Noteboom

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched it a few times, the original announcers mentioned it on the replay, it looked like a simple step on the ankle.......maybe the cleat torn up something?
Possibly. Hopefully it's a short term one. This offensive line needs depth back ASAP!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

At least if hav comes back next week they can move McClendon to the left side.

Please no more arcuri.

Unless noteboom gets over his boo boo in time. Then McClendon can back him up and get ready to hit the field after the first qtr.

How sad is it that we are hoping McClendon can move to the left and help us out. Because when he gets focused by an opposing rush it's gonna be ugly again. He is going to require chips and help on any dropback deeper than 3 steps. Hell even 3 step drops a chip is a good plan.

Also re: Arcuri I just want to say the dude probably had zero fucking snaps or prep. The Rams undoubtedly spent all their effort in trying to ensure Boom was ready for what they knew was a nasty matchup. Which is like pissing in the Grand Canyon to fill it up. Complete and total fucking waste of time.

What I would do is spend the entire week preparing Arcuri. Give him the snaps and work, as he badly needs it and maybe he can finish a fucking game for us at LT. I wouldn't fuck with McClendon's feet, because for one I am not a staff member so I don't know whether McClendon is a guy who is disturbed by inverting his feet and I value what he has given us so far. And note that McClendon gave up his share of pressures. It wasn't like he stonewalled anyone. He just wasn't as bad as the shitters we had on the left.

But no more time and prep should be spent on Boom. If you want to start him if and when he magically turns out to be healthy enough to play in the next game, fine. Start him. But don't give him the snaps. Because he is a total fucking waste of focus. Use those snaps instead on one of these kids who we can actually count on, even if it's ugly.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
How sad is it that we are hoping McClendon can move to the left and help us out. Because when he gets focused by an opposing rush it's gonna be ugly again. He is going to require chips and help on any dropback deeper than 3 steps. Hell even 3 step drops a chip is a good plan.

Also re: Arcuri I just want to say the dude probably had zero fucking snaps or prep. The Rams undoubtedly spent all their effort in trying to ensure Boom was ready for what they knew was a nasty matchup. Which is like pissing in the Grand Canyon to fill it up. Complete and total fucking waste of time.

What I would do is spend the entire week preparing Arcuri.
Give him the snaps and work, as he badly needs it and maybe he can finish a fucking game for us at LT. I wouldn't fuck with McClendon's feet, because for one I am not a staff member so I don't know whether McClendon is a guy who is disturbed by inverting his feet and I value what he has given us so far. And note that McClendon gave up his share of pressures. It wasn't like he stonewalled anyone. He just wasn't as bad as the shitters we had on the left.

But no more time and prep should be spent on Boom. If you want to start him if and when he magically turns out to be healthy enough to play in the next game, fine. Start him. But don't give him the snaps. Because he is a total fucking waste of focus. Use those snaps instead on one of these kids who we can actually count on, even if it's ugly.
I wouldn't do the bolded. Arcuri was about as effective in pass pro as I would be. Hutch literally ran by him like he wasn't there every play. I don't know that anyone can do worse.

Psycho_X

Legend
Agreed, the only person who was probably happy with Acuri coming into the game was McLendon because it got Hutchinson off his side for most of the game. He was better than Acuri (not a hard task to be better) and was getting handled pretty easily by Hutch.

Idk what the answer is for next week. Not really any good options unless we can pull a miracle off and grab someone off the streets like Ty Nsekhe back in 2022 who was serviceable. Luckily it's the Cardinals who I wouldn't sleep on but at least it's not the Whiners who we'll have AJ back for.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah the Cards don't have a Hutch or Bosa. But I would really hate to see Collins made to look like a fucking future HoF. Goddamn I am so fucking tired of worrying about LT. Feel sorry for Stafford. Every fucking year.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah the Cards don't have a Hutch or Bosa. But I would really hate to see Collins made to look like a fucking future HoF. Goddamn I am so fucking tired of worrying about LT. Feel sorry for Stafford. Every fucking year.
If Stafford plays past this year it should be our only priority in offseason. Idc what they have to trade or do just get a stud LT. I was all for trading up for Alt this year if we got the chance. Wasn't realistic but would have been nice. Are there any disgruntled LTs out there in the league we can snag before trade deadline lol?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They need to sign Donovan Smith.
I think he’d have to be better than Arcuri was. Just about any vet would. The problem though, is finding one that can learn the Rams blocking scheme quickly. Is there anyone from a similar offense?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Stafford plays past this year it should be our only priority in offseason. Idc what they have to trade or do just get a stud LT. I was all for trading up for Alt this year if we got the chance. Wasn't realistic but would have been nice. Are there any disgruntled LTs out there in the league we can snag before trade deadline lol?
I think McVay needs a season of pain and misery from LT to force the need into his head. Because look at Edge and the last draft... The Rams tried to move up for a TE. Now granted I like Bowers and his game very much. I know McVay would have made him insanely good in this offense. But we so badly needed that Edge so we lucked out that he couldn't get up there to take Bowers.

Next year's draft will be the same shit most likely. He'll want a WR or something. And maybe he can continue to run an offense with smoke and mirrors at LT, but to me it just feels like QB abuse. So I certainly hope LT is prioritized. We're gonna need to move up into top 15 range to get one most likely.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he’d have to be better than Arcuri was. Just about any vet would. The problem though, is finding one that can learn the Rams blocking scheme quickly. Is there anyone from a similar offense?
Good point. I liked him as a veteran option but I dunno about scheme fit. I can't think of any other options.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I'd like to see Boom gone after this year. I don't see him ever being a starter and holding the job down and he's not good enough to spot start. He seems valuable when he has to come in mid game but too unreliable for anything more. Arcuri looked very uninspiring. He's probably not much better but I wonder if they give Connor McDermott a try against the Cards.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw some PFF grades posted by Shecky on another site. They gave Noteboom a 7.2 in pass blocking, which aligns nicely with what my eyes told me. The dude fucking sucks ball sack in pass pro. He bled pressures all game until he was hurt, and got pushed around as per usual.

Oh but he graded 80 in run blocking. Unfortunately that wasn't what we needed from him at LT.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I'm hoping Denver loses every game (cuz I don't like their coach) so that they are sellers at the trade deadline. I'd like to see us trade for Garett Bolles. He's a top 8-12 vet LT who is a free agent after this season.

I don't know if he'll sign long-term in Denver.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder what you all think is acceptable for pressures by a LT. Because it felt like damn near every time the Rams dropped to pass he gave up a pressure. LT is supposed to stone the edge, in my mind, on most drops. Not half or less.

And on the occasions he is actually between the QB and the rusher he's on the QB's lap.

I suppose I need to accept I have something against the dude. I'm like his step dad, he's just never gonna measure up.
You have to expect some pressure from great players like Hutchinson. You are 100% right! Every time Stafford dropped back he was very aware pressure was coming from the left.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm curious to hear what you cap nerds think re: what it would cost the Rams to cut Noteboom. Looks like a $20M cap hit this year on sportrac. Also next year has a void and lists $10M cap hit. So would cutting him result in $20M this year and $10M this year?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Done with Noteboom as well, but it makes more sense to keep him and let him play out this year than cut him. We have no depth at left tackle other than him.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have no depth at left tackle with him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We have no depth at left tackle with him.

Would you prefer Arcuri over him? McClendon? Larson?

We have nothing at the moment. We're better off keeping him, as bad as he may be, than be forced to rely on Arcuri again.