Noteboom

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
But we go to the expert for his analysis (get busy, stat boi!)

Excuse You!!! ... it's Super STAT MAN!

1725980047823.png

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Good and reasonable question but you will need to do your own research on that.

Bet there's a thread or two that discusses it, prior to the March restructure.

Remember to ... Show your work ... There will be a Quiz at the end of the week.
You bastard :laugh1:.....well I'm busy rushing the kids the school so I can't research it either. I'm going to assume that we would have saved money that could have been used this year. By the way, I'm just copying the smart kid on the quiz hahaha

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
probably no Jackson and White in free agency
Not sure if that's necessarily true without knowing the numbers... apologized but I has failed to mention I wonder what the cap hit would be if we traded him when we had that chance. Im guessing we would have gotten a very late future round pick for him haha

Last edited:

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Are ppl really surprised or disappointed that not only did he get hurt almost immediately but he was bad before that? I'm more upset mcsnead kept him around.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Team let down Stafford. they needed solid tackle play to keep him upright for longevity this year and next year minimum. we have a few more games to patch together and then we need that LT to win this year... now. hero ball will only get Stafford injured and intercepted as amazing as he is. Why is it always something when we get a star player? Go Rams.
The team did not let Stafford down. If anyone did, it was Alaric Jackson. The Rams had a plan, with Noteboom as a BACK UP, and AJ screwed it up. Shit happens.

dang

Legend
The team did not let Stafford down. If anyone did, it was Alaric Jackson. The Rams had a plan, with Noteboom as a BACK UP, and AJ screwed it up. Shit happens.
Ajax better come out blasting people in week 3. Did anyone find out what he did to get the suspension?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Noteboom being the backup is a problem when you need a backup for the backup.

The Office Batman GIF

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But Bro, a back-up should be able to give you a couple of games in relief. Boom specializes in letting the team down by his lack of availability. BTW, I am NOT giving Alaric a pass on this at all. I'm still pizzed at him.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
My question is what would have been the impact before the restructure if we got rid if him? (which is what I wanted the Rams to originally do)
Noteboom had a $20 mil. cap hit prior to the restructure. If they cut him, they would have had a $15 mil. dead cap hit and saved $5 mil.

After the restructure, his 2024 cap hit is $11.6 mil. as @Allen2McVay mentioned which saves $3.4 mil. versus cutting him.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Cut his ass after the season and eat the dead money he is a liability that can't be counted on. Move on for any of the players that are nothing more than dead weight and give some else a chance and see what they do.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Cut his ass after the season and eat the dead money he is a liability that can't be counted on. Move on for any of the players that are nothing more than dead weight and give some else a chance and see what they do.
Noteboom is only under contract through this year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Noteboom had a $20 mil. cap hit prior to the restructure. If they cut him, they would have had a $15 mil. dead cap hit and saved $5 mil.

After the restructure, his 2024 cap hit is $11.6 mil. as @Allen2McVay mentioned which saves $3.4 mil. versus cutting him.
Thx for that info. Not sure if you saw my other post but I also wonder if there would have been more savings had we traded Noteboom vs restructuring? Capologists, need your help here :laugh1:

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Thx for that info. Not sure if you saw my other post but I also wonder if there would have been more savings had we traded Noteboom vs restructuring? Capologists, need your help here :laugh1:
No idea. Given his contract and contribution, a trade was probably not possible.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody would have traded for him. IIRC He was due 15 mill for 2024 before he restructured

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Are ppl really surprised or disappointed that not only did he get hurt almost immediately but he was bad before that? I'm more upset mcsnead kept him around.
McVay or Jourdan said he was hurt at the beginning of the game but tried to play through it, which explains why he looked bad. I think Boom is probably one of the better backup LTs around the league, just injury-prone.

Last edited:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
So rewatching the game. Paying close attention to when Avila got injured. It was on Stafford's INT. Acuri was dumbfounded by a spin move (the first of many times) and let hutch by. Then reached out and grabbed him around the waist with both arms and fell over on to the back of Avila's legs. So having Boom's injury prone ass on the team basically cost us 2 injuries not just one. Not to mention a touchdown later in the game.

This reminds me of a software engineer who couldn't code himself out of a paper bag. We kept telling the project manager how bad he was but he wouldn't fire him. A year later he got laid off. 1 1/2 years after that we were still finding bugs in our product on the code he did. Big damage to the rep of the company and untold financial loss because they hung on to someone they new was a liability.

My Product manager just didn't want to go thru the hassle of firing and then replacing him. The Rams gambled and have paid a huge price.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Noteboom’s contract after Big Whit retired turned out to be a major mistake. Rams were stuck with an overpaid player. They have tried to salvage something from him using him as a backup in multiple positions which might have worked if the guy wasn’t made of glass. Rams need to dump him this offseason and eat the dead money. The Joe Noteboom disaster can’t carry in 2025. He’s been stealing a paycheck his entire NFL career. Send him where you sent Evans.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Noteboom’s contract after Big Whit retired turned out to be a major mistake. Rams were stuck with an overpaid player. They have tried to salvage something from him using him as a backup in multiple positions which might have worked if the guy wasn’t made of glass. Rams need to dump him this offseason and eat the dead money. The Joe Noteboom disaster can’t carry in 2025. He’s been stealing a paycheck his entire NFL career. Send him where you sent Evans.
This is his last year, he's a free agent after this season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Noteboom’s contract after Big Whit retired turned out to be a major mistake. ... Rams need to dump him this offseason and eat the dead money. The Joe Noteboom disaster can’t carry in 2025.

Agree on the first thought but the Rams were in a tough spot on the O-Line after winning the Super Bowl.

With Whitworth retiring; plus Allen, Corbett and Noteboom all free agents, the Rams could have lost four of their top-six O-Linemen. At the time, retaining Noteboom and Allen seemed like a good thing. Certainly did not work-out well.

On the next point, Noteboom is Not under contract beyond this season. The Rams will still take a cap hit as 2025 is a Void year on Noteboom.