developing a pattern of holding on to useless offensive lineman. Demby, Evans, Noteboom. Love coach but damn. I got a bunch of no's last time I mentioned this name but David Bakhitiari anyone? :laugh1:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Would you prefer Arcuri over him? McClendon? Larson?

We have nothing at the moment. We're better off keeping him, as bad as he may be, than be forced to rely on Arcuri again.
Can't be depth if you can't stop getting hurt. Sorry but Noteboom is a waste of roster space. He's a proven injury waiting to happen.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He’s a FA after the season.
But still will cost the Rams 10mill in 2025
This is exactly why I know I was personally pissed about altering his contract. I'm not surprised at all that he's hurt. I wanted his ass gone long ago. There's more room on that bus for those finally fed up with his if I sneeze I'm out hurt ass.

LOURam85

Rookie
If the Rams don't solve the Left Tackle issue with a healthy legit starter, we won't win another Super Bowl while Matthew Stafford is here. If we protect him (Stafford), he's good for two years.
Why didn’t rams wanna give Stafford extension then they only gave him 5 more mill they can potentially still go away from him (not that they will)

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
McVay, knew that Arcuri was going against the Lions best pass rusher why did he not put a TE over there to help him block the edge? As for Noteboom, I hope I never see that made out of glass SOB ever take another snap wearing the horns.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This is exactly why I know I was personally pissed about altering his contract.
The original contract extension Noteboom signed in 2022 was cap friendly in 2022 ($3.5M) and 2023 ($6.5M). His 2024 cap hit was $20M before the restructure that took it down to the current $11.6M (reduction of $8.4M).

That 2024 savings helped the Rams be active this past-March but will also result in a $10M hit next year ... Void year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why didn’t rams wanna give Stafford extension then they only gave him 5 more mill they can potentially still go away from him (not that they will)
Caution? Teams don't want to commit themselves until they have to. I don't think there is much danger of Staff wanting to go elsewhere since his LA situation is so great with McVay.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The original contract extension Noteboom signed in 2022 was cap friendly in 2022 ($3.5M) and 2023 ($6.5M). His 2024 cap hit was $20M before the restructure that took it down to the current $11.6M (reduction of $8.4M).

That 2024 savings helped the Rams be active this past-March but will also result in a $10M hit next year ... Void year.
My question is what would have been the impact before the restructure if we got rid if him? (which is what I wanted the Rams to originally do)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
My question is what would have been the impact before the restructure if we got rid if him? (which is what I wanted the Rams to originally do)
Good and reasonable question but you will need to do your own research on that.

Bet there's a thread or two that discusses it, prior to the March restructure.

Remember to ... Show your work ... There will be a Quiz at the end of the week.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
If Stafford plays past this year it should be our only priority in offseason. Idc what they have to trade or do just get a stud LT. I was all for trading up for Alt this year if we got the chance. Wasn't realistic but would have been nice. Are there any disgruntled LTs out there in the league we can snag before trade deadline lol?
The Team let down Stafford. they needed solid tackle play to keep him upright for longevity this year and next year minimum. we have a few more games to patch together and then we need that LT to win this year... now. hero ball will only get Stafford injured and intercepted as amazing as he is. Why is it always something when we get a star player? Go Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good and reasonable question but you will need to do your own research on that.

Bet there's a thread or two that discusses it, prior to the March restructure.

Remember to ... Show your work ... There will be a Quiz at the end of the week.
But we go to the expert for his analysis (get busy, stat boi!)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Caution? Teams don't want to commit themselves until they have to. I don't think there is much danger of Staff wanting to go elsewhere since his LA situation is so great with McVay.
This.

People read too much into the Stafford contract negotiations this summer. We don’t have any idea what will happen here. We just saw what Stafford did in a game where his protection was horrible. He also carried the Rams to a Super Bowl win. I don’t see where the Rams find anyone comparable with a late round pick. At best they have to draft a developmental QB and sit them for a year or more.

The only way Stafford moving on makes sense is if the Rams commit to a full rebuild and decide to shed all of their veteran contracts, which seems like an odd way to compete.