No more incompletes for Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope it is one of those full size ones with the extra big buttons for the visually impaired.

Sounds like you're rooting for a losing season for the Rams. You negative nelly.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
While I agree with what you say here, jrry, I believe what the team will think depends on Bradford's performance and health. Sure, they believe in him right now, but it is possible that Bradford will disappoint and lose their faith.

And quite frankly, if the Rams have a winning season and Bradford plays well, I couldn't care less about any negative Bradford arguments. I don't worry about closed minded people.

Isnt that a two way street? Wasn't Bradford the most sacked QB 2 years ago and had wr's that bricks for hands? Its very doubtful they would want to give him up to a team with the likes of Fitzgerald and Floyd?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
When I hear knowledgeable football guys like Martz say Bradford has developed bad habits, then I cannot believe his game is there. Martz loves Bradford and believes he will be just fine with a better supporting cast, but Bradford's game is NOT THERE yet.
If he picks up where he left off ,it is.
I am a Martz fan, but he also said Marmie was "the best"

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
What about the ones that the receivers drop?...oh incompletes not incompletions.
The Rams were in middle of the league in dropped passes. Denver had the most drops.

As far as Sam Bradford succeeding, I think it's more a Brian Schottenheimer thing. You can have a great actors, a solid director, but without a good script you will make a crappy movie. I don't think 2014 is Bradford's make or break year. Barring Bradford stinks it up or gets injured, I think 2014 is Brian Schottenheimer's make or break year.

The Rams were in middle of the league in dropped passes. Denver had the most drops.

As far as Sam Bradford succeeding, I think it's more a Brian Schottenheimer thing. You can have a great actors, a solid director, but without a good script you will make a crappy movie. I don't think 2014 is Bradford's make or break year. Barring Bradford stinks it up or gets injured, I think 2014 is Brian Schottenheimer's make or break year.

According to which source? The only one I've seen we were third most and first when Sam went down.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
According to which source? The only one I've seen we were third most and first when Sam went down.

I'll have to get back to ya on that. I remembered the stats from my article on Pass Differential. I remember if figured out what Sam Bradford's YDS/A would have been if the Rams led the league with the fewest drops. And it increased his YDA/A by .4 yards per pass. What's your source?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Only one stat will matter after this year. Win - Loss.

V3

Hall of Fame
What happens if the two do not necessarily go hand in hand this year? Lets say Bradford plays lights out and puts up ridiculous numbers and the team still doesnt win. What then?

If that happens, I think it means we have some major issues on defense(secondary still sucking, injuries, etc.)

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I don't discount a lot of things when looking at Bradford. I think they all have a hand in how things have become what they are. To be clear, I am not on the "Bradford" train, but I still want to see the train get where it needs to go.

All of these things contribute to the situation we find Sam in now:

Team injuries
Lower team offensive talent level - more defense drafted then offense
Bad offensive line
Injuries to Sam
Multiple coordinators and offensive game plans
His rookie contract
The changes in the League
The changes in the NFC West, (remember it was the league worst back when he was drafted)

I may not be a big Sam supporter, but I can easily see him having a Pro Bowl year if he and the offensive line stay healthy.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Just for fun, here's an interesting stat.

Aaron Rodgers has been sacked a total of 139 times over the past 4 years. Bradford has been sacked 120 times over that same time period.

RamsFan14

Starter
I have all the confidence in the world that if Bradford is protected, he'll play great football. His worst games last year were games he got sacked over 5 times, that cannot happen in 2015. He's by no means going to have it perfect in the NFL, but I really think he needs a great OL in order for him to play well more so then having a great playmaker. We have solid playmakers who are capable of doing some damage, that's perfectly fine as long as Bradford is PROTECTED! Adding Robinson sure helps if he plays LG and it'll help with the play action passing game if Robinson can really improve our running game (how couldn't he? lol).

duckhunter

Starter
I don't discount a lot of things when looking at Bradford. I think they all have a hand in how things have become what they are. To be clear, I am not on the "Bradford" train, but I still want to see the train get where it needs to go.

Team injuries
Bad offensive line
Injuries to Sam
His rookie contract
The changes in the NFC West, (remember it was the league worst back when he was drafted)

I may not be a big Sam supporter, but I can easily see him having a Pro Bowl year if he and the offensive line stay healthy.

Welcome Rock.

The things you listed are reasons for not achieving success, let's hope they're excuses. Looking at your list, the important question for many of them is do we have the depth to overcome that type of adversity?

V3

Hall of Fame
I tend to believe there are a lot of moving parts to this issue and I think there is plenty of blame to go around. The WR's have issues, the QB has issues, the OL has some issues(though, I don't think they were that bad last year), and the OC has issues. They all need to step up their game or this team isn't going anywhere.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Aaron Rodgers has been sacked a total of 139 times over the past 4 years. Bradford has been sacked 120 times over that same time period.
That is why stats don't always tell the true story. Rodgers is notorious for holding onto the ball to try to make a big play. They have also had a lot of OL injuries the last two seasons. Big Ben is another example of holding onto the ball. Sam has improved on getting rid of the ball, and not taking sacks, but that doesn't in any sense mean that the Rams OL was better than a lot of teams.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
If Bradford plays lights out and puts up ridiculous numbers and the team has another losing season, then I'll give you all my ROD money and eat my keyboard.

Infinitely more likely is if they have another losing season, then Bradford is either mediocre or worse or hurt again.
I agree that injured again would be a concern, although I would still argue against the "injury prone" stance, but what has he done to make anyone believe he will be "mediocre or worse"?

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Doesn't actually provide an accurate comparison out of context. The Broncos attempted 659 passes, the Rams 504.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Here's another interesting stat. Just for fun.

In the past 4 years, Rodgers has had five game winning drives and two 4th quarter comebacks.
In the past 4 years, Bradford has had four game winning drives and five 4th quarter comebacks.

In 6 fewer games, no less.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Team injuries
Bad offensive line
Injuries to Sam
His rookie contract

Not trying to "call anyone out" here but I just don't understand this position. I mean, what's not to like about the guy? You've already described a less than ideal environment since his arrival. Do you care to explain?