No more incompletes for Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Mercifully, all the valid Bradford arguments one way or another come to and end this year, at least for me.

Does SB have what it takes? Can he stay on the field for 16 games? These and other questions get resolved in 2014.

There will be no 2015 in STL for SB if he doesn't step up his game and demonstrate that he is clearly a quality starting QB. No more unanswered questions, regardless of any excuses or explanations. I don't care if he gets struck by a bolt of lightning, there will be no more incompletes for Bradford.

SB is without doubt on the hot seat. Can he handle the psychological pressure as well as the physical pressure of not having an ideal supporting cast on offense? We find out soon enough.

I firmly believe SB is the key to success for the Rams this year. This team has too much talent now not to win with a good QB. We all know SB has the arm talent, this year we find out about the rest. Finally.

duckhunter

Starter
It's just natural for expectations to rise. Anything short of a winning season or, for many, the playoffs would be a big disappointment.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
You have validity.
But again unless he morphs in to Null level of Qb the Rams will still have to find someone better to replace him. There's no one on the roster now that can compete with him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't think he needs to "step up his game" I think his game is there and if the team struggles it won't necessarily be blamed on Sam if the people who make the decisions know better. Fans and writers? yes,max ? certainly ,I'll do my best to evaluate his play independent of the team and make up my mind

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Mercifully, all the valid Bradford arguments one way or another come to and end this year, at least for me.

Does SB have what it takes? Can he stay on the field for 16 games? These and other questions get resolved in 2014.

There will be no 2015 in STL for SB if he doesn't step up his game and demonstrate that he is clearly a quality starting QB. No more unanswered questions, regardless of any excuses or explanations. I don't care if he gets struck by a bolt of lightning, there will be no more incompletes for Bradford.

SB is without doubt on the hot seat. Can he handle the psychological pressure as well as the physical pressure of not having an ideal supporting cast on offense? We find out soon enough.

I firmly believe SB is the key to success for the Rams this year. This team has too much talent now not to win with a good QB. We all know SB has the arm talent, this year we find out about the rest. Finally.

Because they have so many other options on the roster who could take over in 2015

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't think he needs to "step up his game" I think his game is there and if the team struggles it won't necessarily be blamed on Sam if the people who make the decisions know better. Fans and writers? yes,max ? certainly ,I'll do my best to evaluate his play independent of the team and make up my mind
Brilliant post @Thordaddy !

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I've gotta agree with max on this one.

I've been a Bradford supporter for years but there's no more excuses. He's got weapons in the passing game. He's got the best OL we've seen here since our Super Bowl runs. He's got a competent running game.

It's time for Sam to break out or he'll be shipped out. I happen to feel pretty confident saying it'll be the former so long as he stays healthy.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've gotta agree with max on this one.

I've been a Bradford supporter for years but there's no more excuses. He's got weapons in the passing game. He's got the best OL we've seen here since our Super Bowl runs. He's got a competent running game.

It's time for Sam to break out or he'll be shipped out. I happen to feel pretty confident saying it'll be the former so long as he stays healthy.

I don't disagree with anything you said there. And I too have been a Bradford advocate from the time he declared for the draft in 2010.

He's had a raw deal in StL. Nothing we can do about that now. That's not the point. Neither is his salary or his draft position. It's all about his performance and winning in 2014. I say all the chips are on the table for Bradford this year. And I'm not predicting success or failure. I have no idea how it will play out. I can see it going either way, as there are reasonable arguments for it to go either way. It's pretty clear that Fisher is all in on winning the division in 2014, even with the tough competition. The top 4 picks were all instant contributor type players, all 4 guys are expected to get plenty of snaps this year and to make plays. They passed on a QB in the top 4 rounds because they are all in on winning with Bradford this year. Bradford knows its all on his shoulders now to lead this team to a winning season or he's a goner. I know he will try his best, what I don't know is will he pull it off.

fearsomefour

Legend
It always comes back to the same thing for me....who is the upgrade?
No one on the roster now. If the D is complete and operating at a top level, the O line and running game is fixed, do we really want to take a playoff team and insert a rookie QB?
If Bradford performs at such a poor level we need to seek immediate replacement then it will be the likes of Shaun Hill or another vet replacement.

PhxRam

It's all about his performance and winning in 2014..

What happens if the two do not necessarily go hand in hand this year? Lets say Bradford plays lights out and puts up ridiculous numbers and the team still doesnt win. What then?

Hawk

UDFA
I doubt he could play "lights out" if he isn't winning. If he plays "lights out" against bad teams and in garbage time then I don't care.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Brilliant post @Thordaddy !
Well ya know we drafted Robinson to play guard,he'll spend training camp learning that,if Long goes down week one, one of our expectantly dominant guards will move to tackle and immediately our running game will suffer and our passing game is going to be predicated on effective running.
Sam's gonna play hell being effective if our o-line doesn't stay healthy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Frankly, all that really matters is what the team thinks. So this may or may not be the "make or break" year for Bradford. None of us really know.

What I do know is that there will still be Bradford arguments regardless of what he does(short of throwing for 40 TDs and taking the Rams to a SB win). Because there are people(not on this site luckily) that made up their minds a long time ago about Bradford.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
What happens if the two do not necessarily go hand in hand this year? Lets say Bradford plays lights out and puts up ridiculous numbers and the team still doesnt win. What then?

If Bradford plays lights out and puts up ridiculous numbers and the team has another losing season, then I'll give you all my ROD money and eat my keyboard.

Infinitely more likely is if they have another losing season, then Bradford is either mediocre or worse or hurt again.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Frankly, all that really matters is what the team thinks. So this may or may not be the "make or break" year for Bradford. None of us really know.

What I do know is that there will still be Bradford arguments regardless of what he does(short of throwing for 40 TDs and taking the Rams to a SB win). Because there are people(not on this site luckily) that made up their minds a long time ago about Bradford.

While I agree with what you say here, jrry, I believe what the team will think depends on Bradford's performance and health. Sure, they believe in him right now, but it is possible that Bradford will disappoint and lose their faith.

And quite frankly, if the Rams have a winning season and Bradford plays well, I couldn't care less about any negative Bradford arguments. I don't worry about closed minded people.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well said. This is still a young team, with a bounty of young, unproven receivers. This is not an excuse, but a fact. I still expect Sam to have the kind of year that he WAS having, before injury, which was a good one, once the team starting meshing.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

When I hear knowledgeable football guys like Martz say Bradford has developed bad habits, then I cannot believe his game is there. Martz loves Bradford and believes he will be just fine with a better supporting cast, but Bradford's game is NOT THERE yet.