Noteboom restructured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
So you're of the mind, it's all one-sided? The players agents don't "ask" for anything. The Rams just offer it up? No negotiation? I wonder how all these current critics would feel if after trading for Ramsey, the Rams said, "nope. He's just like he was in Jacksonville. Wants too much money. Wants to break the bank. We're letting him walk." I can hear it now.....

"WTF are you doing? You just traded for the guy. He's fucking awesome. Give him the money. We want to win!!!"
Dramatic much?

Let me ask you, when Snead signed Austin to his extension- what’d you think?
What about Gurley? There was no need at that time to extend him. Let alone for so much and that long.
Heck, even Goff could have waited another year before an extension was done.
Why so much to Wags when he had very little league interest, we don’t value MLB much and we had a much bigger need at OLB/Edge.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Dramatic much?

Let me ask you, when Snead signed Austin to his extension- what’d you think?
What about Gurley? There was no need at that time to extend him. Let alone for so much and that long.
Heck, even Goff could have waited another year before an extension was done.
Why so much to Wags when he had very little league interest, we don’t value MLB much and we had a much bigger need at OLB/Edge.
Dramatic? Tell me you wouldn't have been whining if they let Ramsey go in 2020 instead of extending him?

The signings? All true. So they don't resign Gurley or Goff when they did and they go out and have stellar seasons, suddenly they cost more right? Remember, it doesn't count because Goff actually didn't have a stellar season. That's hindsight. But from what the Rams saw they thought it wise to lock them up a year early rather than a year later for even more money.

Why Wagner for so much money? To get him. But was it the money that bothered you or the years? He had very little interest elsewhere? You know that for a fact? So you want the Rams to approach things not from a proactive stance but a wait and see stance, right? Don't go after anybody. Let them come to you.

It's never fails to amaze me how fans can put on the hindsight glasses and always be right!

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Dramatic? Tell me you wouldn't have been whining if they let Ramsey go in 2020 instead of extending him?

The signings? All true. So they don't resign Gurley or Goff when they did and they go out and have stellar seasons, suddenly they cost more right? Remember, it doesn't count because Goff actually didn't have a stellar season. That's hindsight. But from what the Rams saw they thought it wise to lock them up a year early rather than a year later for even more money.

Why Wagner for so much money? To get him. But was it the money that bothered you or the years? He had very little interest elsewhere? You know that for a fact? So you want the Rams to approach things not from a proactive stance but a wait and see stance, right? Don't go after anybody. Let them come to you.

It's never fails to amaze me how fans can put on the hindsight glasses and always be right!
It’s not hindsight. Those issues happen. The Ramsey deal imo was fine. I’d have been fine keeping him.

I’m talking about deals that didn’t need to happen. Gurley could have had another huge season - he still wasn’t getting more than what we got. Come back to reality.

Goff - he was paid top dollar and paid as if he’d get better. Even if he had another good year, I don’t see him getting more than he got. But at least it’s understandable. The Gurley and Austin deals were flat out horrible at the time — and in hindsight it played out predictably so.

If you want to think wags had tons of suitors and willing to pay him last year, then ok. We disagree. Imo all the report said otherwise. It’s also why it dragged on so long.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It’s not hindsight. Those issues happen. The Ramsey deal imo was fine. I’d have been fine keeping him.

I’m talking about deals that didn’t need to happen. Gurley could have had another huge season - he still wasn’t getting more than what we got. Come back to reality.

Goff - he was paid top dollar and paid as if he’d get better. Even if he had another good year, I don’t see him getting more than he got. But at least it’s understandable. The Gurley and Austin deals were flat out horrible at the time — and in hindsight it played out predictably so.

If you want to think wags had tons of suitors and willing to pay him last year, then ok. We disagree. Imo all the report said otherwise. It’s also why it dragged on so long.
Gurley signed a 4 year extension worth 45 mil (11.25 mil per year) prior to 2018. What kind of year did he have? The Franchise Tag number for RBs at that time was 14.5 mil. Was he really overpaid? Because he was injured? Hindsight.

They overpaid Goff (4 yrs/134 mil) a little but after what they saw in 2017 and 2018.....especially 2018.....it was a smart deal. Prescott played under the franchise tag in 2020 @ 31.5 mil. Then signed a 4 yr/ 160 mil deal in 2021. Had they not extended Goff in September 2019 and waited until 2021, what would he have cost (if he played like he did in 2017-18)? Hindsight.

It's proactive. Pass less now than later. But fans will nitpick and such. BTW, how did Goff's contract prevent us from winning the SB? They took a 24 mil cap hit in 2021. Was he on our dead money list in 2022? The 2023 season?

And you were "fine" with the Ramsey deal but you didn't answer my question. Had they not extended him would you have been pissed?

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Gurley signed a 4 year extension worth 45 mil (11.25 mil per year) prior to 2018. What kind of year did he have? The Franchise Tag number for RBs at that time was 14.5 mil. Was he really overpaid? Because he was injured? Hindsight.

They overpaid Goff (4 yrs/134 mil) a little but after what they saw in 2017 and 2018.....especially 2018.....it was a smart deal. Prescott played under the franchise tag in 2020 @ 31.5 mil. Then signed a 4 yr/ 160 mil deal in 2021. Had they not extended Goff in September 2019 and waited until 2021, what would he have cost (if he played like he did in 2017-18)? Hindsight.

It's proactive. Pass less now than later. But fans will nitpick and such. BTW, how did Goff's contract prevent us from winning the SB? They took a 24 mil cap hit in 2021. Was he on our dead money list in 2022? The 2023 season?

And you were "fine" with the Ramsey deal but you didn't answer my question. Had they not extended him would you have been pissed?
Most important part of the contract is the guaranteed money.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Most important part of the contract is the guaranteed money.
Yeah, so how did it hurt us?.....in hindsight of course? I'll tell ya, 2018 was fun but 2021 was a fookin GAS!!!! Tell me, how did it hurt us? Or are you gonna tell me, "it's not if it hurt us, it's the fact it could have". :rolleyes:

And the most important part of the contract is if you have to eat any of it, can you?

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I don’t know why you keep trying to go back to Ramsey. It’s weird. I said that deal was acceptable. We paid a ton to get him and needed to keep him happy. They knew he wanted to get paid. Fine.
But yet you Kee bringing it up like it’s a something we’re arguing about. Just weird.

Plus you’re having this odd hypothetical scenario for who know what reason. It’s pointless and dumb. It would be as dumb as if I said something like would you be happy with the Ramsey deal if we had not won the superbowl. That’s dumb. As is your hypothetical Ramsey comment. Just move on.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Yeah, so how did it hurt us?.....in hindsight of course? I'll tell ya, 2018 was fun but 2021 was a fookin GAS!!!! Tell me, how did it hurt us? Or are you gonna tell me, "it's not if it hurt us, it's the fact it could have". :rolleyes:

And the most important part of the contract is if you have to eat any of it, can you?
Did we win the SB in the 2018 season? 2019? 2020? 2022? Maybe if we were even just slightly better cap mgmt wise and causing dead cap hits (not to mention ignoring needs for drafting toys) we’d have won one of those years.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Did we win the SB in the 2018 season? 2019? 2020? 2022? Maybe if we were even just slightly better cap mgmt wise and causing dead cap hits (not to mention ignoring needs for drafting toys) we’d have won one of those years.
Oh okay. I see where you're coming from. We need to win every year. If we don't, somebody fooked up. We're supposed to sign all the good players, at team friendly prices. What's so hard about that? Lotsa teams do it right? I think I know what that's called. Madden 2023.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Oh okay. I see where you're coming from. We need to win every year. If we don't, somebody fooked up. We're supposed to sign all the good players, at team friendly prices. What's so hard about that? Lotsa teams do it right? I think I know what that's called. Madden 2023.
Again with the straw man - going to extremes for no reason and hyperbole. You seem to be more focused on trying to win an argument; rather than have a valid discussion on a topic that’s not black/white. I’m done - You win.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Two Questions for our ROD members who are positive :hug::startstruck::giggle:about Noteboom being our starting in 2023:

#1-Can anybody name me a season in that Noteboom was selected as a starter initially at the beginning of the regular season when he did NOT get injured/placed on the Injured Reserve thus having to be replaced by another OL or several other OL'ers?

#2-Of Noteboom's past five NFL seasons which year or years did he not get placed on the Injured Reserve?

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Two Questions for our ROD members who are positive :hug::startstruck::giggle:about Noteboom being our starting in 2023:

#1-Can anybody name me a season in that Noteboom was selected as a starter initially at the beginning of the regular season when he did NOT get injured/placed on the Injured Reserve thus having to be replaced by another OL or several other OL'ers?

#2-Of Noteboom's past five NFL seasons which year or years did he not get placed on the Injured Reserve?
I've got a 3rd question for you. Who are you going to replace him with? How will we acquire this upgrade? How will we pay this player? A three part third question really.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
We save a ton on a serviceable player and what a spirited bunch of peeps!

I remember Noteboom stepping up doing an all-pro job in 2021.

I remember last year as being a disaster even if Noteboom would have started every game and went to the pro-bowl. Everyone failed. The injury bug was unprecedented.

This year is interesting with the turnover.

As of now I still see a good team taking the field and an opportunity to let our scouting do the job they have been excellent at doing. First round picks are largely wipeouts. Second round picks about as good. Third on down is where the scout and coaching has been a proven success for this team.

I have been repeating this quote from Bill Parcell for years, "You don't win championships with great players, you win with good players and great coaching". How many Head Coaches in the NFL are with winning teams from the McVay tree in six short years?

Can't figure out why the trust is gone.

GO RAMS!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep Boom was basically unavoidable. I had reservations on the guy but it was hard to argue with their approach. Still don't fault them for going that route.

Wondering if they manage to move him in a trade. Might be a team dumb enough to bite.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yep Boom was basically unavoidable. I had reservations on the guy but it was hard to argue with their approach. Still don't fault them for going that route.

Wondering if they manage to move him in a trade. Might be a team dumb enough to bite.
I doubt Noteboom would have gotten any better offers from any other team. His health and play on the field wasn’t getting him any starting OLT offers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We save a ton on a serviceable player and what a spirited bunch of peeps!

I remember Noteboom stepping up doing an all-pro job in 2021.

I remember last year as being a disaster even if Noteboom would have started every game and went to the pro-bowl. Everyone failed. The injury bug was unprecedented.

This year is interesting with the turnover.

As of now I still see a good team taking the field and an opportunity to let our scouting do the job they have been excellent at doing. First round picks are largely wipeouts. Second round picks about as good. Third on down is where the scout and coaching has been a proven success for this team.

I have been repeating this quote from Bill Parcell for years, "You don't win championships with great players, you win with good players and great coaching". How many Head Coaches in the NFL are with winning teams from the McVay tree in six short years?

Can't figure out why the trust is gone.

GO RAMS!!!
Pro Bowl season? Your killing me with this stuff. He played well for a backup. He isn’t a starter.